60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
Why are people so butthurt? Its giving Margaret losing to Michał Szpak, or Mirela losing to Manel. People are acting as if Blankas song didn't have loads of streams already - way waaaayy more than anyone elses and was already a hit song. Heck she even performed it abroad. Blanka was bad, but so was Jann. He was horrific live, screeching his way through the song and gasping for air every 2 seconds - it was messy as hell. I don't deny something sus may have happened but i don't think Blanka winning is some wild turn of events.

I´m not butthurt - I´m mad that TVP came up with a trashy national final full of horrible songs and performance to create some sort of mockery fest.. like changing the rules in short notice to make Blanka win - TVP didn´t even announce the televoting results.
The juries highlighted the fact that "one has to be original to stand out at Eurovision" whilst heavily voting for the most generic song in the line-up.

Let us all appreciate this TVP-initiated article declaring Blanka as the winner of the NF TWO HOURS before the "results" came in:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
because it was just an internal selection with extra steps
a hit song doesn't necessarily make a decent eurovision entry

I never said that being a hit necessarily makes a decent eurovision song. My point was that some people on the internet are acting as if a Blanka win is totally out of the blue, imo it makes some sense for the reasons I give.

both performances could be improved in those two months left to the actual contest - I am therefore pretty sure that Blanka will improve her performance, but so would Jann, but the difference is that Solo has much less potential to be remembered to say the least

Fair.

I´m not butthurt - I´m mad that TVP came up with a trashy national final full of horrible songs and performance to create some sort of mockery fest.. like changing the rules in short notice to make Blanka win - TVP didn´t even announce the televoting results.
The juries highlighted the fact that "one has to be original to stand out at Eurovision" whilst heavily voting for the most generic song in the line-up.

Let us all appreciate this TVP-initiated article declaring Blanka as the winner of the NF TWO HOURS before the "results" came in:

I was more talking about the Twitter stans tbh, but i'm certain the shoe fits here also with some. In the past 24 hours i've seen jokes about Crimea and even a couple of people hoping something bad happens to Blanka to prevent her going so Jann can go. It's just too much.

They probably had the same article written for the other contestants also, just all set to private.

Mainshow

Veteran
Oh, probably the same "fans" who sent death threats to Chanel (and are now voting for "Slo Mo" in the Top 250 thingy).

Seriously, some people are just dumb and toxic - I don´t hate Blanka´s song (It´s a radio-friendly bop - a tad bland and lacklustre but not horrible) but I just hate everything around her "victory" and she really was not able to sing.. like.. at all..
But dunno, turn up the volume of the backing track, add two backing singers and fans will probably be partying to it in May.

Rocket man

This is the same broadcaster that the EBU suspected of cheating which meant Poland had their jury points removed last year. TVP doesn't have a clean history when it comes to jury voting. These suspicions of rigging isn't so unlikely.

Last edited:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Well that's a bit underwhelming as an entry. Clearly not my type of music at all tbh but nothing really infamous. Just, as other songs, it's, just there... :5: for the song. This could still Q imo, i doubt there will be other songs like this in her semi.

TVP making a NF just pushing this very song with news relying only on Blanka and having a jury with close people of hers, when they just had to go internal if they really wanted this only song : :0: for TVP.

Thus said, Jann live was a bit all over the place, especially vocally, and in this very moment it didn't work in my view. It was a bit messy. But with Gladiator there were much more potential.

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm still over the moon so i have two things to say :D

1-Blanka's singing is fine the way it is. She's no Alika, but she doesn't have to be for a song like that.
She sings exactly the way I want her to in order for her to sound amazing. A little nasally singing fits this song perfectly.
Could they have found a better vocalist? Yes. Could they have found a worse one? Also yes.
I've heard enough of her live singing to not be worried about the main performance.
And this is coming from someone who actually was a bit worried about Pia Maria last year. (She did good in the end) :p

2-I don't see "Solo" as a typical "yaaaaay queeen slay bop". Those songs (many of which i'm a fan of) prioritize mass appeal because they're made for a Song Contest. "Solo" is just so happy-go-lucky by comparison. My theory is that this is exactly why i had to endure seeing comparable songs lose one by one at national selections for the past 7 years (at least). And that makes me appreciate "Solo" even more. xlove
You know that feeling when you want something and you immediately get it, you are happy for a while and then you move on to a new craving? And in return, you appreciate that thing you wanted way less than you would have if you took your time? Yeah, this is what's happening here for me. xmusic

burrito

I was more talking about the Twitter stans tbh, but i'm certain the shoe fits here also with some. In the past 24 hours i've seen jokes about Crimea and even a couple of people hoping something bad happens to Blanka to prevent her going so Jann can go. It's just too much.

one of the reasons I will never make an account on twitter is that some people there like to take things to the extreme more often than anywhere else

I never said that being a hit necessarily makes a decent eurovision song. My point was that some people on the internet are acting as if a Blanka win is totally out of the blue, imo it makes some sense for the reasons I give.

I can see why people are shocked. After all, Jann was a big favorite - it is enough to see how much the audience was cheering for him - and people got their hopes up apparently forgetting/diminishing the fact of who is in charge of this event. And when you hear the judges being like "we want something original" and then putting a generic radio-friendly song which is everything but original first, it's just strange.

burrito

btw, does anybody know how long does it usually take for EBU to upload the entry on their youtube channel? Solo is still not up in there

Bmbriga

Why are people so butthurt? Its giving Margaret losing to Michał Szpak, or Mirela losing to Manel. People are acting as if Blankas song didn't have loads of streams already - way waaaayy more than anyone elses and was already a hit song. Heck she even performed it abroad. Blanka was bad, but so was Jann. He was horrific live, screeching his way through the song and gasping for air every 2 seconds - it was messy as hell. I don't deny something sus may have happened but i don't think Blanka winning is some wild turn of events.
I'm not butthurt about her winning, I'm butthurt about jury putting her first.
Song is weak and ridicoulus and she can't sing.
Where's the logic?
"Sure, maybe the song is generic and dated, production is cheap and flat, but she also can't sing!"
Wtf, what's the point of the jury then?
Jury doesn't have to always pick the best vocalist or best "quality" song, but some minimum of standards should be there.

KingJulian

Why are people so butthurt? Its giving Margaret losing to Michał Szpak, or Mirela losing to Manel.
Can we stop comparing this situation to the one with Margaret and Szpak? It was 100% televote which decided back then. Now we have TVP and five people in jury rigging the national final, not only by putting Jann so low, but also by changing the voting system like five days before the show.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can we stop comparing this situation to the one with Margaret and Szpak? It was 100% televote which decided back then. Now we have TVP and five people in jury rigging the national final, not only by putting Jann so low, but also by changing the voting system like five days before the show.

The only comparison I made is people throwing an absolute fit over the outcome, and I also used Mirela/Manel from Spain. It's the fact some of you seem to think he deserved to be higher in the jury? He was dreadful live, an Asthmatic would have better breathing control than he had - he did a few steps and was then gasping for air. Anyone would have been able to screech their way through like he did also. You're dragging the juries for putting Blanka first, but then insinuating in the same breath that Jann should be higher. I agree it's sus as hell that Blanka was first, she was bad live, but there were other singers who were able to hit an actual note. If we're running on the assumption that Blankas song alrady being a hit isn't good enough reason for her to have won the juries (I don't think it should have based on last night), then Jann shouldn't have done so either for the same reason. Alicija or maybe Dominik would have probably been the more logical winners based on what everyone is complaining about. You all need to get over it and move on, you're in semi 2 with diaspora voting ready to line your scoresheet - and based on Janns performance i don't think he would have done all that much better than Blanka potentially could do anyway.

burrito

you're in semi 2 with diaspora voting ready to line your scoresheet

2018, 2019 and especially 2021 beg to differ and that's the only most recent of what is our glorious and long history of nqs (but it had been discussed on this forum before) so no, our super-powerful diaspora isn't "ready to line our scoresheet"

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
2018, 2019 and especially 2021 beg to differ and that's the only most recent of what is our glorious and long history of nqs (but it had been discussed on this forum before) so no, our super-powerful diaspora isn't "ready to line our scoresheet"

2018 you were 10th in the televote, 2019 11th missing by 5pts but were also missing Norway, UK, Ireland & even Lithuania in your semi. 2021 is the only real stand out to give your point credence. More often than not it's the juries that drags Poland down, not the televote. This year i'd say Poland has a fairly solid draw in what is shaping up to be a fairly terrible semi. 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom