4 2.7%

5 3.4%

10 6.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Decayingbooks

I'm listening to the aftershow on the radio and one thing they let slip was that there was a lot of discrepancies between the judges and the public, even saying that before they added the votes they had no idea who would be the top 5.
The judges on the final will be others, but if this means that the top 5 on the semi 1 was more consensual, Cláudia or Mimicat winning seems more likely.

Mrm

Veteran
Thank you grande Lara Li, for this astoniahing performance...:cry::cry: Im devastated...
:pt: doesn't deserve this ICON any more.. What a touching and amazing performance that was.. I'm speechless...

Edmundo Inacio and Ivandro 👌🙌

Semra

After today for me only Mimicat could qualify, mostly because there aren't songs on semi 1 that an older public, 40s and up will, vote for.
Edmundo is giving the same inexperience on stage that Conan had and I think his theatrics are going to be seen as akward by the majority of the public, also, as we saw in 2019, even if there are countries with big portuguese diasporas voting on the final, the diaspora won't vote if they don't like the singer and Edmundo presenting himself in as non-binary is going to be a big turn off

So let me give some perspective from someone around 40 and a few BIG misunderstandings:

1. I grew up when grunge and indie was really big! My age group (35-40 and all the way up to 55-60 years old I would say), at least in Northern Europe and North America, are indie crazy! :p We are the real rock generation, then came industrial and experimental soon after. I would vote for songs like Finland in a heartbeat (even if it's not really rock). And also Luke Black (who sound like NIN and Depeche Mode from our youths). Young people who discover experimental rock seem to belive "old people" won't like it even when "old people" were hooked on Pink Floyd, NIRVANA and Nine Inch Nails.

2. Ethnic never was or gets old. Even though I was a indie rock babe, I love ethnic and thus my votes would also go to songs like those by Blanca Paloma and Edmundo.

3. In the Portugese finals Edmundo is the only one I'd vote for in the grand finale! I love him and my age group (talking nordics again) usually don't give a f' if he's binary. I actually thought that was a Portugese costume, not anything binary? My number two is YCW Charlie Brown and the "stoned on the beach" vibe it gives (Ok, I would vote for that one also).

I liked Mimicat and the staging of Nasci Maria, but they'd be my number 3. and 4. Barbara Tinoco has a beautiful song but heard it to many times before.

Loindici

Veteran
Ines appreciation post for everybody who loves her beautiful song Fim de Mundo xcheerxcheerxcheer

lacrymea

So let me give some perspective from someone around 40 and a few BIG misunderstandings:

1. I grew up when grunge and indie was really big! My age group (35-40 and all the way up to 55-60 years old I would say), at least in Northern Europe and North America, are indie crazy! :p We are the real rock generation, then came industrial and experimental soon after. I would vote for songs like Finland in a heartbeat (even if it's not really rock). And also Luke Black (who sound like NIN and Depeche Mode from our youths). Young people who discover experimental rock seem to belive "old people" won't like it even when "old people" were hooked on Pink Floyd, NIRVANA and Nine Inch Nails.

2. Ethnic never was or gets old. Even though I was a indie rock babe, I love ethnic and thus my votes would also go to songs like those by Blanca Paloma and Edmundo.

3. In the Portugese finals Edmundo is the only one I'd vote for in the grand finale! I love him and my age group (talking nordics again) usually don't give a f' if he's binary. I actually thought that was a Portugese costume, not anything binary? My number two is YCW Charlie Brown and the "stoned on the beach" vibe it gives (Ok, I would vote for that one also).

I liked Mimicat and the staging of Nasci Maria, but they'd be my number 3. and 4. Barbara Tinoco has a beautiful song but heard it to many times before.
40+ here. Portuguese. Subscribe to everything you just said. There's a confusion on what 40/50/60 year old people grew up listening to.

EscGeek

Veteran
If i had to describe my feelings towards "Nasci Maria" with a gif it woud be this.:p

cat-vibing-vibing-cat.gif

Mimicat and Barbara are also valuable options. Come on, Portugal, i believe in you xcheers

Semra

40+ here. Portuguese. Subscribe to everything you just said. There's a confusion on what 40/50/60 year old people grew up listening to.
Really glad to find a likeminded soul :) 40's rock!

gigi_copp3

We need more slow songs! I would choose You Can't Win, Charlie Brown or Barbara Tinoco (but I wouldn't riot if Claudia or Mimicat wins).

Decayingbooks

The Portuguese 50 Viral from spotify today:

#05 Mimicat (-1)
#09 Cláudia Pascoal (=)
#10 Edmundo Inácio (+1)
#14 Churky (-1)
#16 Esse Povo (-2)
#18 SAL (=)
#22 You Can't Win, Charlie Brown (-1)
#23 Dapunksportif (+18)
#27 Bandua (+13)
#29 Alessandra :no: (+2)
#32 Neon Soho (-16)
#47 Inês Apenas(new)

The (+) and (-) are related to the positions of the songs before the second semifinal.
On youtube no new songs are trending, Cláudia and Mimicat where trending at #4 and #5 on thursday but they have breen dropping since then and are trending at #8 and #9 respectively.

The top 5 of most viewed videos from semi 2 at 18h30 cet:

#1 - 36k - Edmundo Inácio
#2 - 26k - Bárbara Tinoco
#3 - 22k - Ivandro
#4 - 14k - Inês Apenas
#5 - 14k - Voodoo Marmalade

DanielLuis

I see what Bárbara tried to do with her staging, and the concept is definitely there. It's pretty cool to see something absolutely new being tried in the FdC stage (I'm pretty sure no other Eurovision entry before has had a staging concept similar to that?)
But the execution is really lacking right now. The camera movements just feel odd, they take away a lot of energy from the idea. And it's just weird to see the people standing still smiling at the camera, but continuing to blink (obviously there's nothing they can do about this, humans do need to blink :lol:)
I think, watching the video a 2nd time, that once we're used to the idea it flows much better. But the first time around we're so focused on trying to figure out what the hell is going on that it feels like we don't even actually listen to the song itself.
The idea is really good but I don't know how they can adapt it to really work and deliver as planned.

DanielLuis

Besides Bárbara I think Edmundo Inácio and Inês Apenas were the easy standouts of the night. Both are lacking somewhat on their live performances to challenge though, especially Inês, she's way too stiff and nervous and that outfit doesn't work at all with both the song and her lack of stage presence. But I still find the instrumental absolutely beautiful.
I don't think anyone can rival Mimicat and Cláudia though, pretty sure they will be the top 2.

goncalovieira

That camera movements on the last part of Inês Apenas performance were great!
I do not know if it is known, but Inês has lost her mother recently. She deserves to be loved ❤️

lacrymea

I see what Bárbara tried to do with her staging, and the concept is definitely there. It's pretty cool to see something absolutely new being tried in the FdC stage (I'm pretty sure no other Eurovision entry before has had a staging concept similar to that?)
But the execution is really lacking right now. The camera movements just feel odd, they take away a lot of energy from the idea. And it's just weird to see the people standing still smiling at the camera, but continuing to blink (obviously there's nothing they can do about this, humans do need to blink :lol:)
I think, watching the video a 2nd time, that once we're used to the idea it flows much better. But the first time around we're so focused on trying to figure out what the hell is going on that it feels like we don't even actually listen to the song itself.
The idea is really good but I don't know how they can adapt it to really work and deliver as planned.
The concept isn't bad, but the execution was just dreadful and it came across as something from a school play. You are right: I didn't even pay attention to the song, being so distracted with the weird blinking manequins xD

For the 1st half of the performance, your attention is not on Bárbara, but on the people around here. And when she steps out of the "Polaroid frame", it's just a wide still shot for a whole minute :-/

That was really weird to watch.

Loindici

Veteran
Seeing Edmundo's "A Festa", I can see myself loving the song, it's something we probably missed since 2020 (Filipe Sambado, anyone?). But for such an energetic and fiery song, something's not right on the presentation. Perhaps it's either that he didn't commit either to move on the stage or standing charismatically, or that he's smiling the entire performance even though it's a gloomy song.

midnightsun

Veteran
I would love to have "World needs therapy“, great song, but honestly - and I can’t believe I‘m saying this - at this point we do have so many rock(ish) bands which is more than enough for Eurovision. We need some more bops, bass and glitter!

njdevils94

Veteran
I know the performance was off-putting to some but Bandua was robbed! Maybe not a contender but at least should've made the final. :(

Dapunksportif have the worst song in the final but some distance.

Top Bottom