Contact us

NSC Spinoffs: Information | Spinoff#177 | VOTE!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
eyCciy6.png

CURRENT SPINOFF (#177)
TBA

COMPETING THEMES (177)

1. All Around The World: a real-world country is chosen by the host. All artists competing in this event must be from the chosen country. In the case of groups, the majority of people in the group must be from the country. The song can be in any language.

2. AATW type of Spinoff but with NSC nations

3. AI Cover Spinoff

4. Covers & Remixes 5
: everyone has to send cover or remixed version of a song previously entered in the main contest, including the original versions of songs whose covers or remixes were entered in NSC.

5. Major/Minor: songs changed from major into minor key (and vice versa)

6. NSC ESC Classic: any entry from any year allowed

7. NSC NF

8. Oldies
: tba, the host can decide the timeframe

HISTORY OF SPINOFFS SO FAR
PART 1
PART 2

SPINOFF CONTESTS WIKI
CLICK

Last edited:

esc87fan

A little note about recordings: uploading to SoundCloud is very sketchy - the recording of "Arcade" I made for the 2018-2019 special got yanked due to copyright

theditz83

Veteran
A little note about recordings: uploading to SoundCloud is very sketchy - the recording of "Arcade" I made for the 2018-2019 special got yanked due to copyright
Vimeo is probably the best option - you can simply combine it with a pic to make a simple video file unless you wanted to do anything more elaborate, but the audio recording is obviously the main thing. I certainly haven't had any such issues on that site with all of the recaps that I've published. ;)

As a side note, the design for the show has been completed, so it should hopefully be a quick turnaround whenever we decide when the spin-off is taking place. Don't worry about having to claim a specific country/year in advance either as we'll continue with the trend of previous karaoke editions in that more than one version of the same song can be entered xup

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
The results are clear, so I guess we'll manage to hold one more spin-off before the actual ESC.

The number of suggestions is enough (though you're free to suggest still, if you wish to), I'll make a poll tonight.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Suggestion 01 | ESC National Finals (Classical/ Year OR Country randomizer)

Suggestion 02 | /Recklessly stealing this from WV Spinoffs Subforum :lol:/

Chain reaction spin off
There will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.

Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc

dogmeat

Copycats - Same as before, but without the whole creating fake accounts thing that people were unsure about. Everyone is randomly assigned another nation. They choose a song and vote as if they were that nation.

Genres - The host picks a music genre.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is opened!
Please vote for the next theme!

Alliteration Attack: song and artist both must begin with a predetermined letter of the alphabet
Birth Year Bash: send an artist who is born the same year as you are.
Chain reaction spin off: there will be two stages. First stage people will say if they're in. Second stage there will be a draw. The first person will choose a song and send the title of the song to person #2 and the second person will submit a song that has in the title at least one same word with the song of the first person (in any language, and words like and, in, on, is etc are excluded), then the second person will send his song to the person #3 and goes forth.
Example:
Person #1: Another one bites the dust
Person #2: Dust in the wind
Person #3: Wind of change
Etc
Commercials/Advertisement Spinoff
Copycats:
everyone is randomly assigned another nation. They choose a song and vote as if they were that nation.
Genres 3: the host picks a genre. All entries must be of that genre (the previous two were folk and industrial).
Eurovision National Finals (Classical/Year or Country randomizer)
Language 4 Spinoff: all the participants may only enter songs which are not in English language
NSC Religious and Spiritual Songs Spinoff: enter songs that explore religious and/or spiritual themes and concepts.
NSC Tribute: enter a song that is a tribute to the types of song that another NSC/WLSC nation is/was known for. Bonus guessing game round adding additional points to your final score if you correctly guess which nation each user is paying tribute to. Can be current or past NSC nations, but the name of the nation that you are paying tribute to will not be revealed until after the contest (using a non-competing user as the confirmation source, who will withhold the name of the attributed nation from the host until after the voting DDL).
NSC Watch Your Mouth: song titles must have an expletive in it in any language. No racial slurs.
NSC World Tour: send a song with the name of a city, country, region or famous landmark from around the world in the title (or as a central theme in the lyrics). Once a place is claimed, no other cities, regions or landmarks in the same country can be used.
Release Month-Year Randomizer: based on whichever came first album or single containing the song
Sports Spinoff: Songs about various sports, theme songs of sports events, etc.

Vote until April 25th!

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
I'm extending the voting for one more day! New deadline is tomorrow, 26/04, 22:50 cest, you still have a chance to vote in the poll! :)

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
Poll is closed! Our winning theme is NSC World Tour !

Results:

Who would like to host? @theditz83 (author of the theme) maybe?

theditz83

Veteran
Poll is closed! Our winning theme is NSC World Tour !

Results:

Who would like to host? @theditz83 (author of the theme) maybe?
Oh wow, I didn't expect this suggestion to win!

Since I'll be hosting the upcoming ESC Karaoke spin-off, I'll have to step aside from full hosting duties on this one sadly - but if whoever does take it on needs any assistance with vote collection or anything else, I'm happy to be an assistant xlove

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not for sake of vanity or anything but would be really nice to have ESC National Finals Spinoff (some specific format would do) parallelly with ESC week xcheer

dogmeat

An idea that was mentioned in a LL recently. Make a Wish - everyone wishes for a song. Examples: "I want dubstep with bagpipes", "I want an Asian 70s song". Then others try to fulfill that wish.

And, as always, Copycats and Genres

Top Bottom