16 4.0%

76 18.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Poland.png

Verjamem

Re: POLAND 2014

I think, that our return in 2014 is ruled out. Broadcaster don't care about anything and have more and more debts. Maybe Poland will come back on Eurovision, but not in this decade.

Impressive

Banned

I think, that our return in 2014 is ruled out. Broadcaster don't care about anything and have more and more debts. Maybe Poland will come back on Eurovision, but not in this decade.

Unfortunately Poland's broadcasters are so determined about Eurovision. They are so decidedly refusing Eurovision, we can't see Poland on Eurovision stage if something doesn't change there.

AdelAdel

It's not only about the broadcaster, it's about the public. As long as statistical viewers will see this contest as something not worthy attention, the broadcaster won't be doing anything. I mean TVP is doing the public a favor by not taking part in ESC xshrug

What must change is the public's opinion about the contest.

dogmeat

A broadcaster who is unable to promote the most popular music show in the world, is a fail broadcaster. It was hugely popular in 90s/00s, especially when we were sending Ich Troje. But it couldn't last forever without a little dose of good will and competency of the people in charge.
If a private station joined EBU, it would fix it in no time.

dizzydjc

I don't know the in's and out's of Poland TV's financing problems, but wasn't there reason for not coming back in 2013 more to do with how they thought ESC was a great way to promote their artists abroad, but for them it hasn't worked in recent years so they've kind of given up? They should take a leaf out of Russia's books and send somebody from their version of the Voice (Magdalena Tul again? lol)

DanielLuis

A broadcaster who is unable to promote the most popular music show in the world, is a fail broadcaster. It was hugely popular in 90s/00s, especially when we were sending Ich Troje. But it couldn't last forever without a little dose of good will and competency of the people in charge.
If a private station joined EBU, it would fix it in no time.

Exactly the same case as in Portugal, eben though in Portugal the public perception of the show is not that bad, its more RTP that just doesnt care.

Verjamem

Of course changing the broadcaster is only good way, but who want to do it ? I hope that some private TV will replace the TVP, but this is quite impossible.

NikkiBoy

I miss Poland.

Verjamem

Poland could be the strong country. We have quite good music industry and many of diasporas, so good results is not untouchable. But lazy broadcaster and bad opinion at Polish society is giant problem :(

Impressive

Banned

Poland could be the strong country. We have quite good music industry and many of diasporas, so good results is not untouchable. But lazy broadcaster and bad opinion at Polish society is giant problem :(

I don't think the problem is from Polish society or 'lazy' broadcaster. Jestem was perfect and one of best in first semi final. I can easily say that in my top 10 for sure. I also love Legenda from 2010. And both of them deserved qualify. The problem was voting, bradcasters said the same thing already, didn't they?

Verjamem

Yeah, but performances also have a very big importance. "Legenda" had a odd and incomprehensible performance, Magda wasn't very good vocally on Eurovision stage. Performances is also very big problem to our.

Impressive

Banned

Yeah, but performances also have a very big importance. "Legenda" had a odd and incomprehensible performance, Magda wasn't very good vocally on Eurovision stage. Performances is also very big problem to our.

How do you watch Eurovision? Nothing was incomprehensible with Leganda. Red apple means liaison in metaphorical and it was about desperate love. :?

Verjamem

How do you watch Eurovision? Nothing was incomprehensible with Leganda. Red apple means liaison in literally and it was about desperate love. :?
Maybe do you understand it, but other people ? Moreover, ordinary ESC audience could say "WTF, what is this ? I don't want vote to it"

DanielLuis

I thought "Jestem" and "Legenda" were average, and didn't really deserve to qualify, or if so, in 8th-10th place. I remember when I watched ESC 2010 and 2011 a brother of mine thought "Legenda" was simply weird, and that probably was because of the performance.

wyq614

Beijing, China (Hometown: Qingdao, China)

I really like the song "Jestem" and I think it's even a much better song than some 2011 finalists.
As there has been a reform for the voting system, I think it may open the door for the broadcasters that are not satisfied with the voting system used during 2011 and 2012.

Verjamem

It's not fault of bad voting system. TVP is just horrible broadcaster. Don't care that some part of Polish society who's love it/like it/respects it, and instead want to show the cheesy and awful TV series about nuns or priests or bad entertainment programs. In this situation, return of Poland is just impossible.

WhoKnows

Poland really has no excuse for not participating - for some of the reasons you said. It has neighbors, diaspora, music industry. Everything to be a successful ESC country. I think public interest would come if they started doing well. Look at Germany. They had those complains of 'lol, nobody cares about it here' etc. Then they win and suddenly, everyone cares about it.

Jestem was a step in the right direction. I'm still sad it didn't qualify, but I do think the performance was probably to blame. Also, those types of songs do better in English. Finally, wasn't there also an issue with sound for the first few entries that year in that semi?

A-lister

Veteran

People mention the Polish diaspora, but fact is that many of the Polish diaspora do not care about ESC and aren't as obsessive as some other diaspora groups.

As for "Jestem", the song itself was one of the best in 2011 and was the best Polish entry for a whole decade, but the performance didn't turn out well.

I do hope Poland comes back, but lack of public interest aswell as lack of interest and professionalism by TVP, the "Central-European" dilemma in ESC and lack of interest by good and established acts and songwriters makes it highly unlikely.

I think Poland would comeback if Lithuania or Hungary would win, and any of that is highly unlikely.

evija87

Polish diaspora? Really :lol: :p That's over statement. I think they rather don't care about ESC similiarly as most people in Poland :/ Just don't have a habit and need and desire of doing that (voting Poland no matter what we send). I think their only achievement is Riga 2003 when they robbed Sertab(!) herself out of German 12 points :mrgreen: Turkey 10 points, Poland 12 - we've beaten Turkey in televoting, take a note ;D
I don't remember any kind of similiar mobilization..
'

Top Bottom