So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Brzozowski scenario seems possible, his music career is dying and he would sing anything, even another Amen or covid-themed song if they wanted him to.
Wow this guy is such a bore, a sure NQ if chosen...

Btw something I've always wondered is how come such a flamboyant gay figure (who looks a bit like Conchita Wurst) like Michal Szpak is so involved with TVP? xshrug

Iker

Veteran
Wow this guy is such a bore, a sure NQ if chosen...

Btw something I've always wondered is how come such a flamboyant gay figure (who looks a bit like Conchita Wurst) like Michal Szpak is so involved with TVP? xshrug
He's not openly gay though. He always avoids answering every question regarding his sexuality but this is what everyone suspects. He is far less crucial for them than Brzozowski even if the former is more famous. Szpak is merely a jury member in Polish the Voice (btw. our show has a very high quality when it comes to contestants - especially 1st edition was incredibly strong, whereas I remember scratching my head while watching Italian edition of it - because some really mediocre people that would not even be invited in Poland made the jury sears turn during blinds). And some ok-ish but ultimately average performers would make them go bonkers altogether.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
He's not openly gay though. He always avoids answering every question regarding his sexuality but this is what everyone suspects. He is far less crucial for them than Brzozowski even if the former is more famous.

Well, he certainly has no problem openly running around gay clubs in Warsaw (bumped into him at some occasion) xshrug

I mean he's hardly a closet case, just look and listen to him, he makes me feel butch (and I'm not the most macho guy out there :lol:)

Anyways, it's just something I was wondering about... it's not like it's going to be him... or is it? I hope not... the guy can surely sing, but everything else about him is just kitsch.

Iker

Veteran
Well, he certainly has no problem openly running around gay clubs in Warsaw (bumped into him at some occasion) xshrug

I mean he's hardly a closet case, just look and listen to him, he makes me feel butch (and I'm not the most macho guy out there :lol:)

Anyways, it's just something I was wondering about... it's not like it's going to be him... or is it? I hope not... the guy can surely sing, but everything else about him is just kitsch.
I am not a fan of his music either which is a pity as I really did like him when he participated in talent shows as an upstart. As for being gay, yeah ... it's not like he's pretending really that he's not like Tomasz Kammel that always "has a beard " and some fake girlfriend so to speak. Szpak is secretive when it comes to his romantic relationships I think.

A-lister

Veteran
I am not a fan of his music either which is a pity as I really did like him when he participated in talent shows as an upstart. As for being gay, yeah ... it's not like he's pretending really that he's not like Tomasz Kammel that always "has a beard " and some fake girlfriend so to speak. Szpak is secretive when it comes to his romantic relationships I think.

I think he's a talented singer, but except for that I don't like either his musical outputs or style xshrug , I don't really care what his sexuality is but he can't fool anyone really.

I am not sure who that person is, but I know that sadly in Poland there are many closeted gay men having girlfriends (or even wives) publically (and I'm not even referring to celebrities), it's sad that it still has to be this way in this new millenia but yeah...

Iker

Veteran
I think he's a talented singer, but except for that I don't like either his musical outputs or style xshrug , I don't really care what his sexuality is but he can't fool anyone really.

I am not sure who that person is, but I know that sadly in Poland there are many closeted gay men having girlfriends (or even wives) publically (and I'm not even referring to celebrities), it's sad that it still has to be this way in this new millenia but yeah...
I find it really embarrassing and sad to be honest, not being gay obviously.

A-lister

Veteran
I find it really embarrassing and sad to be honest, not being gay obviously.
:lol:

Yeah I get it, but sadly it seems to some to be more important what some neighbor will say in church or what some uncle has to say about your child than the happiness of the child itself xshrug

Loindici

Veteran

It's still prevalent in countries with strong sociocultural bonds with religion. I can speak from my experience that some of the guys would consider having wives (or the girls having husbands) even if they intentionally doing so just because societal pressure from the families are usually demanding.

A-lister

Veteran
It's still prevalent in countries with strong sociocultural bonds with religion. I can speak from my experience that some of the guys would consider having wives (or the girls having husbands) even if they intentionally doing so just because societal pressure from the families are usually demanding.

Yeah, it's sad though and it's not like Poland is some sort of backwards third world country either, it's one of the highest ranked countries in terms of education results and a growing economy that is surpassing some other European countries' GDP. Luckily it's less of an issue in major cities and more of a small town/rural problem (although these fake cover-up relationships occur even in Warsaw).

simonPL

158688572_1888135008015587_3051897796812534788_o.png

Okay, so they are going to announce the song this Friday on TVP's morning show. If you ask me - a little bit too soon, but okay... and why not during the evening news?!
I hope that live performance of it won't be our "official video" on Eurovision YouTube channel, lol.

A-lister

Veteran

Okay, so they are going to announce the song this Friday on TVP's morning show. If you ask me - a little bit too soon, but okay... and why not during the evening news?!
I hope that live performance of it won't be our "official video" on Eurovision YouTube channel, lol.

Oh gosh, seems like not even TVP believe in their pick then...

hijirio

Veteran

OMFG IWONA BOOOP

WOULD HAVE BEEN MY WINNER IN 2017 xheat xheat xheat

• Fuego
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Iwona go to Rotterdam, gaaaaa'l! xheat xyes

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
I so hope it is Iwona Wegrowska now! xheat

If not, then a disco polo 90s inspired piece... xheat

If not then some G:Son's realness like Man Meadow from 2008 and 2009 Piosenka dla Europy.. xheat

I gave you 3 options, TVP..
Thank you so very much! xbow

A-lister

Veteran
I so hope it is Iwona Wegrowska now! xheat

If not, then a disco polo 90s inspired piece... xheat

If not then some G:Son's realness like Man Meadow from 2008 and 2009 Piosenka dla Europy.. xheat

I gave you 3 options..
Thank you so very much! xbow

Three options of horrors :lol:

Mrm

Veteran
Three options of horrors :lol:
Viva la musica
I'm singing in the key of love
Viva la musica
I'm so alive, I'm so alive
Viva la musica
I dance to the rhythm of my heart