So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
Today we have learned that Russia and Poland are both a mess. Good God.

simonPL

I checked Alicja's instagram yesterday and she had posted short videos from the studio... so there's a chance that Polish song for ESC doesn't even exist yet.
:love:

crashworld

Veteran
I checked Alicja's instagram yesterday and she had posted short videos from the studio... so there's a chance that Polish song for ESC doesn't even exist yet.
:love:

But it could also be possible that she is not even the chosen representative and that she is in the studios for her own stuff.

But to be honest, is there anything happening in Poland (besides the pandemic that every country is facing) or the Polish delegation that they can't even decide a representative?
I can understand countries like Belarus or Armenia having delays because of the political problems in their country.
But so far, I didn't hear anything about Poland having serious troubles within the country.

Mainshow

Veteran
But it could also be possible that she is not even the chosen representative and that she is in the studios for her own stuff.

But to be honest, is there anything happening in Poland (besides the pandemic that every country is facing) or the Polish delegation that they can't even decide a representative?
I can understand countries like Belarus or Armenia having delays because of the political problems in their country.
But so far, I didn't hear anything about Poland having serious troubles within the country.
There was a huge protest backed up by most media. No news papers, TV programmes for a day. People protest because of the anti-abortion law and I am honestly a little bit afraid that many artists simply don't want to be associated with TVP/the government right now. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything so far? I mean, we didn't even get an announcement of an announcement.

HayashiM

Veteran
There was a huge protest backed up by most media. No news papers, TV programmes for a day. People protest because of the anti-abortion law and I am honestly a little bit afraid that many artists simply don't want to be associated with TVP/the government right now. Maybe that's why we haven't heard anything so far? I mean, we didn't even get an announcement of an announcement.

So, any potential new flags in your queue? Come, come to the dark Czech side, we have cookies! And donuts! ;)

(but jokes aside, I find what I know of political situation in Poland really terrifying :()

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
So, any potential new flags in your queue? Come, come to the dark Czech side, we have cookies! And donuts! ;)

(but jokes aside, I find what I know of political situation in Poland really terrifying :()

Haha, unfortunately, no - or at least, I'm not aware of it. To be fair, the last name of my Polish family sound more Jewish but I will not change to the Israeli flag since "Set Me Free" isn't a great entry either :D - Maybe I should do some DNA heritage test someday but I don't feel like sending my DNA to scientients just like that....

Are your Czech donuts as good as Polish Pączki?

HayashiM

Veteran
Haha, unfortunately, no - or at least, I'm not aware of it. To be fair, the last name of my Polish family sound more Jewish but I will not change to the Israeli flag since "Set Me Free" isn't a great entry either :D - Maybe I should do some DNA heritage test someday but I don't feel like sending my DNA to scientients just like that....

Are your Czech donuts as good as Polish Pączki?

You can always pretend to have some heritage from the Vikings. Just make something up, no one will know. :)

I have never had paczki, but what I googled looks very good and quite similar to what we have (koblihy). Colour me interested!

Mrm

Veteran
Somebody wrote on Eurovision Song Contest 2021 page on Wikipedia, that Polish 2021 reprsentative is Edyta Gorniak with song "Amen".. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mainshow

Veteran
Nah. TVP has already been teasing us with some "We ain't sleeping" post and asking people to name their favourite Eurovision entrants. I don't think Poland will withdraw.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
You can't really withdraw without paying a hefty fee and facing potential ban for a few years. The EBU will make exceptions e.g. Armenia's circumstances but they can't just pull out now just because they don't feel like it.

Yoozek

You can't really withdraw without paying a hefty fee and facing potential ban for a few years. The EBU will make exceptions e.g. Armenia's circumstances but they can't just pull out now just because they don't feel like it.
It's not like it's their money anyways, is it. They got 2 billions zloty from taxes just this year (gift from the government for `spreading reliable and real news`).

A-lister

Veteran
I'm pretty sure Poland are in, however they might be struggling with picking their act/song (for whatever reason xshrug), I don't think this is a Russian scenario though (which I truly believe is just the Russian broadcaster/delegation trolling as a way to boost hype for the reveal of Little Big's entry).

It could be, what's been mentioned previously, that many acts don't want to be associated with TVP these days due to political reasons, hence why they could struggle with getting a good entry (maybe even Alicja said no which might have been their initial pick and this is why we suddenly have other rumored names?). It's hard to say what's going on behind closed doors, we can just speculate.

I think it might be Cleo? She's been rumored now, and Donatan was hinting something (but then again he is also trolling alot). However she did answer back that she would see him doing it without her (but he's only a producer/composer so he wouldn't obviously be the singing act).

Late 2019, Cleo released the song "Dom" (produced by Donatan), which would have been a perfect fit for Eurovision (and actually imho a potential candidate for the victory had it been picked and the edition not been cancelled due to COVID). I also recall alot of people requesting that song to be picked for Eurovision, but instead TVP went with the "Szansa na Sukces"-format. Now when Cleo/Donatan was picked in 2014, it also came after heavy push from the public (and probably some $$$ and promised "artistic freedom" by the TVP as well) , so maybe the popularity of "Dom" (and talk about it being a good pick for ESC) had Cleo/Donatan considering a comeback? Also Cleo is associated with TVP so she is not one of the acts that has a problem with representing them, although I do recall them being sceptical about Eurovision after how the juries mistreated them (can't blame them!)

So what do we think? Cleo/Donatan comeback? Alicja? Ochmann? xshrug

Last edited:
Top Bottom