23 7.9%

15 5.2%

13 4.5%

5 1.7%

8 2.7%

22 7.6%

• Total voters

adnar

Misi - you are not alone in thinking that Polish HoD and people who don't give a damn about ESC in TVP should be fired. I am thinking that too.

I think all what Magda did was excellent and even though she finished last (41st if we count both semis) she gave the best performance for Poland since 1994.

evija87

OMG I'm in the deep shock...It's a nightmare - I expected to see 11-14 place but last, 19 is :O
Now I'll write a words my friend told me tonight while watching the finale - "even if we sent Lady Gaga herself we won't make it to the final" ;P
Seriously, I'm running out of the ideas... who or what we have to send to be in the finale? After such results in past couple of years nobody known in Poland wants to participate in contest. It's closed circle because less known artists compete in NF and they don't have large money to promote themsevles later. I'm even more sure that we should withdraw and reconsider our ways of choosing the participant. It's not Magda's fault I just think we should change something because apparently it's not working in past couple of years. Since 2006 and "Ich Troje" only Isis made to the finale and came 24 out of 25...
I'm proud of Magda and I also think it was our best entry in years... maybe not since Edyta because I love Anna Maria Jopek "Ale jestem" ( :D ) but since Anna - yes.

Misi

We're like an unwanted child of the west and the east.
Everybody wants us to be around for the fun but when it comes to satisfying our needs, neither of parents recognises us as their child
;)

adnar

Indeed. It's like: people want us at esc cause we send something nice for esc, but do not care about voting for us...

We could send Edyta once again and she will fail to qualify this time.

mariopl

Poland being last on semi 1??!!! No way!
This just proves, the voting theory. Dont worry Magda it is not your faul at all

aletem

I'm sad this ended last! It didn't deserve this!

BOOOM

I actually thought this was top ten material :-). But I for one like the polish language, got a polish lady so that helps a bit with the understanding.

Someone else commented on here, that countries should only use their own language on ballads, they seem to do the best. Otherwise english is the best choice. GL next year

alca

I was so shocked with last place! Are they kidding?!

And you know what? Poland was out of my Eurovision map all these years. I was never interested in what you guys are going to send. But after Magda I'm looking forward to your next song! I hope you'll be here next year with another song like this! My fav polish entry!

AdelAdel

The fact that the song wasn't sung in English resulted in such position (I believe there was an English version of this song). Anyways, I agree with this position, or maybe 18th would be better since Albania was worse. Big competition in the 1st SF, a song like this just couldn't get through.

adnar

The fact that the song wasn't sung in English resulted in such position (I believe there was an English version of this song). Anyways, I agree with this position, or maybe 18th would be better since Albania was worse. Big competition in the 1st SF, a song like this just couldn't get through.

No, this definately wasn't the main issue. There are plenty of people who like national languages. I am one of these.

Btw - I would be happy if they decide once that all countries are obligued to sing in their own language. That would make the contest less commercial and better in quality, cause we wouldn't hear songs like "Popular", cause it would sound silly in Swedish. Eurovision in 1990s was something I fell in love with. Eurovision 2000-2011 is becoming not my cup of tea.

adamsamways

No, this definately wasn't the main issue. There are plenty of people who like national languages. I am one of these.

Btw - I would be happy if they decide once that all countries are obligued to sing in their own language. That would make the contest less commercial and better in quality, cause we wouldn't hear songs like "Popular", cause it would sound silly in Swedish. Eurovision in 1990s was something I fell in love with. Eurovision 2000-2011 is becoming not my cup of tea.

It sounded silly in english - at least in swedish I wouldn't have understood the cringey lyrics lol! I agree though I would love the national language rule to be bought back or at least part of the song being sung in the national language. It really was sad not hearing a variety of languages in the final!

adnar

It sounded silly in english - at least in swedish I wouldn't have understood the cringey lyrics lol! I agree though I would love the national language rule to be bought back or at least part of the song being sung in the national language. It really was sad not hearing a variety of languages in the final!

Yes...and also I think (I am not sure about it) that searching a song that sounds good in national language would level up the whole contest.

Popular would not be in Swedish cause he would not accept to sing in Swedish I guess. He is too much of a star :|

ethn

that was really really strange to c......hvnt been afan of this song,and it wasnt a shock for me when it didnt qualify to the final BUT seeing it ending up last in semi 1 was REALLY unbelievable!!and shocking !!FOR SURE it s not the language issue!!i love it when countries try in the language,so dont think this is what destroyed the entry...could it be the sound issue u r talking abt??dont know...in greece wee didnt notice any problem as u describe it,i read spain had trouble rcvng the sound,dont know how many more countries faced the same...could be the reason for such low rating if half the countries didnt hear anything...if this not the case,then dont know what might hv happened ..

adnar

They finished last.. okay, but why did they choose the #1 place ??

She chose it because she won the final strarting as 1st one. Also - Bosnia started 1st in 2nd semi and went to the final, so I don't think we would finish in any other place if we chose different starting number. Unless they were some voting and sound problems...

alca

That! xheart

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I really don't get the uproar about the last place. We watched the Semi with 5 people and everybody in the room disliked the song. It was repetitive, plain and the vocals were not that impressive either. It's not fair to play the whole "nobody wants to vote for Poland" pity card when the song quality over the past few years have been rather low (referring to the polish entries). The best thing is to focus on 2012 and to pick the best possible song!

PeterLPZ

This song was my 2nd favorite after the Bosnian song. Unfortunately I couldn´t vote in the 1st semifinal. I´m sure, that Poland would have get points from Germany, if Germany were alloud to vote in the 1st SF.
This song is a good one and I liked it, that Magdalena sang the song in Polish language - it sounds really wonderful allthough I don´t understand any word.
I hope, Poland won´t withdraw and will find a new good song.
Btw, one of my favorites ever is the song "Keine Grenzen" von Ich Troje.

Misi

I hoped there would be an "uproar" with TVP but nobody is complaining about them, just about Magda :(

Top Bottom