21 10.9%

14 7.3%

14 7.3%

13 6.8%

27 14.1%

• Total voters

lightcity

Wrong.
150 million people watch Eurovision, some of viewers are probably gay. Second, Austria doesn't have diaspora and their neighbours normally don't vote for them /go back and check year after year. If they have diaspora how is possible they had failed before Conchita?! Your argument doesn't have any strong basis/
is it? well it seams that Austria won ESC for twice! and Portugal? never!

lightcity

Austria
Finland until Lordi (came last 8 times)
the Netherlands (waited for 30+ years to reach top 3)
France (won long time ago and now is not able to reach top 10 for years)
Switzerland (won long time ago)

Should I continue?!

ahaha...all of those won at least one time:
The Netherland:4 times,
Finland : one
France: 5 times
Switzerland : 3 times

all of those had many top 3

Portugal: never won and never was in top 3

do you want more?

lightcity

How many times Austria came top 5-6?

How many times Austria failed to qualify?

As many times as Portugal. Almost.

ahaha I am talking about 56 years in ESC...not in 5 or 6....semi finals in esc are just in the last years....not since the beginning!!

ag89

ahaha...all of those won at least one time:
The Netherland:4 times,
Finland : one
France: 5 times
Switzerland : 3 times

all of those had many top 3

Portugal: never won and never was in top 3

do you want more?

How long ago France and The Netherlands won? What is the best result France has achieved since semi-final introduction in 2004?

France is doing all wrong just like Portugal although they had some strong entries in 2009, 2010 etc, and they also change the way of selecting their entry. At least they are trying to play risky.

Portugal has never changed national selection and that national selection doesn't work. If something doesn't work what are you supposed to do? To change it.

Portugal doens't do that and until that happens-Portugal will not reach any success.

Good night.

:)

lightcity

Wrong.
150 million people watch Eurovision, some of viewers are probably gay. Second, Austria doesn't have diaspora and their neighbours normally don't vote for them /go back and check year after year. If they have diaspora how is possible they had failed before Conchita?! Your argument doesn't have any strong basis/
some are probably gay? ahahaha...you really don't know the spirit of esc!!

lightcity

How long ago France and The Netherlands won? What is the best result France has achieved since semi-final introduction in 2004?

France is doing all wrong just like Portugal although they had some strong entries in 2009, 2010 etc, and they also change the way of selecting their entry. At least they are trying to play risky.

Portugal has never changed national selection and that national selection doesn't work. If something doesn't work what are you supposed to do? To change it.

Portugal doens't do that and until that happens-Portugal will not reach any success.

Good night.

:)

it can be but at least France have won esc, and if they do a good job it is easy for them to win because of geographical position, and that it won't happen wit Portugal! RTP didn't made a good job, but even the past years they made ( ate least 1996 and 2008) the results were a disaster!! that is the difference! thanks

mykka

But then again, with the exception of 2003, the songs from 96-08 were all terrible.

DanielLuis

ahaha I am talking about 56 years in ESC...not in 5 or 6....semi finals in esc are just in the last years....not since the beginning!!

Exclduing the win Austria had about as much success as Portugal.
Anyway, if you don't like Eurovision, stop infesting a Eurovision fan forum. Go be butthurt somewhere please.

ParadiseES

Well, this song is #2 in Lithuanian iTunes, only after Sweden. You got something.

Jonaxh

So this year is over for us. Again too soon...

Leonor was great, she gave everything she could give, she didn't give more because the song didn't let her give more. I was an ok song, and in a semi like this an "ok" song can't go far...

Now all we have to do wish all the best to Leonor and to her carreer and look to the future.

Why does this continue to happen? Why can't we get a good song to represent us? Let's hope RTP realizes the method of choice isn't the correct one because it's been 5 years since our last final... All I can do is hope for the best! :)

musicfan

I thought this was easily in the top 10 songs, a weak semi as well.

The additions to the chorus still didn't seem to fit into the production of the song, they sounded distant. So I think they may as well have kept it as it was. The lead vocal was good. The stage show wasn't as well co-ordinated as some.

Despite the changes they made to the song this is still probably one of my favourite songs of this year's Eurovision and better than quite a few that qualified. Unfortunately a decent song only gets you so far these days. Put money into the staging and production to give it that extra push that most of the richer countries do and even some smaller ones towards the East sometimes.

lightcity

Exclduing the win Austria had about as much success as Portugal.
Anyway, if you don't like Eurovision, stop infesting a Eurovision fan forum. Go be butthurt somewhere please.

Sorry? can´t I give my opinion? infesting? infesting what? who? stay calm ok?

bbm099

If you don't believe your country can win how can you expect the rest of Europe will believe in you?!

THIS!

It just bothers me the amount of people here in Portugal (not only lighthcity) supporting this idea that our country should quit based on bad results. How about solutions? Why should we just let go of something if we don't even think about a way to make it better?

Only thing i can see are excuses... diaspora, neighbours, nobody likes us... and those are bad as excuses. The problem here are the ones responsible for picking the producers and, ultimately, the songs for FC. Those comments from Eládio Clímaco during semifinals just shows how we are clueless about europe's taste. We can talk and spot modern and cool things in other songs and we just tell ourselves our own songs are in that group of cool and edgy ones when they're not.
That is where we should invest our time and efforts as fans, trying to convince RTP to have a new approach, a current and updated one... not whining about things that does not count as excuses anymore, given the results from recent years. Eurovision and Europe's taste are evolving (generally speaking) and we're not. THAT is the problem, and that is what needs to be fixed.

lacrymea

THIS!

It just bothers me the amount of people here in Portugal (not only lighthcity) supporting this idea that our country should quit based on bad results. How about solutions? Why should we just let go of something if we don't even think about a way to make it better?

Only thing i can see are excuses... diaspora, neighbours, nobody likes us... and those are bad as excuses. The problem here are the ones responsible for picking the producers and, ultimately, the songs for FC. Those comments from Eládio Clímaco during semifinals just shows how we are clueless about europe's taste. We can talk and spot modern and cool things in other songs and we just tell ourselves our own songs are in that group of cool and edgy ones when they're not.
That is where we should invest our time and efforts as fans, trying to convince RTP to have a new approach, a current and updated one... not whining about things that does not count as excuses anymore, given the results from recent years. Eurovision and Europe's taste are evolving (generally speaking) and we're not. THAT is the problem, and that is what needs to be fixed.

I agree with everything you said. Just one thing: the disgusting comments during semi finals were from Ramon Galarza, not Eládio Clímaco ;)

Top Bottom