5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

eurovizian

First prediction of ESC 2023: now that Fairytale lost the televote record, Rybak will try MGP again
Would be useless. No more 12 points from Belarus and Russian juries and people, and he's getting too old for the teens.

aef

aef

SAYAY

First prediction of ESC 2023: now that Fairytale lost the televote record, Rybak will try MGP again
I would honestly not even be that surprised if he do show up in MGP 2023 :lol:

However - I think Northkid was interested in trying out again actually

Navn Navnes

I think it is time to send something in Norwegian or Sámi, but then NRK have to give is some decent options ulike this year

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
norway really needs to change mgp. it's a format that makes zero sense for modern day eurovision. and yes you can say they've been successful but their 2013-2015 era (of sending serious, well-made songs) was more successful than their 2018-2022 era (sending very cliche eurovision songs). it's basically what happens when you eliminate the juries from the nf.

Navn Navnes

norway really needs to change mgp. it's a format that makes zero sense for modern day eurovision. and yes you can say they've been successful but their 2013-2015 era (of sending serious, well-made songs) was more successful than their 2018-2022 era (sending very cliche eurovision songs). it's basically what happens when you eliminate the juries from the nf.
Juries are not popular in Norway. Many people complain about them in Eurovision. It is because many were upset when juries stopped Keino from winning Eurovision in 2019. Many people also want normal people to decide, and not Music-elites. Juries is seen as less fair. Won’t happen unless we get many bad results in a row. This year the main problem was a lack of good songs and not a lack of juries. Last year the main problem was that Tix for some reason i don’t understand have a lot of fans. Therese were also juries in 2018 and 2019. And in 2014 and 2015 there were also no juries.

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Juries are not popular in Norway. Many people complain about them in Eurovision. It is because many were upset when juries stopped Keino from winning Eurovision in 2019. Many people also want normal people to decide, and not Music-elites. Juries is seen as less fair. Won’t happen unless we get many bad results in a row. This year the main problem was a lack of good songs and not a lack of juries. Last year the main problem was that Tix for some reason i don’t understand have a lot of fans. Therese were also juries in 2018 and 2019. And in 2014 and 2015 there were also no juries.

well, juries could've prevented tix and subwoolfer from winning. i mean, the broadcaster shouldn't really care what people think about the juries, i'm sure most of the audiences across europe hate the juries (it's the same in slovenia), but juries aren't there to be loved but to be realistic and award those that deserve it.

didn't know that 2014 and 2015 didn't have juries. but it's also true that the format of mgp was quite different and the amount of jokey entries wasn't so prevalent.

PolarFoxxie.

I have such low hopes and expectations for Norway 23. I don't know why. Maybe they surprise me.

shameless

Yeah I am also sorta unexcited about Norway which is strange because they were really successful the last years even when they didn't get their victory in the 10s as they did the three decades before (they won a semi and a tellyvote though).
I think its based on this very tiresome semi format where we get to hear only five songs and one of them three times for more than a month. The problem is also that a) why do we have to listend to so many songs that were apparently not good enough to qualify to the final directly and b) why are so many auto-finalists even worse? It just makes most of the selection a 2nd-chance-programme and cheapens the appearance of every act.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Yeah I am also sorta unexcited about Norway which is strange because they were really successful the last years even when they didn't get their victory in the 10s as they did the three decades before (they won a semi and a tellyvote though).
I think its based on this very tiresome semi format where we get to hear only five songs and one of them three times for more than a month. The problem is also that a) why do we have to listend to so many songs that were apparently not good enough to qualify to the final directly and b) why are so many auto-finalists even worse? It just makes most of the selection a 2nd-chance-programme and cheapens the appearance of every act.

the selection format of mgp is one the worst nf format ever.

far too many bad/mid/joke songs and then like 3 good songs out of like 25, why even...

Navn Navnes

Auto qualifiers needs to be removed. They are there to get more known singers to participate, bit the songs are not better than the rest for the most part.

SAYAY

TIX said in an interview he has not ruled out a comeback to MGP.

And 2 friends of mine have submitted an entry xcheer

Top Bottom