22 10.8%

60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ekzuu

But Polish people don't you have any investigative journalism that would ask questions, like for televote results, who this girl is and so on? I mean I appreciate sex appeal but if it is not used in combination with talent/personality/wit it is really boring.

EscGeek

Veteran
Finally I have a song like this at eurovision! My hands are shaking and i'm sweating right now. This win goes out for Margaret and Daria and others alike across europe that had always failed to go to eurovision.

What in a lovechild of Malou Prytz and Margaret Copacabana Banana

Very pointless and unremarkable to me, but does it strike anyone else it's very similar to Hanna Ferm's "Brave" from Melodifestivalen 2020?

This is exactly what i meant. You two name dropped the correct acts. xdance2
This is so for me. xmusic

Truskawka

But Polish people don't you have any investigative journalism that would ask questions, like for televote results, who this girl is and so on? I mean I appreciate sex appeal but if it is not used in combination with talent/personality/wit it is really boring.
i mean it's TVP, we don't need investigative journalists to look into this for people to believe that it was rigged. If someone claimed that it was rigged like half of poland would believe you right off the bat and i'm not joking or anything. the state of our national tv is just this bad at this point.

a good example on how hated (or one could say polarising) tvp is that for nye 2022 they announced melanie c on their line up and her own polish fans petinioned for her to pull out of the tv show so she wouldn't perform for the national broadcaster. imagine people starting campaigns for artists to pull out of a new year's eve special at the BBC, France 1, ARD or any other national broadcaster, not even RAI's image is this bad.

ekzuu

i mean it's TVP, we don't need investigative journalists to look into this for people to believe that it was rigged. If someone claimed that it was rigged like half of poland would believe you right off the bat and i'm not joking or anything. the state of our national tv is just this bad at this point.
Ok, I just imagine this kind of situation in Estonia and I'm pretty sure other newspapers would write about this kind of accusations etc

gigi_copp3

What am I reading here
I was ironic btw
But this shows how the competition in the genre for Alessandra is... nothing. In 2021 against Destiny, Eden Alene, Elena Tsakgrinou, Hurricane, Stefania, Natalia Gordienko, Efendi and Senhit (with Albina being kicked out in the semis) Alessandra would have suffered the saturation and would have finished in the mid-table (this year, with the only competition actually coming from Blanka which is not at the required level, this won't happen and Alessandra will get all the votes of the target)

gigi_copp3

Ok, I just imagine this kind of situation in Estonia and I'm pretty sure other newspapers would write about this kind of accusations etc
In Italy we would have had Iene or Striscia la Notizia investigating on that, especially in the past. Back in 1996, Striscia la Notizia claimed to know the winner of the Festival (Ron) even before it started.

LivingOrganism

I was ironic btw
But this shows how the competition in the genre for Alessandra is... nothing. In 2021 against Destiny, Eden Alene, Elena Tsakgrinou, Hurricane, Stefania, Natalia Gordienko, Efendi and Senhit (with Albina being kicked out in the semis) Alessandra would have suffered the saturation and would have finished in the mid-table (this year, with the only competition actually coming from Blanka which is not at the required level, this won't happen and Alessandra will get all the votes of the target)
Depends on who Germany chooses next week. Patty Gurdy with "Melodies of Hope" would be another strong female bop. Maybe not exactly the same genre, but similar target audience.

nudiecrudi

not even RAI's image is this bad.
I can understand you feeling bad for this choice and maybe a bit frustrating but please do not make comparisons.
Maybe Rai isn't good to organize ESC, but is able to organize an excellent high quality song festival, every year. There isn't any country which invests 20 million € for such an event

Truskawka

I can understand you feeling bad for this choice and maybe a bit frustrating but please do not make comparisons.
Maybe Rai isn't good to organize ESC, but is able to organize an excellent high quality song festival, every year. There isn't any country which invests 20 million € for such an event
no don't get me wrong this is not about eurovision. but i have many italian friends who have quite varied opinions on rai and the political landscape on italian television and how rai definitely fed into the escapism aspect of entertainment in the past and had questionable ties to conservative politicians and views.

sorry if this came off as if i was rehashing the endless bashings from last year, i didn't even think about that when i wrote my post.

VikingTiger

I havent been following the national selection of Poland. In my car back from a trip to the mountains I heard this song for the first time - the live version - a couple of hours ago.
What an absolute disaster! The live vocals were painful to be listening to. Blanka's stage carisma was close to zero. But the backdrop was kind of nice... The good thing though is that we did have a very good laugh in the car!
For quite a few years now I have been expecting Poland to be fighting for the victory of the ESC. I have felt that it was only a question for time. Well, obviously this is not Poland's year.

Top Bottom