Contact us

Openings & Interval Acts 2014

GermanBango

I think they need their own thread - a place to discuss them :)
here are the videos:

Semi 1:

Opening:

Interval Act:

Semi 2:

Opening:

Interval Act:

Final:

Opening:

Interval Act:

12Points

All of the opening videos after the Eurovision logo are really cheesy seriously :?

All of the intervals are great tho, especially Rainmaker xheya

LalehForWD

Sorry to say this, but part from Emmelie's two performances, many interval acts was crap IMO. The book of records was a great idea, the individual episodes not so much. The host singing episode was embarrassing. Why didn't DR use the time to promote Danish music? For example an electropop act by Electric Lady Lab - Hurts with dancers etc.

ell_2.jpg

eidt : or MØ xlove

Kairit

I reallyreallyreallyreally loved Emmelie de Forest and Rainmaker. xlove The song, the water, Emmelie, her dress, the contestants joining on stage. Amazing, sends chills down my spine. Best final interval act since Madcon in 2010 imo. :D

Salmon

I knew [MENTION=10594]LalehForWD[/MENTION] would use this thread for scandipop promotion :lol:

My totally relevant comments:

Semi 1 opening: Seriously, it's such a bad idea to use last year's winning performance in the first semi, so the final only gets a shortened version. Nice idea with the choir, although I feel the Eastern European countries were under-represented.

Semi 1 interval: Seriously, WTF?! :lol: Was it just too deep for me or why was the whole thing utterly incomprehensible? The commentator said it was some modern adaption of HC Andersen's tales, but no reference to them was visible at all. And boy, that glitter outfit almost made my eyes bleed.

Semi 2 opening: Same as above, though the lack of children only made it half as annoying as the semi 1 interval act.

Semi 2 interval: Things get better from here. Finally we saw Australia in an ESC show, and the fact that an aborigine woman (Jessica Mauboy xlove) sang prevented any controversy by social justice warriors. Overall, a cute idea and nicely executed.

Final opening: Letting all the contestants enter the stage at the beginning, accompanied by their countries' flags, was an incredibly brilliant idea, which I hope to see more often in ESC.

Final interval: Emmelie is a goddess xbow Gorgeous songs, a gorgeous dress and a flawlessly executed performance of Rainmaker! It was so weird however to hear Only Teardrops shortened to some 100 seconds. The Ode to Joy and the ladders were just a little over the top, though :lol:

The short films (A normal day in Copenhagen, ESC book of records, the 12 point song etc.) were awesome as well xbow

12Points

Any info about the ladders interval act? looks kinda random to me :?

I dislike the Eurovision History museum video and the 12 points song, the former if it's real it's okay, but it's fictional, and the latter just meh :?, but the rest of the videos, great :D

Top Bottom