Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
my problem is here,that i have last year discovered ralph kaminski - he has both - very good voice and creative songs - the songs of mister ochman (so far!) gives me nothing.
this song is a combination of some drum&bass beats and a (partly) 1:1 singing like r. kaminski copy.
i am not very impressed but poland can choose what they want. xqueenbitch

Well, taste differs of course, but to say his stuff sounds like the standard stuff we get from talent shows as The Voice and similar I can't really hear tbh.

I have no idea who this Ralph guy you mention is though (will definitely look him up though so thanks for the tip!), but is it really relevant in the context of this year's Polish selection and Eurovision? He isn't taking part obviously, so not sure what that matters in the scale of things? saying that artist A isn't good because random artist B is better (who doesn't even take part) makes little sense to me xshrug

Even if this Ochman sounds like a poor man's version of that guy (again, I can't tell as I have yet to hear the other dude), obviously an almost absolute majority of Eurovision viewers would have no idea and won't relate so they will judge what they get in comparison to the other entries firstly and the Eurovision context in general and I guess in that context Ochman doesn't look that unoriginal as you claim him to be, but again that's just to my ears of course.

Anyways, to expect a lot of originality in Eurovision or in mainstream music in general is maybe far-stretched, but I still think he doesn't sound like the average Pop guy out there (even if there might be some that are similar sounding), let alone ESC act, so I guess it's better than having another MF reject at least, and if you take into consideration that Poland struggles to send anything even remotely good to ESC, he would still be a step in the right direction ;)

Last edited:

lasse braun

I have no idea who this Ralph guy you mention is though (will definitely look him up though so thanks for the tip!),
please check post #180 from this thread.

the song is what really counts and if "river" is a good song and fits mister ochmans voice well all is well. :cool:

A-lister

Veteran
please check post #180 from this thread.

the song is what really counts and if "river" is a good song and fits mister ochmans voice well all is well. :cool:

I'll definitely be checking that up, so thanks again for the tip ;)

Well, it could be just a rumor, but apparently it's an English version of this track:

Personally I like it, but yeah it's a matter of taste of course. To me it sounds a bit as if Mahmood and Gooral would have a baby.

Iker

Veteran
2014 was iconic! Now that one IS the best Polish entry to date, no competition.

But what should TVP listen to? I honestly don't think Doda has the intention to go to Eurovision, she's just feeding her ego with this trolling, it's how she is.
I rate our first four Eurovision entries higher (1994-1997) but 'My Słowianie' was indeed iconic and even strikes me as better than it was back then in the hindsight. The choreography was cool as well. Easily our best in this century do far.

Mainshow

Veteran
Poland should only be sending folk songs to Eurovision each edition in the upcoming 10 years.
Swedish-produced pop songs in English aren't working for Poland right now ;)

nick_idk

I actually think is a solid folk entry, and could be competitive. I feel like people in UA like these type of folk songs but don't know how popular the genre is in PL. We'll see how her live performance is i guess.

Mrm

Veteran
Oh no, folk songs should be banned for at least 10 years. It's not working.
"Czysta Woda" is not Slavic/Polish ethno at all.. If she wears Flowers in her hair and sings in Polish language doesnt' t mean it is ethno or folk music.. This music reminds me of Brazil/Portugal more to be honest..I dunno about lyrics, as it means "Clear water" if it is in the ethno mood, but music is really not ethno/folk...
And yeah, I LOVE this song! ❤️😍

Mrm

Veteran
GOOSH I ADORE "Czysta Woda"... xlove xheart

I want to dance to it in the spring, on Wyspa Mlynska/Mill Island on Brda river in Bydgoszcz!! xlove xheart

canal-with-small-bridge-to-the-mill-island-bydgoszcz-poland-picture-id579743156

Mrm

Veteran
@mauve

"Czysta Woda" is so great! It is so different, fresh, joyfull, groovy! You have to like/love it! xyaaay :)

Top Bottom