5415901283_ae47a99307.jpg

Performed by: Homens da Luta
Lyrics by: Jel
Composed by: Vasco Duarte
Language: Portuguese

fokmey

Re: PORTUGAL - Portugal 2011

Nelly Furtado please. :D

And i read this on wikipedia, is it true?

The song (Força) was considered to represent Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 in Istanbul, however, the plans of Portuguese broadcaster RTP changed, selecting a song through a different method.

A-lister

Veteran

fokmey said:
Nelly Furtado please. :D

And i read this on wikipedia, is it true?

The song (Força) was considered to represent Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 in Istanbul, however, the plans of Portuguese broadcaster RTP changed, selecting a song through a different method.

Well... if this really is true then RTP proved how dumb they are lol..

as with Catarina being robbed this year...

I hope they go back to the "roots" (2008-2009) and send something with Portuguese/ethnic flavor again.. couldn't stand that americanized wailing ballad stuff this year no matter how many octaves the girl could show off in 3 minutes!

Something Fado maybe? Portugal has really great traditional sounding music

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

RTP confirmed that Portugal will take part next year..... :cool:

Nando

wittgenstein said:
i think its finally time for portugal to win!
For that, they have to send something very different

Schlagerman1

well My feeling for a Portuguese winner is growing for every year now after the slight miss in 07...I hope they find the diamond in the rough now and finally makes the victory! :)
Portugal and Lithuania are the two countries I really look forward to see as winners in the near future! :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

The Portuguese broadcaster RTP announced moments ago the rules and dates for Festival da Canção 2011. The Portuguese selection for Eurovision will feature one show, to be held on March 5th and featuring 12 songs, previously voted by the internet users.
All those interested in taking part can submit their entries until January 16th. A jury will then select 20-24 songs to proceed to the internet phase of the selection. The public will be able to vote for their favourites from January 20th to 27th.

The 12 most voted songs will qualify for the final of Festival da Canção, scheduled to be held on March 5th. The voting procedure will be made up by 20 regional juries (18 for each Portuguese district, 1 for Madeira and 1 for Açores) and televote at a 50% split.

The venue for the event will be Teatro Camões, in Lisbon.

r3gg13

I really wish that they win this coming year. They've had great songs these past years. Vânia and Flor de Lis's songs were spectacular. And I couldn't agree more about Catarina, she probably would have placed in the top 10 or the top 5 (maybe) since the public has this appreciation for dance tunes with ethnic flare. It isn't to say that Filipa's song was bad though.

I'm sure they'll send another good song this year. I just hope that they'll be voted well.

A-lister

Veteran

^
Filipa's song was not bad, it was awful :lol:

Agree with the rest though.

r3gg13

^
It was great the first couple of times that I listened to it, but it lost steam after like listening to it 10 times. Needless to say, there were better ballads last year than hers xD

A-lister

Veteran

^
Well everyone's entitled to theirs offcourse! :) Can't argue taste really, but I beg to differ, thought the song was 3 minutes of wailing pain.

Anyways, I really liked Portugal 2008-2009, also 2007 was pretty decent. Somehow they seemed to regain some interest for Eurovision in Portugal and it paid off with 3 times in a row in the final.

If they choose carefully this time around, they could very well end up winning.

Last edited:

r3gg13

^
I loved Filipa, she's like cuteness personified :)
Yes, they have to choose carefully! I love that they don't send songs entirely in English. It's really a breath of fresh air, and songs in Portuguese sound much better than their English translation. They lose half of it's essence when it's translated.

A-lister

Veteran

^
Agree 100% about the language comment, I hope Portugal won't sell their soul like most others done in the contest. This is a reason I have big respect for them in Eurovision, I hope they keep the tradition of sending entries in native language, more countries should follow their example.

r3gg13

Totally, they stay true to their roots, and for me it's a big reason why I root for Portugal! It will just be totally ironic if they send a song in English and they actually win LOL

Top Bottom