Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

DanielLuis

Lack of budget.
We are unsure how the coronavirus will affect the portuguese economy in the long term and the portuguese broadcaster if funded solely by the government, so a withdraw will not be a surprise.
Don't see it happening. FdC and Eurovision have been one of the constant focus of RTP ever since we won and they have a long term plan for the development of the NF. They're pretty well funded and FdC and Eurovision are some of the only shows that still manages to get ratings and social media buzz for them (The final of FdC 2020 led the ratings for the first time ever actually)
If anything, if they go through tough times they'll scale back FdC to a one night show.

Laepo1

I seriously doubt Portugal will withdraw. No logic in that.

But I also agree with a new batch of contestants. Elisa should be invited back, but not with a direct ticket to the final.

Sérgio Borges in 1970 and Liana in 2000 also won Festival da Cancao without being able to participate in Eurovision (different reasons though).

Mimmon

Veteran
I seriously doubt Portugal will withdraw. No logic in that.

But I also agree with a new batch of contestants. Elisa should be invited back, but not with a direct ticket to the final.

Sérgio Borges in 1970 and Liana in 2000 also won Festival da Cancao without being able to participate in Eurovision (different reasons though).
I really hope not...Also I agree of Elisa should be invited back aswell...
Also Festival da Cacao is one of my favourite national selection...
I can feel fancy and enjoy the music of art of Portugal...

Laepo1

I really hope not...Also I agree of Elisa should be invited back aswell...
Also Festival da Cacao is one of my favourite national selection...
I can feel fancy and enjoy the music of art of Portugal...

It's becoming one of my favorite selections as well. The event has been better organized and by consequence it has had more quality and variety in recent years. It seems they finally started taking it seriously again.

Last edited:

Mimmon

Veteran
It's becoming one of my favorite selections as well. The event has been better organized and by consequence it has had more quality and variety in recent years. It seems they finally started taking it seriously again.
In my opinion is better than Sanremo Festival or FIK organastion...
I currently doing series of National Selection Seasons and currently on 2015 and how good quality for underrated selection.... Besides 2020 was good in my opinion aswell...

John1

Winning Eurovision definitely helped FdC rise its popularity and -along the way- bring back way more alternative pop songs among the acts.

Medo De Sentir was too edgy to qualify (that's my opinion ofc), but it left a very positive impact, so did APL, O Jardim and Telemoveis.

Laepo1

I'm still waiting for a true fado song from Portugal. Although we've been criticised for always sending slow songs to the contest, we haven't sent one fado since 1991, and before that I guess was 1976.

Sammy

Veteran
I'm still waiting for a true fado song from Portugal. Although we've been criticised for always sending slow songs to the contest, we haven't sent one fado since 1991, and before that I guess was 1976.

As beautiful as fado may be, PLEASE don't! I'm DYING to have a song from Portugal that is uplifting!

Laepo1

As beautiful as fado may be, PLEASE don't! I'm DYING to have a song from Portugal that is uplifting!

But we only seem to qualify with super slow songs :D We did send an uplifting song in 2013 and it didnt qualify.

Please juste keep sending slow songs, that's the reason why I like Portugal every years

I prefer the slow songs as well, but it also depends. Medo de Sentir was quite boring.

Sammy

Veteran
But we only seem to qualify with super slow songs :D We did send an uplifting song in 2013 and it didnt qualify.
and you sent tons of slow songs that didn‘t do well either. one example alone is not enough to make a rule out of it. Besides: quiero ser tua SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FINAL!!!!!!

Looren

Veteran
For me Quero Ser Tua was shit xD

Portugal was robbed with Vida Minha and Telemoveis

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Portugal didn't take part in Eurovision 2013

njdevils94

Veteran
Elisa said that her and Marta Carvalho would do Eurovision 2021 without a second thought, if invited by RTP.

After today I think that chance has gone up now if there ends up being no Festival da Canção do to budget cuts by RTP for 2021.

elanyvx

Portugal will go to Eurovision 2021 and Festival da Cancao will select the song.

Top Bottom