22 10.8%

60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

burrito

How you people see the dislikes in YT? :oops: Is this a settings thing? I haven't seen that for few years now. Ofc, I see the number of views and likes, all the comments, but not dislikes.
there are add-ons available for browsers, I was confused too :D

I did sign the petition too, I don't think anything will happen (although two days have passed now and the video is still not up on esc channel which is sus) but putting pressure is important so I'm doing my part

Chalphon

Were you on a jury in Warsaw on Sunday evening by any chance

I would have loved to, don't think they would invite me though. But I completely understand why Blanka beat Jann songwise. Singingwise on the other hand she was not good but songwise... and it's a song contest afer all. Not a singing competition. I'm gonna listen to the studio version if they clean up her singing.

Mainshow

Veteran
Electric Callboy got over 100.000 as far a I remember… didn‘t change anything.

It didn´t change the format of the NF last year but it clearly changed a lot for this year!
We´ve got way more transparency, fairness and acts LIKE Electric Callboy (alternative, rock) made it into the line-up.
Without the petition, we would probably just have ended up with 5 or 6 songs like Will Church and René once again.

TVP should understand that viewers and fans are angry because they definitely rigged the whole process whilst attempting to disguise it as purely democratic.
Most people in Europe aren´t dumb and they should realise/notice it and remember it when they come up with a new national final next year.

Semra

I would have loved to, don't think they would invite me though. But I completely understand why Blanka beat Jann songwise. Singingwise on the other hand she was not good but songwise... and it's a song contest afer all. Not a singing competition. I'm gonna listen to the studio version if they clean up her singing.
Well, my 6 year old niece, watching "Barn TV" (The Childrens Channel) would agree with you. Only thing is she would sing it 10 times better.

For my teenagers and I, Jann's song is a tad more interesting.

blue00eyes

I don't know what is happening. Petition? LOL. Childish af. 10 years ago the same "fans" would die to have TVP being represented by actual radio hit on ESC.

If Blanka sang amazing people would be like she's wasting her vocals on such songs. This song doesn't require it. She goes for looks, nice staging and summery vibe. Let's see what happens.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don't know what is happening. Petition? LOL. Childish af. 10 years ago the same "fans" would die to have TVP being represented by actual radio hit on ESC.

If Blanka sang amazing people would be like she's wasting her vocals on such songs. This song doesn't require it. She goes for looks, nice staging and summery vibe. Let's see what happens.

It´s not "that" childish and people (from what I´ve seen and heard) aren´t mad that Blanka won - her song is generic but perfectly fine and it´s indeed a pretty nice feature that a country gets represented by an already successful song/a (radio) hit.
Some Polish fans are severely disappointed and rightfully outraged that TVP "rigged" the national final by heavily influencing the jury voting (allowing members to judge Blanka who have strong ties with her), changing the system all of a sudden (switching from "giving the power to the televoting" to "letting the jury decide if there´s a tie", not showing the televoting results on TV (I´m glad TVP just released them).

The petition is just an additional way to make them heard.
Some Polish ESC media outlets also wrote an "open letter" to TVP (they didn´t target Blanka but just pointed out the things I´ve mentioned and demands transparency).

Blanka actually could surprise some fans (in May she will be accompanied by either backing singers and/or a backing track).

Sammy

Veteran
I mean, the act is definitely not the best but as usually when the fanfav is not selected, people are overreacting a bit, which I understand. but with a little step back, we could agree, that we have seen similar songs going to AC in Sweden in the past. Of course with a better vocalist / performer and a way better staging, but still. the song per se isn‘t THAT bad. - the act as a whole on the other hand…. but don‘t take me serious, I‘m an tasteless austrian ((c)njdevils94) with a bias for a sweet guilty pleasure from poland :mrgreen::lol:

blue00eyes

Go to the first page, it's been known from the very start that TVP is gonna rule and do things their way, I told you.
It was already much that they chose Jann to be part of *their* National Final and allow him to do such staging.

Blanka still was 2nd in tvt. SloMo v2.0 it is not and won't ever be but it's not Ahlena level either.

burrito

Petition? LOL. Childish af.

why exactly?

edit: I think I know what you mean by that actually, but I disagree it's childish, as @Mainshow said it well - it's just another way to make their/our voice heard. If it's for a good cause and out of a good reason, it's not "childish" - regardless of who else would deserve those 12 points more (not even necessarily Jann).

Go to the first page, it's been known from the very start that TVP is gonna rule and do things their way, I told you.
It was already much that they chose Jann to be part of *their* National Final and allow him to do such staging.

comment_ooaAqhhBGDHx82MDABkn9EnqX3Qn9tQx,w400.jpg

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
How you people see the dislikes in YT? :oops: Is this a settings thing? I haven't seen that for few years now. Ofc, I see the number of views and likes, all the comments, but not dislikes.

You can use a special add-on to see the dislikes! I am using it when browsing youtube on my computer.

Semra

Blanka still was 2nd in tvt. SloMo v2.0 it is not and won't ever be but it's not Ahlena level either.
Jann didn't have any staging. I don't know if they didn't let him or if that was his choice.

Any way, what happened is close to corruption in a way. And that should always be taken seriously. If a country can't fix it on a small scale, they'll never be able to fix it on a higher one.

dogmeat

A normal broadcaster would be kissing his boots for applying with a quality song that has a good chance to do well. But Jann should be grateful TVP let him perform as a support for their preselected entry...

Top Bottom