So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Because it was sung by a female singer, of course. If Ochman had sung "Empires", everybody would've loved it.
:lol:

Empires was a pretty badly composed, over-sung attempt at a "Bond-themed" song, it wasn't bad but not good either, Alicja wasn't the issue with the song so Ochmann wouldn't have been able to "save" it either, in fact he would be less fit for it than her.

No, I think people root for Ochmann because Alcija's stuff so far has been pretty generic at best while he offers something more interesting.

Alicja is a talented singer (although she over-sings at times), but material-wise she's pretty boring BUT with the right song I wouldn't mind her.

A-lister

Veteran
Maybe Donatan then?

Well, it wouldn't be Donatan alone as he is only a producer/composer, so maybe a Donatan/Cleo comeback (as she's been rumored), although I feel like all we get now are a bunch of rumors so we'll see... I feel like we'd end up with Alicja or an Alicja/Ochmann duo which would be fine... but all depends on the song of course.

Mimmon

Veteran
Meanwhile I am bored waiting TVP releasing the statement for Polish entry I want you a story when I had Goosebumps learning that Cool Me Down hitted a radio station in Ireland and almost injured my leg.

It was June 2016 working out in gym and out of blue Cool Me Down started playing and I was so surprised that this song hitted radio station on RTE.I was so amazed that I almost injured my legs...So yeah

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
This Ochman guy...he won a televised singing competition? Really? Him? That performance of "Frozen" genuinely sounds like it could have come from one of the funny-bad auditions they used to have on American Idol. I hope it's not him.

A-lister

Veteran
This Ochman guy...he won a televised singing competition? Really? Him? That performance of "Frozen" genuinely sounds like it could have come from one of the funny-bad auditions they used to have on American Idol. I hope it's not him.

What do you think about the original songs he put out? I think that's a better indication of what he could bring to Eurovision than looking at his performances in "The Voice". I mean you have to add to the fact that Michal Szpak, who is hardly any measurement of "good taste" what-so-ever, was his "mentor" on this show, and from my understanding of the show's format, thus had alot say in the arrangements and staging of his performances.

Mrm

Veteran
Why they don't choose some older established singer with amazing vocals, male or female, with big, a bit oldfashioned ballad in Polish language, preferabelly? I miss that category so much in these days ESC.. :(

A-lister

Veteran
Why they don't choose some older established singer with amazing vocals, male or female, with big, a bit oldfashioned ballad in Polish language, preferabelly? I miss that category so much in these days ESC.. :(

You miss oldfashioned ballads? xshrug

There are a bunch of them each year in ESC and won't stop coming due to the juries constantly supporting that kind of "category", so I think it's hardly something missing from the contest, more the opposite.

Mrm

Veteran
You miss oldfashioned ballads? xshrug

There are a bunch of them each year in ESC and won't stop coming due to the juries constantly supporting that kind of "category", so I think it's hardly something missing from the contest, more the opposite.
But not like Poland 1999 - "Mietek Szczesniak - "Przytul mnie mocno"! xlove xheart xcry

A-lister

Veteran
But not like Poland 1999 - "Mietek Szczesniak - "Przytul mnie mocno"! xlove xheart xcry

Wow, you like that sleeping pill? I thought at least you would mention some of their more interesting "experimental" ballads from the 90's... oh well each to their own...

I think there is an obvious reason Poland won't send something like that again, for starters a certain NQ.

Mrm

Veteran
@A-lister

I love all of those ballads..Poland is in all those years in my TOP 3-5.. xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
@A-lister

I love all of those ballads..Poland is in all those years in my TOP 3-5.. xlove xheart

They had som hit-or-misses in the 90's but certainly they were more authentic and interesting than most of the entries they sent 00's and onwards (although they had a couple of good entries throughout those years as well, but unfortunately more misses than hits).

Mrm

Veteran
They had som hit-or-misses in the 90's but certainly they were more authentic and interesting than most of the entries they sent 00's and onwards (although they had a couple of good entries throughout those years as well, but unfortunately more misses than hits).
Well I liked/loved many of them in 00s too..for example 2006, which I suppose you really do not like.. :D

A-lister

Veteran
Well I liked/loved many of them in 00s too..for example 2006, which I suppose you really do not like.. :D
That song is a... hmm... I dunno what I can say about it? Badly produced? Juvenile? Don't get me wrong, it actually had potentially good moments but it struggle with what many Polish entries did with bad production and amateur composition.

Iker

Veteran
@A-lister

From entries representing my country I only really liked those from the very beginning (this is from '94 to '97) and My Słowianie from 2014. But we have had many other great could-be entries or artists that were snubbed sadly in the past who tried but lost to some tacky shit (Margaret, Kasia Cerekwicka and ... Blue Cafe in their first attempt in 2003 with a much superior song than that in 2004).

'You maybe in love' by Blue Cafe from 2003 still sounds great currently imo. Please type it into youtube and you will find out yourself! It was a fairly big hit in Poland too back then iirc.

Mrm

Veteran
From entries representing my countries I only really liked those from the very beginning (this is from '94 to '97) and My Słowianie from 2014. But we have had many other great could-be entries or artists that were snubbed sadly in the past who tried but lost to some tacky shit (Margaret, Kasia Cerekwicka and ... Blue Cafe in their first attempt in 2003 with a much superior song than that in 2004).
I also love Iwona Wegrowska from NFs...

Top Bottom