5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

simori95

Didn’t watch, but I am sad to lose Sandra and positively surprised to keep Swing‘it. How Elsie is so popular is a mystery to me but oh well, I wanted Geronimo to qualify so I shouldn’t ever be granted my wishes again anyway.

hunty73

Didn’t watch, but I am sad to lose Sandra and positively surprised to keep Swing‘it. How Elsie is so popular is a mystery to me but oh well, I wanted Geronimo to qualify so I shouldn’t ever be granted my wishes again anyway.
Agree,Elsie's song is horrible,would be a terrible ESC entry.Sandra was far superior.Likely the producers are giving Ulrikke an easier run in the final .Her song sounds and is a bit disjointed in MGP,but its designed for the lighting and staging etc at ESC.Producers often get an ESC song then think,ok how do we get it through the selection and need to manipulate,likely MGP this year is one of those.

• Scream
Reactions: Rob

ArmpitOfEurope

I want anything but Ulrikke, her offering is so cheesy and cliche without being as punchy as Attention. Its like a cruise ship act, Id take Elsie's funeral over it
But hopefully someone serves something fresher in heat 3.

HarryUK

I want anything but Ulrikke, her offering is so cheesy and cliche without being as punchy as Attention. Its like a cruise ship act, Id take Elsie's funeral over it
But hopefully someone serves something fresher in heat 3.
Should I avoid cruise ships if Ulrikke made me cry the first time I heard her song whoops

Navn Navnes

Semi final 2 ranking
1 Prohibition :8:+ (Best one so far)
2 Love you in a dream :8:
3 Drøm d bort :7:
4 Waist :4:
5 Turn of my heart :2:
6 Fuego :1:
7 Ekko inn i meg -:1: (Norwegian party genre, which i hate the sound of, and then also drag norwegian stevinto it to e even more insulting. Why?????)

DanielLuis

I mean Elsie Bay's song definitely feels a bit more authentic than Ulrikke's. Ulrikke is just a bunch of cliches thrown together, it's not that it's bad, it's just so seen it before 1000x times.
"Love you in a dream" is kinda disappointing and a bit of a letdown compared to "Death of Us" though. Maybe I need to listen to the studio version to feel it, but I don't know.
Hopefully someone in the 3rd semi-final will surprise. Akuvi, Eline Thorpe, Tiril and Maria Celin seem to have some potential, but it doesn't feel like any of them will be a winner.
I think it's gonna be between Ulrikke, Elsie Bay and Alessandra in the end. And I think Alessandra will take the win, if the performances stay in the final as they are. I'm happy with any of them, as long as Umami Tsunami don't come out of nowhere to steal the win, the Norwegians do love to surprise us some times.

Neo

Underwhelming. All songs were much better before I saw them live. Not surprised to see the American barber band through as this is Norway (at heart an american state from the 50's)

My favorite Jone didn't bomb live as I feared as he had the voice to back it up, but needs to polish up some weird long notes, and also the bridge needs re-writing imho. (from a long dragged out thing, to a chopped up interesting something)

mauve

Veteran
Now that Sandra is out I am hoping for Alessandra to take the whole thing. But I am also looking forward to hearing "Freya" tomorrow. Hoping that the song is as good as the teaser!

Ajeje Brazorf

Now that Sandra is out I am hoping for Alessandra to take the whole thing. But I am also looking forward to hearing "Freya" tomorrow. Hoping that the song is as good as the teaser!

I have the same top 2, so I agree... But I think Ulrikke will win in the end. I love her, but not her song, unfortunately. I mean, it's good but nothing memorable and other countries have stronger ballads to send. Honestly is quite basic, in my opinion. I have high expectations for Freya, we'll see...

Luneaux

I'm sorry for Sandra, I really liked her song! :( But otherwise I'm quite satisfied with results. Ekko inni meg grew on me live, Jone can sing! I skipped Prohibition on studio but hey, this is jazz and different to rest! Nice. Elsie was lovely on live too, no surprise she qualified! :giggle:

HarryUK

I like what Swing'it bring but the lyrics are a bit cringe on the whole... politicians keeping us down, fight for what is right. Girl please. I'm bored of generic messages by this point.

CPV4931

I found yesterday´s Semi quite strong, excited about Jone and Swing it coming through, but I also would have loved to see Ella A and Sandra Lying in the final.... why can´t every country have such a strong selection?

MopManMoss

Veteran
I like what Swing'it bring but the lyrics are a bit cringe on the whole... politicians keeping us down, fight for what is right. Girl please. I'm bored of generic messages by this point.
How is it a generic message? They are a swing band which origininated in 1920s America during the prohibition of alcohol that’s literally what the song is about how is that in anyway generic

Top Bottom