Contact us

NSC 189 - Semi-reactive metals (DL: 27th January 23:59 Argie time)

Lonter

8zbVZYS.png

Welcome everyone to one of the semifinals of NSC 189, where we will take our time and concentrate on studying the two biggest groups in the NSC Table of Elements, the semi-transition alkali and the semi-reactive metals!

We will take the time to study the group of noble PQers at a later date, in what we could call a finale for our studies of SCIENCE.

j6v75at.png

Here we will concentrate our studies on the second of the two big groups, the semi-reactive metals, going from the curious Svobodnium all the way to the heaviest reactive element in Halitum, and pictured in the table below in light green.

73TQPxw.png

Each element has a song associated to their study and curiously enough, also a NSC nation in what must be a completely wild, random coincidence. These nations owners with an element belonging to the semi-reactive metals group or the second set of three members of the Noble PQ group (Fervoron, Kordavion and Lacreon) must send their top 10 votes to your instructor, Dr. Lonter via either private message or through another convenient medium like Discord or Skype that you have available.
If you want to ReJu vote, please feel free to also send your votes to me in a similar manner.

i8m5217.png

Now it's time to concentrate on the songs of the semi-reactive metals, which are as follows:

Plus the three members of the Noble PQers that have to vote here:

We have further ways of studying this group, like this handy text show in the spoiler below:

Or perhaps your studying could be better with this handy playlist?

Maybe even a little reminder of how the songs went, just in case?

Just a little reminder, remember to send me the top 10 of your studies to me, no matter if you are a member of this semi or if you are studying this semi as an elective.
You will have until the end of the 27th of January (Argentinian time, so four hours more than usual for the CET fans) to send the results of your studies in the form of votes. We will then discover which NSC elements are worthy of being studied in our final lesson.

Last edited:

Lonter

@marc , hey.

For some reason the vimeo link we were using seems to be no longer working for me (unless I had copied it wrong to my excel?). I replaced it for now with a youtube link with the same song, are you ok with this or do you want to replace it with another video of your choosing?

Lonter

Also, special thanks to @Karhu for his incredibly patience and help with the creation of more or less all of the graphics and the concept. I really couldn't have done this without you, no matter how much you gave two elements the same symbol originally. Thanks xheart

theditz83

Veteran
This is giving me all sorts of war flashbacks and PTSD from when I tried and failed to pass chemistry in school. :lol: xfacepalm

Yep, I sucked at chemistry too. Biology was the only science that ever clicked for me!

::moi has submitted our Top 10 metals to the teaching staff for review - apologies to the additional 3 elements that didn't quite make the grade xrose

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Yep, I sucked at chemistry too. Biology was the only science that ever clicked for me!

::moi has submitted our Top 10 metals to the teaching staff for review - apologies to the additional 3 elements that didn't quite make the grade xrose
I was hopeless at chemistry and physics. I dreaded going to those classes, physics especially, because sitting there for a few hours every week just feeling stupid and confused all the time was no fun. The same whenever we did algebra in math class. :lol: That is the one good thing about growing older, that you never have to sit through such classes again.

theditz83

Veteran
I was hopeless at chemistry and physics. I dreaded going to those classes, physics especially, because sitting there for a few hours every week just feeling stupid and confused all the time was no fun. The same whenever we did algebra in math class. :lol: That is the one good thing about growing older, that you never have to sit through such classes again.

Omg I was totally the same, including algebra in maths. My brain would just be screaming "how can you add letters??? Like a+b = ab!!!" :lol:

Thank goodness we're past those times now for our sanity ;)

marc

@marc , hey.

For some reason the vimeo link we were using seems to be no longer working for me (unless I had copied it wrong to my excel?). I replaced it for now with a youtube link with the same song, are you ok with this or do you want to replace it with another video of your choosing?

Hey, its ok

marc

@marc , hey.

Hey i found another Vimeo Link

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
@marc , hey.

The music video is also on YouTube and shouldn't be geoblocked anywhere:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Gosh, I felt the same with physics (and other types of maths as well, algebra was the only decent one for me for some reason). Everyone loving physics in my highschool class and there was me, living in a parallel universe lol. I couldn't understand those theories for the life of me. And I had three hours of physics per week. I'm still annoyed I couldn't get into physics since I like astronomy ;;

Chemistry though, it started quite nice for me until we reached organic chemistry and that was too much to keep up and I was like "I'm out byeeee".

just.............. how
but sis biology is the best out of the three 🥺

Lonter

Perfect, replaced the link of the banner (and in the text show, which I had previously forgotten to change) to the new one. Thank you!

The music video is also on YouTube and shouldn't be geoblocked anywhere:

Oh that's great, using this one for the youtube playlist! Thank you!

just.............. how

Best science tbh.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Pfft, all of your hatred for the sciences. 😔 I got some of my best grades in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Top Bottom