So baby, hold on for the ride of your life
High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright

I'm gonna take all the world tonight (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
Not gonna ask, gonna take what's mine (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
So hold on tight, baby, let's get high (Oh-woah-oh-oh)
High above the ground
Ride, staring at the neon signs
Let me figure out what is in and out

High above ground, living it now
I'm gonna take you to the end of the line
Taking that fight, make it alright
It doesn't matter if I stumble and fall
I'll make it through, I'll never touch the ground
Hold on real tight, make it alright​

Last edited by a moderator:

revallsay

Rafał Brzozowski - The Ride - Poland

OK, I put so much hat on this in my previous post xqueenbitch but after reading all these hate on the Interent about it, I feel really awful :( It's not great, but after lsteing to it several times and putting so mch effort on liking it, it stopped being so bad. I know it will not do well, he will terrible live. At least it is not as bad as most of the songs this year.

6/12

mauve

Veteran
This is the biggest grower for me. I think the first time I heard it, I literally couldn't stand it. I gave it 2 pts. I upgraded to 4 first, then to 6, and now I upgraded to 8. One of the best bops this year!

Iker

Veteran
My country is in my bottom 5 this year sadly. I am convinced that the next time I will listen to 'The Ride' in full will be in May.

Iker

Veteran
And I had it on constant repeat yesterday ...!
STbNkIm.gif
I am glad that there are still some people that enjoy it. But this year I won't be rooting for Poland. I can only hope it won't be embarrassing. And btw. I love 'Adventure Time' and I was sad when the show has ended.

This is my least favourite Polish entry since 2009 (studio-wise) & that whiny ballad of Lidia Kopania (I actually detested that song more than most and her voice always sounds very flat to me regardless of what she sings and how recent it is). I also disliked :pl: 2015 as for me it was very bland. This one is upbeat and relatively catchy but at the same does nothing for me. And Rafał Brzozowski is quite unlikely to elevate this very average song in his live performance.

Last edited:

mauve

Veteran
I am glad that there are still some people that enjoy it. But this year I won't be rooting for Poland. I can only hope it won't be embarrassing. And btw. I love 'Adventure Time' and I was sad when the show has ended.

This is my least favourite Polish entry since 2009 (studio-wise) & that whiny ballad of Lidia Kopania (I actually detested that song more than most and her voice always sounds very flat to me regardless of what she sings and how recent it is). I also disliked :pl: 2015 as for me it was very bland. This one is upbeat and relatively catchy but at the same does nothing for me. And Rafał Brzozowski is quite unlikely to elevate this very average song in his live performance.
Somehow "The ride" reminds me of one of my alltime favorite progressive rock band ASIA. They exist since the 80's. They btw have a song called "Ride easy". One of my favorite songs from them. But RAFAL's song reminds me rather of "Finger on the trigger" or "End of the world".

Ezio

Veteran
I think Poland is in big trouble this year.

First of all, the song is not terrible, but it's lazy..
In the 80's sound and synth department, there is already the much more competitive song of Denmark.

Juries will hate this song a lot. Ukraine and Lithuania are not there to help.

And then, Diaspora. I think they are not a strong as usual, because work travel is restricted and I guess TV ratings will be through the roof this year, further diminishing the impact of diaspora.

crashworld

Veteran
Rafal will be giving his first "live" performance on the Poland's "The Voice Kids" this weekend.
He will also perform alongside with Senhit on another Polish variety show (“Jaka to Melodia") where they will do their own entries (presumably separately) and "Waterloo" together.

Previews of the TV performance (Credit: @ESC_plus Twitter)
EzA7-F5WYAQo6D1

EzBDelCXMAIqtaV

EzBDeQ6XAAECd3y

More pictures over here (https://dziennik-eurowizyjny.pl/202...wie-zobacz-zdjecia-ze-studia-jaka-to-melodia/):
img_3438.jpg

Rafal also mentions there will be a new version for "The Ride".

Source: https://eurovoix.com/2021/04/15/rafal-live-the-ride/

Not sure if it's going to be a revamp or it's just going to be France/Azerbaijan 2019 where certain elements of the song will change just for the Eurovision stage (perhaps following Spain this year). Or the new version is just for the TV performances.
But if it's going to be a full blown revamp, I hope it will elevate the song even further.

The TV performance staging is AWESOME! All the neon lights. The last picture with the lights on the hands reminded me of Dotter's NF performance this year.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Here we go then...

So it's a lip-synced fest? I wonder if the Eurofans are going to have a field day slating them.

I don't mind them personally since I grew up in an era where popstars lip-sync to their songs in TV shows' performances. Would have nice to see them do 'live' vocals though.

soulm8

This should be one of the worst nonsense ever( can’t call this cat sounds a song). Hopefully it will not only stay in the Semis, but finish dead last as even the Polish diaspora will hate it.

burrito

Hopefully it will not only stay in the Semis, but finish dead last as even the Polish diaspora will hate it.

this, i saw some people commenting how it's gonna be in the final thanks to diaspora, but honestly if our diaspora is so powerful where was it in 2018 and 2019? (let alone 2011 and before) this song receives so much hate from Polish people that if the mystical diaspora didn't save us earlier, how could Rafał possibly be saved this year?

Iker

Veteran
this, i saw some people commenting how it's gonna be in the final thanks to diaspora, but honestly if our diaspora is so powerful where was it in 2018 and 2019? (let alone 2011 and before) this song receives so much hate from Polish people that if the mystical diaspora didn't save us earlier, how could Rafał possibly be saved this year?

This year though Poland can get a guilty pleasure bonus unlike in 2018, 2019, but I would not bet on it especially as there is also Denmark in our semifinal.

burrito

This year though Poland can get a guilty pleasure bonus unlike in 2018, 2019, but I would not bet on it especially as there is also Denmark in our semifinal.

But is this even a type of song that you can like that much on the first listen?

Top Bottom