flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

hijirio

Veteran
Doda please xpray xpray xpray Time for Europe to see some talent

A-lister

Veteran
Doda please xpray xpray xpray Time for Europe to see some talent

She's not having any good music any longer though (Riotka is almost 10 years old, plus that came after some years of bad releases as well), plus she doesn't want to it seems (she's just using the Eurovision cycle every now and then to boost interest for some random new single she's putting out, creating all this fake drama claiming she wanted to enter but wasn't picked or whatever, and the gays are buying it each time).

Last edited:

Poland

Daria release new song! Possible that song she send to TVP for National Final in Poland. What is you rate? Better than „Paranoia" and her latest song „NeverEnding Story" ?

Poland planned NF on 26th February. Submission window is open until 15th January.

A-lister

Veteran
"Melodia ta" and "Fake Love" are better than "Riotka".
Personally, I think that she´s currently releasing her best songs of her career :D

They're ok, but nothing special, but of course each to their own :)

Riotka, to me, was her last actual good song, and then we would have to go back some years prior. Her signature Virgin/Doda years were obviously the heights of her career. I can't believe she went from being one of the most successful acts to being a petty criminal and a pastiche "instagram/reality" type of personality. I mean she was always playing on being "controversial" and all that, but at least could back it up with strong material and commercial success. She is undoubtedly talented, but the material is just not there. I agree though the latest is a bit step up from most of the stuff she released in the past decade.

simonPL

...and sing like that?

As I can see, lots of people totally lost interested in her after her childish attitiude and aggresive interviews during NF's time in Poland. She's so hard to be liked and I think this is a very important factor when it comes public voting. ;)

Furthermore - the most important thing is a song and performance and I can't feel that she can deliver a good one. Typical radio-songs are not on the top of the scoreboard on ESC anymore, many better voices and choices than Daria lost during the last few years.

The same thoughts I have with Doda. Let's face it - she is always a few years behind the music trends. All her current songs are like radio hits from 2010s and to be honest they can by sung by someone else and you wouldn't notice. At least she begged it and they play it on the radio for the very first time.

Doda is a good option when we want to have a buzz around Polan... her. And probably she could pass to the finals. But if we're talking about good places, better than Ochman's 12th place (I am surprised he was out of top 10, but I don't wanna start again that discussion ;)) the performance must be innovative, fresh and the song good. As a copy-cat who's doing dance-music and can't dance, I don't feel Doda can make it... BUT okay, she's kinda ambitious, so maybe she's able to create something better than this performance below (please note - this is not live, it's pre-recorded vocal) and I will take that back if she really sends her song to the NF, it will be good one with a nice show and - the most important thing: she's gonna do it in a prescribed time. ;d

Mainshow

Veteran
...and sing like that?

As I can see, lots of people totally lost interested in her after her childish attitiude and aggresive interviews during NF's time in Poland. She's so hard to be liked and I think this is a very important factor when it comes public voting. ;)

Furthermore - the most important thing is a song and performance and I can't feel that she can deliver a good one. Typical radio-songs are not on the top of the scoreboard on ESC anymore, many better voices and choices than Daria lost during the last few years.

The same thoughts I have with Doda. Let's face it - she is always a few years behind the music trends. All her current songs are like radio hits from 2010s and to be honest they can by sung by someone else and you wouldn't notice. At least she begged it and they play it on the radio for the very first time.

Doda is a good option when we want to have a buzz around Polan... her. And probably she could pass to the finals. But if we're talking about good places, better than Ochman's 12th place (I am surprised he was out of top 10, but I don't wanna start again that discussion ;)) the performance must be innovative, fresh and the song good. As a copy-cat who's doing dance-music and can't dance, I don't feel Doda can make it... BUT okay, she's kinda ambitious, so maybe she's able to create something better than this performance below (please note - this is not live, it's pre-recorded vocal) and I will take that back if she really sends her song to the NF, it will be good one with a nice show and - the most important thing: she's gonna do it in a prescribed time. ;d

Daria´s performance is absolutely garbage. She would never reach the final with such attitude/vocals.

Doda, however, even though she might not be good at dancing, clearly has the stamina/"X-factor" and charisma to make up for it.
Also, let us not forget that mediocre choreography can be masked by great camera angles and shots. Cleo didn´t dance either.... whilst mediocre vocals can be more harmful to a good ranking at Eurovision, imo (even though pre-recorded vocals can do wonders at times).
I kinda disagree with Doda´s recent singles sounding like something from the early 2010´s - they are clearly not that Dubstep-driven or overproduced like EDM-bops/hits from these years and her representing Poland would be kinda huge for Poland, imo (even though I´d love to see other artists for Poland as well).

However, I agree with you saying that Doda would probably not finish higher than Ochman who clearly deserved to finish inside the Top 10 (but I think that the cringe-y performance (at parts) as well as the horrible placing in the running order can be called out for being responsible for him finishing "that low").

Female bops, however, can perform well - Eurovision editions simply can´t be filled with too many of them like 2021.

lilka

I've already posted a link from eurowizja.org in the Polish language section, but they wrote Iwona Węgrowska is interested. xwallxstars

alexecsc2023uk

Singer NAPOLI may take part in Poland's selection for Eurovision 2023.

Previously, the Belarusian singer participated seven times in the finals of the Belarusian selection and once in the selection of Poland (2016). This year the singer offered the Polish broadcaster two entries - "You" and "For You".

It is also known that her manager at the moment is the notorious Andi Taranik, who is familiar to many Eurofans.

Recall that the acceptance of applications ends this Sunday, and the list of finalists is planned to be announced on January 25th.

elanyvx

several artists interested in the Polish selection 2023

Mainshow

Veteran
10th Februarry?!?! to submit entries?!?
Wow - that´s very late!

Can TVP really come up with a national final in a few days? I mean, there has to be several rounds of "experts" to listen to all submissions, no?

alexecsc2023uk

Belarusian singer NAPOLI applied for Poland's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023

According to our information, the Belarusian singer Napoli (seven-time finalist of the selection of Belarus and finalist of the selection of Poland for Eurovision 2016 - Olga Shimanskaya) submitted two songs to participate in the national selection of Poland. Information about this was confirmed to us by the manager of the artist Andi Taranik.

Description of songs:

1. "You" is a mid-tempo dance song about a girl who looks very simple and insecure on the outside, but inside she has a huge potential. Having met her great love, she realized that it is no longer possible to hide behind a simple appearance and you need to act and open up!

2. "For you" - a ballad that we cannot live without love. Love inspires us, inspires us to new goals, inspires us to improve and become better than we were yesterday. Love helps us to be healthy and live! This is what Napoli sings about in her song "For You" and dedicated it to the person who inspired Napoli to new actions, thanks to the ability to love her.

Polish broadcaster TVP has extended the acceptance of applications for participation in the national selection "Krajowe Eleminacje" for Eurovision 2023 until February 10.

The final of Poland's national selection for Eurovision 2023 is scheduled on February 26.

Top Bottom