Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
Boa noite everybody, I am going to bed in mourning. Hope to wake up from a bad dream,.

i should not have myself allowed to become so invested in FDC

Zonne147

Wow... It was very unexpected.

Well, the language doesn't and will never bother me, it was vocally very good and it's a classy act, but it's definitely boring and outdated.

I'm counting on the juries this time but I don't believe that we will get out of the semi :cry:

:4: or :5:

Ezio

Veteran
So even Portugal sells out to English now...

This is shaping up to be the most Anglovision ever... thank you juries and EBU, your "input" is paying off! ... so much for celebrating diversity... xshrug
I don’t mind an English song from Portugal, sweden does the same thing. Portugal mostly gets nowhere, sadly. But I loathe shitty lyrics like these.

neev’s song was more meaningful and a real choker to me.

Pål Nordahl

Okay, I was far too harsh with my initial reaction. The song has a certain charm, and his voice is very cool. It isn't lighting my world on fire but it's pleasant. :5: points.

A-lister

Veteran
? but it was the televote who had the english songs in the top 2? juries' first was a song in portuguese

I don't refer to the juries in the NF, the ESC juries rather that have been pushing hard for English and ultimately having effect on what countries choose as well (since I guess most countries want to do "good" in ESC).

A-lister

Veteran
I don’t mind an English song from Portugal, sweden does the same thing. Portugal mostly gets nowhere, sadly. But I loathe shitty lyrics like these.

neev’s song was more meaningful and a real choker to me.

I would love for Sweden to send Swedish language entries to ESC, my problem here is when even countries who were standing proudly behind their own roots give up on it then we can just scrap national languages in ESC anyways because there will be none left... it's really nothing to applaud.

FilipeGolias

I liked all the final top 6 songs... except the top one. :ROFLMAO:

There's no complaining about the justice of TBM's win as much as Elisa's last year: 2nd in both jury and public votes. And like Elisa's song, this one is just... there.

Oh well, there's always next year. And the next. And the one after that, lol.

Last edited:

Kaz

This is shaping up to be the most Anglovision ever... thank you juries and EBU, your "input" is paying off! ... so much for celebrating diversity... xshrug
We only have half the songs and :es::fr::nl::cz::dk::hr::rs::al::ua::il: all contain some non-english lyrics...this is already higher than a lot of previous years.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't refer to the juries in the NF, the ESC juries rather that have been pushing hard for English and ultimately having effect on what countries choose as well (since I guess most countries want to do "good" in ESC).
Salvador sobral holds the record for most points receIved by juries. He won recently.

You know how it goes... Björkman is paying EBU pure gold chocolate to ruin other countries' selections to snatch that 7th victory. The patterns of the Illuminati tells the truth...

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
This is not bad, just mah. I like their choice for arrangements as it's not common for mainstream music for instance but I kinda wish it would be 20% more 'amped up' or something. I mean those instruments, idk.

There are countries that I like much less than that (Denmark, Germany to name a few) but Portugal has had at least 5 more interesting acts / songs at its disposal in the final, so it's a waste for me - unlike in the case of Denmark where I did not care for anything.

A-lister

Veteran
Salvador sobral holds the record for most points receIved by juries. He won recently.

Yeah, because his entry sounded like it could have entered Eurovision in the 1950's so right down the juries' ally... had nothing to do with the language, rather that it was completely outdated (they love dated and English, sometimes they can't have both and dated comes first in their book).

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Ezio

Veteran
I would love for Sweden to send Swedish language entries to ESC, my problem here is when even countries who were standing proudly behind their own roots give up on it then we can just scrap national languages in ESC anyways because there will be none left... it's really nothing to applaud.
Standing proudly behind your country sounds so virtuous, but then always Ireland and UK win.

A-lister

Veteran
We only have half the songs and :es::fr::nl::cz::dk::hr::rs::al::ua::il: all contain some non-english lyrics...this is already higher than a lot of previous years.

I wouldn't say that some sentence or a couple of words in non-English is a good measurement, all in all this looks like it could become one of the most Anglified ESC ever.

Top Bottom