5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

empo21

Veteran
This isn't depressing? Portugal, is everything allright?

I'm glad Portugal has chosen something different than usual, but it's still not giving me a lot. :5: for now

edit. Very amusing to see the nursery rhyme song flop the televote 🤭

rasmuslights

Veteran
idk. I like it (was my 6th in the final tho) and it's still in my top 20, which tells us a lot about how strong fdc is.

About its chances, I literally have 0 idea. Could NQ or Q.

ollibox

Not among my huge faves.. :(
Hmmm.... What about Käärijä? :D Worth at least 250€ imo. AND you'll get Wild Youth totally free of charge!

Ok ok, I'm just hugely jealous. I'd KILL for tickets! :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Say Yay
Reactions: Mrm

i anixi

I still cant belive I paied 320 eur to watch fuckin’ cabaret in the 1st semi, Im totally devastated..if I wanted a cabaret I won’t attend ESC..:cry::cry:I cant get over it… Edmundo Inacioooo I xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart you… xcry xcry
Dear Mrm, dont be so sad. Try to get a translation on the lyrics of Aí Coração and you'll find how amusing, original and clever they really are. Not everything has to be depressing to be good all the time. Even we Portuguese have the right to have a bit of good fun once in about 20 years, right? 😜

BTW, you have no way of knowing but Lara Li, just because she's old, was never a Portuguese icon in any way. She had a success about 40 years ago and nobody has heard of her ever since. Her comeback felt pretty cringey to everyone around here, believe me . I wish her all the best, but I hope for her own good that she'll keep away from the flashlight in the future ... ☹️

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

BernadetteCydonia

Ah Portugal... well at least you broke a LOT of patterns, but may have started new ones along the way.

I don't mind Mimicat, it came off very strong performance-wise and the so-called "uptempo hater" jury probably hated different types of uptempos in the past (Passe-Partout was a different kind of style of uptempo, also the jury voting was close nonetheless so all cancelled out in the end). I would have still loved Edmundo to win more, though. Until then I will keep on dreaming for a so-called "pretty" song to win its NF. For now I have to mourn all the other pretty songs that failed to reach these goals - Inverno dei fiori, Les chansons d'amour, Tango, A festa... fare thee well, but you'll still be in my heart.

next year for FdC I wish for a year that's actually very open - seeing everyone being so hyped for Mimicat made me expect her to win regardless of a possible "threat" incoming (and the threat being the scoreboard which accidentally awarded Mimicat with 1 televote point while the hosts were saying something else :lol:), because you can only be threatening if you are equally flawless. Watching 2021 voting was a bit more exciting because I totally did not see the televote making it so that The Black Mamba ended up winning the entire Festival that year xD

ESC94

Muito obrigado :pt:, I really like that!! xcheer

When I listened to that song and closed my eyes I really felt like being in a nice little town on the Algarve coast and watching her performing that song. It´s traditional but not old fashioned, she sings very well and her stage presence is also great, she really owns the stage. And despite me being a big fan of their entry last year I like that it´s completely in Portuguese again. (y)

All in all I give Mimicat a very strong :10:, a few songs are a bit stronger for me at the moment but I can totally see myself upgrading it later an. :)

Good job Portugal and muita sorte!! xclap

Hatari2600

This is so lovely and danceable. I get vibes of these fun folksy pop song we’d get more of in the 00s, like Moja Štikla, Show Me Your Love, Hora din Moldova, etc. The quality of the final was high overall, as were the interval acts. Festival da Cançao really is one of the best NFs these days. :)

Decayingbooks

I think she can qualify, on the first half of semi 1 she and Alessandra are the only female singers, so she will stand out, the song has an intergenerational appeal and a more, let's call it, "old eurovision" song may gather the votes of the public that typically doesn't enjoy alternative styles of music and in a semi filled with that maybe she can Viktor Crone her way into the final.
What worries me is the running order, I can see it being a great opener, the end just pumps you up for what comes next, but it opening the show could also be a way to lose the public that tunes to the show a bit late and a lot of votes.
My ideal placement would be right before Käärijä, "Ai Coração" literally ends with "cha cha cha" so it would only make sense to have him performing next and although Finland doesn't really need it, the contrast would help both songs stand out.
The staging needs some work, but she has a solid concept and things can be polished and perfected for Liverpool, the portuguese delegation have been doing a good job in the last 2 years and I'm hopeful that things will be much better in may.

Top Bottom