23 7.9%

15 5.2%

13 4.5%

5 1.7%

8 2.7%

22 7.6%

• Total voters

kotten

Poland was one of the countries I thought I'd vote for, because I really liked the song, but the performance on Tuesday was horrible, and there was just no way I could vote for that... :(

Yes you are right.. I would probably have voted anyway if I was allowed, but she did under perform, the camera work was also not in favor.

adnar

Yes you are right.. I would probably have voted anyway if I was allowed, but she did under perform, the camera work was also not in favor.

According to Armenian media 5 countries filled an appeal to EBU because of bad sound and possible blocking of lines 01-05 in some countries after 25 minutes of the show. According to Magdalena Tul's twitter and one of her profiles on Facebook - Poland is among them. We'll see how it finishes...

Magda herself told she was in nerves because she couldn't her some things (like counting to performance start) at the beginning of her performance. She is quite dissapointed, and she hopes she would pay the credit she was given by the people who cheered for her.

adnar

mąka;540747 said:
'Marzenia ściętej głowy'
Pipe dreams!

Well...I know it won't make Magda go to the final, but I hope someone will finally say which errors have occured. I want it to be clear.

Raul_Spain

This is fuss about nothing. This is like football, what's done is done, you're out, best luck next time.

Sarang

I do agree, but from an artist's perspective it must be very unsatisfying to go out in a situation where technical issues completely unrelated to them may have caused them to be unsuccessful.

escandesc

I couldn't get her voice well while performing. this happened to some countries both on Tuesday and Thursday. What is Germany doing? :?

A-lister

Veteran
I couldn't get her voice well while performing. this happened to some countries both on Tuesday and Thursday. What is Germany doing? :?

I agree, but EBU won't do anything.

But offcourse if the sound isn't working correctly, then it will mess with the entry's chances for sure. EBU should fix this somehow, but they won't and we know it.

evija87

I think that simple "we're sorry" is not good enough in this case. Magda invested a lot of time and money to give her best during the contest (of course, so did others: Aurela, Emmy, Stella and Yuksek Sadakat) but it was not her or rest of the first five fault that technical problems occured. She's the victim in this and I don't think she cares was it fault of broadcasters or those who organised the contest. Her job due to this problems was wasted and what's more, if the news about problems with voting will be confirmed this will give the whole picture of why Poland failed this year. I think TVP should let Magda try in 2012 and instead of making a competition like every year, let's make something like "Song for Magda" and ask the best composers to write for her and we would choose between for ex. 5 or 3 songs performed by Magda during National Final and we would pick the best in our opinion. I think Magda deserves second chance. She had some problems at the very beginning of the performance but she handled it and quickly improved. It wasn't bad. Of course if you recieved this horrible quality of sound then yes, but with normal sound it was good. Seriously, there've been worse performances to cross Magda out at the very beginning. She can sing very well.

adnar

I agree, but EBU won't do anything.

But offcourse if the sound isn't working correctly, then it will mess with the entry's chances for sure. EBU should fix this somehow, but they won't and we know it.

A-lister - if there were any problems, it will go out someday :) Polish TV already investigates in cooperation with ogae ;)

Cjs45

The song was quite good. However from the first second it was just over. The draw, the sound, her backings, her mic weren't very good. Her voice was okay though, she hit the long notes well. But the whole package was just boring and messy. I understand there has been a lot of (bad) reaction in Poland about the result. Here's hoping that Poland carry on for next year, it would be a shame if a great ESC country left the contest.

adnar

The song was quite good. However from the first second it was just over. The draw, the sound, her backings, her mic weren't very good. Her voice was okay though, she hit the long notes well. But the whole package was just boring and messy. I understand there has been a lot of (bad) reaction in Poland about the result. Here's hoping that Poland carry on for next year, it would be a shame if a great ESC country left the contest.

Actually since all the situations were revealed (sound problems, possible voting problems etc.) in Poland we have plenty of comments blaming EBU for what happened. Of course many people blame Magda as well, but what happened was not her fault. She did her best and I think she was the best Polish representative for many years.

I think we will start next year too. Fans even have ideas to make an internal selection for Magda. The question is - if such offer appears, will Magda be ok with it. She is dissapointed with everything that happened.

Rusch

Oh, Poland, don`t give up. I`m sure next year you will qualify. I was sure about this time, but you were unlucky (starting with to be the first to perform). It is really a pitty, that this strong song failed. But next year, next year you will qualify for sure. I liked all the most recent entries and I`m looking forward for the future entries.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Why is everyone fussing about the first 5 songs? I noticed nothing out of the ordinary with the sound or anything like that, she just sung an average song in a poor fashion, hence why she didn't qualify. Stop making conspiracy theories like the whole of Europe owes you something you didn't deserve. You'll get there one day with a good, memorable song!

Sahistul

It's a shock for me Poland went last in SF 1. I couldn't possibly imagine that...

adamsamways

Wow. So it seems all my favourites did awful this year. So sorry to see you came last Poland :( Jestem will always be one of my favourites from this awful year!

Misi

We should withdraw for a year or two so that people actually notice we are there when we come back ;)

adnar

We should withdraw for a year or two so that people actually notice we are there when we come back ;)

If we withdraw - we won't come back until there is real interest in ESC both from TVP and people. This year there was a lot of interest from Polish people, but TVP won't pay for Polish representative to Baku.

Misi

If we can't choose a good song, we shouldn't enter then.
This year we went with what we thought Europe wanted us to go with (remember the massive complaining about the song not being in Polish).
Magdalena did everything the fans wanted but in the end nobody supported her.

I only feel sorry for her.

And that "Song of Magdalena" will not work.
Any creativity within TVP will be immedialy put out.
Plus, I would fire those responsible for our recent entries (with our HoD in the first place).

Top Bottom