6 3.0%

4 2.0%

7 3.5%

9 4.5%

21 10.6%

119 59.8%

• Total voters

mikept

2008 is a big reason the juries were brought back. But that is not a Portugal problem, that was a Europe wise problem.
So,are you telling me that the contest had much more justice in results in years without Jury?

nikolay_BG

Banned
So,are you telling me that the contest had much more justice in results in years without Jury?

I don`t know what (s)he thinks, but I think what you wrote is correct. Just to tell you a little fact. In 2008 FYR Macedonia didn`t qualify for the finals because of the juries. Same happened with Finland last year. Denmark got a lower position in 2010 because of the juries and the little stupid romanian song was bumped because of them. Do you find that fair? I don`t think so.

A.B.

I don`t know what (s)he thinks, but I think what you wrote is correct. Just to tell you a little fact. In 2008 FYR Macedonia didn`t qualify for the finals because of the juries. Same happened with Finland last year. Denmark got a lower position in 2010 because of the juries and the little stupid romanian song was bumped because of them. Do you find that fair? I don`t think so.

If the Romanian song was "stupid" what about the Bulgarian entries from 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010? ;)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

???Where did you get that from comment???

There were a lot of concerns a few years ago about friendly/diaspora/political voting (whatever you want to call it) so to even it out a bit, the juries were brought back.

And everyone, this is not the Bulgarian or Romanian thread, please stick to discussing the portuguese entry here!

nikolay_BG

Banned
There were a lot of concerns a few years ago about friendly/diaspora/political voting (whatever you want to call it) so to even it out a bit, the juries were brought back.

So the juries can FU<|< the votes like they want ("and 12 points go toooo Azerbaijan") and that isn`t a problem? I don`t see how the juries prevented block voting tbh. I think this concirns were from people who didn`t put much effort to make a good song. Did the UK really expected that the eurovision audience will like Shooch? :eek:

And this is a problem, because Portugal had problems with the juries this year in their NF and also let`s not forget that the boring and forgetable portuguese ballad from last year was bumped from the juries also.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
So the juries can FU<|< the votes like they want ("and 12 points go toooo Azerbaijan") and that isn`t a problem? I don`t see how the juries prevented block voting tbh. I think this concirns were from people who didn`t put much effort to make a good song. Did the UK really expected that the eurovision audience will like Shooch? :eek:

And this is a problem, because Portugal had problems with the juries this year in their NF and also let`s not forget that the boring and forgetable portuguese ballad from last year was bumped from the juries also.

Again, this is not the right place to discuss juries, we actually have a seperate thread for that.

PeterLPZ

I´m a little bit surprised, when I heard the song from Portugal by CD. It sounds really different when all singers are singing right ;)

mikept

???Where did you get that from comment???

I know that very well...!! In my view since there the final results were much more fair...even so, this is not enough do get a good result for country´s like Portugal with geographical/borders problems because friendly/diaspora/political voting will continue in ESC between 3 great groups: EX-URSS, Balcans and North Europe...
The upon reason also :
1 - the financial problems of the country,
2 - the public monies used without any return from the EBU portuguese broadcast,
3 - The non interest in ESC of 99,99% of the portuguese people,
gives me reasons to say that Portugal must withdraw ESC quickly.

thanks

Last edited:

mikept

I know that very well...!! In my view since there the final results were much more fair...even so, this is not enough do get a good result for country´s like Portugal with geographical/borders problems because friendly/diaspora/political voting will continue in ESC between 3 great groups: EX-URSS, Balcans and North Europe...
The upon reason also :
2 - the public monies used without any return from the EBU portuguese broadcast,

thanks

r3gg13

I´m a little bit surprised, when I heard the song from Portugal by CD. It sounds really different when all singers are singing right ;)

It almost sounds like a chant on the CD. Needless to say, I like it :lol:

I don't see this song being a joke, it's really a social statement song which doesn't equal to a joke song.

Hey! If Portugal managed to get 2nd on a semi without jury's help, that just defies the argument that no one votes for Portugal ever. You guys were 1 place away from winning the semi. So, if that could happen, winning the ESC could happen. You just need a song that's as amazing as popular and awesome as Senhora do Mar.

evilperson

The upon reason also :

thanks

Portugal just needs a really good song that stands out and I'm sure a good result will follow and possibly even a win. I haven't heard such a song from Portugal yet.

Lack of substantial interest in the contest is quite understandable since results are usually poor but the problem here is the broadcaster's dedication to finding a song that even the Portuguese can throw their support behind. If I'm not mistaken, I think the current NF gets very poor ratings so something must change on the part of RTP if they wish to finally win or improve their results.

I think saying 99.99% of Portuguese are not interested is quite an overestimation. I think the actual contest generates decent viewership but even that can be improved if the broadcaster wishes to stir up interest. It's not beyond Portugal to send a decent song and win.

aletem

Portugal is getting high points from Switzerland all the time. And they also get high points from France (diaspora as well).

PeterLPZ

I think, Germany had the same problems during the last 3 decades. It was always difficult to find a song, which most Europeans like. Last year all changed. NDR tried to go an other way in cooperation with Pro7 and you all know the result at the end. I think, the portugease broadcaster should also go new ways and perhaps Portugal can be more successfull one day. Mostly I liked the portugease songs because of their beautiful language and because of much feelings in their melodies. This year this song isn´t my cup of tea, but it´s not bad - but I can´t see them in the final.

mikept

Portugal just needs a really good song that stands out and I'm sure a good result will follow and possibly even a win. I haven't heard such a song from Portugal yet.

Lack of substantial interest in the contest is quite understandable since results are usually poor but the problem here is the broadcaster's dedication to finding a song that even the Portuguese can throw their support behind. If I'm not mistaken, I think the current NF gets very poor ratings so something must change on the part of RTP if they wish to finally win or improve their results.

I think saying 99.99% of Portuguese are not interested is quite an overestimation. I think the actual contest generates decent viewership but even that can be improved if the broadcaster wishes to stir up interest. It's not beyond Portugal to send a decent song and win.

Sorry but you are not correct:
1 - In fact 99,99% ( or if you want 99,5% :lol:) of the portuguese don´t care about esc, this is not overestimation, and this is because years and years in the contest without at least 1 good result ( top 3 or top 5)
2 - I do not agree that Portugal never sent a masterpiece to ESC, if you never heard good portuguese entries is because you really don´t know the history of Portugal in ESC,
3 - In fact RTP don´t care about this contest, and this is one of the reasons I think Portugal must withdraw, the country can´t spend money without any economic return,
4 - ESC is not going ever get the pleasure to see reputation portuguese artist ( like Marisa ) in the contest, because in Portugal people think that to be in ESC is a disaster for the good artist careers( I am not talking about young people starting carers, I am talking about artist with a good career done...)
5 - Even with RTP working hard in having a good representation in ESC, no one in Portugal believe in a portuguese winner because of all problems I talk in the remaining messages ( diaspora/ friendly/ political votes etc...etc) again this is a very good reason to withdraw...
cheers

mikept

Portugal is getting high points from Switzerland all the time. And they also get high points from France (diaspora as well).

Really?? and what about Ex-URSS group or Baltic group votes? do you really think that having votes ( never 12 or 10:lol:) from 2 countries can give any change to win? :lol::lol: really funny...

mikept

I think, Germany had the same problems during the last 3 decades. It was always difficult to find a song, which most Europeans like. Last year all changed. NDR tried to go an other way in cooperation with Pro7 and you all know the result at the end. I think, the portugease broadcaster should also go new ways and perhaps Portugal can be more successfull one day. Mostly I liked the portugease songs because of their beautiful language and because of much feelings in their melodies. This year this song isn´t my cup of tea, but it´s not bad - but I can´t see them in the final.
Sorry but this is not the same:
1- Germany didn´t had a problem like Portugal for the last 3 decades: Nicole won in the 80´s, also Germany get good positions in between....
2- Germany is in the middle of Europe...diaspora/ friendly votes works very well
third Germany is the strongest economy in Europe...political votes also works very well....
cheers

Top Bottom