16 50.0%
  • Let's not have it

16 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

r3gg13

Trece and I were thinking about an extra rule that could be used to make the game a bit different from FSC.

The idea is that if you want to send your song separately - you choose the region.

1. Each participant can select any country to participate.
2. Each country can be divided into separate regions if in the jury will be more then 1 person (i.e. Wallonia and Flanders for Belgium; Catalonia, Basque Country, etc. for Spain)
3. Both the region and country can compete with each other in the contest. (i.e. Catalonia can compete against Spain)
4. In cases where regions and countries compete with each other, the country cannot send any song originating from the regions (i.e. Spanish jury cannot compete with a Catalonian song).
5. The regions can only send songs originating from their own regions (based on the singer's origins).
5. Members can still move from juries to juries if so desired.

So, here's the poll, you have 2 days to vote on it. There's only 2 options, "let's have it" and "let's not have it"

Results will be revealed automatically in 2 days.

CPV4931

voted

LakZaNokte

it would be nice to have those regions. we would all learn about other countries and that is one of the resons why we are here (ok, it's one of my reasons) :)

MyHeartIsYours

Believe it or not, I was actually going to vote for this because I think it'd be a nice, different idea. However, as it says that the nation could compete alongside the regions, that wouldnt be good imo, so I had to vote against it.

LakZaNokte

Believe it or not, I was actually going to vote for this because I think it'd be a nice, different idea. However, as it says that the nation could compete alongside the regions, that wouldnt be good imo, so I had to vote against it.
tbh, I'm not crazy about it either.

I suggest removing that rule (3.)

LakZaNokte

:mrgreen: Then, this rule does not make sense. The idea is that if you want to send your song separately - you choose the region.

aha. didn't know that. so it would be like safe place for rogue jurors. ok then xbow

MyHeartIsYours

tbh, I'm not crazy about it either.

I suggest removing that rule (3.)
Definitely - it should either just be regions, or countries, not both.

If it was going to just be regions, then I will support it.

However, thought would have to go into what the definition of 'regions' is, there are many different types of regions and we couldnt have the situation of one region being within another. For instance, you could have England, or South West England, or Cornwall, all occupying the same area. So a clear definition would have to be given on which regions are allowed to join.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
So a clear definition would have to be given on which regions are allowed to join.

For UK: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales for sure.
In the case of other countries, may be the leadership of the game should determine which regions can be created in the country? xshrug

MyHeartIsYours

But the problem is that it then becomes inconsistent between the countries. If you want to keep it consistent, like American states, French regions, German states, etc, then England cannot participate as one instead its 8 regions should participate instead, in addition to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
But the problem is that it then becomes inconsistent between the countries. If you want to keep it consistent, like American states, French regions, German states, etc, then England cannot participate as one instead its 8 regions should participate instead, in addition to Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Regions that means states, regions, autonomies etc.

MyHeartIsYours

There are different types of them though, many of which over-lap, which is why it's not so easy to say oh lets have regions, it has to be thought about properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom