Contact us

NSCcon 2024

Lenalite

I was thinking it'd be cute to have an NSC convention in 2023 to celebrate the ever-lasting impact of our iconic contest and connect even stronger as a community, presumably when the pandemilovato is over and everyone is free to travel.

Would anyone actually be interested? If so, please suggest locations/venues that could work for such an event, and state whether you'd be interested in coming/how far you'd be willing to come.

xx

berlyda

NSC Mod
Staff member
I'm based in the UK right now, but my current position at my job will end in 2023 and after that I could be anywhere in the world (I'm trying to stay in Europe, but I might end up back in the US or even South Korea or Australia). So I can't really say whether I would be able to attend this, or even what location would work best for me. But I am definitely interested.

esc87fan

I'm in Canada, so it's too expensive for me to fly to Europe

Veliky

I've been thinking of this too for quite a long time. I think it would be nice to travel somewhere in Central Europe, rent an Air B&B, a summer house, or some rooms in a cheap but cozy hotel, and party there for a few days. We could organize simple activities, walk in the streets, and gather somewhere in the night to eat and have fun. Nothing fancy or expensive, just food, drinks, music, and a comfortable place to crash for a night or two.

I would gladly help with anything on the spot. Being overseas, it could be a bit hard for me to contact venues. But once there, I could arrange anything from grocery lists to car rentals or anything to ensure the security of everyone.

Money is not an issue for me, so I don't mind taking a bit more of a chunk for those who are short.

I think the best way to organize this is to put 2 or 3 people at the top of a committee, and discuss the ways we could guarantee the organization of such an event without losing too much time and money. Because we all know that everyone's really eager to join a gathering at the beginning, but as time flies, less and less people do commit. Choking is a national sport. So we have to take that in consideration. It would be very disappointing to organize something for 25 people who are interested, only to have 5 attendees at the end. Early deposits could be the way to go.

Anyway. Yeah, I'm in! xcheer

Kimrt

It would’ve been fun but maybe I’m too lazy to travel on my own for this ;;

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I'm tempted, that's all I can say right now. After not really being able to travel anywhere for a few years, I'm tempted to say I could probably travel anywhere in the world to meet up. I keep hearing on the news that airline companies are pretty much throwing tickets around for almost nothing now. But, I'm not gonna pretend real life isn't going to interfere. I have a car that is due for a "periodic vehicle control", which we need to do every second year for the car to be allowed on the Norwegian roads. My car is 18 years old now, and there will be a point when it'll be too expensive to keep it approved, and I will need to buy a new car. When that happens, it's going to take a lot of my saved money. Fingers crossed that this isn't the year for that tho, but I'll know more in about a week. But it'd be great to go clubbing with some of the people here that enjoy the same music as me. :D

nofuxCZ

I'd be definitely interested, don't really have preferred location as long as it's in Europe (although a place with pleasant weather would be nice :p). Everything will depend on my work schedule though, there are periods at my work when I am not able to take vacations.

dogmeat

Earlier this year I was thinking about suggesting something this year, but got preoccupied with other things.
@Lenalite I was thinking of somewhere in the Balkans too. This accommodation seems way above my budget, though. I imagine something more like an affordable hostel in a pretty, but not too crowded, place near the sea. I suggest Albania. There's beautiful beaches, nature, mountains, it's an underrated destination, and you can find accommodation for less than 30EUR per night.

Top Bottom