5 2.3%

25 11.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

CPV4931

Really in love with "Queen of Kings" here, one of my favorites of all NF entries out so far :-)

ayzelto

Honestly is good, but there are better entries in this selection imo. I can’t avoid feeling a bit disappointed as Attention was so good that I was expecting something better from her. I am sure she will nail it in the live performance anyway

lasse braun

at the german esc-kompakt board poll ulrikke leading momently with around 25 votes ahead of "queen of kinks".
that is no real surprise,because that poor girl thing (2020 canceled) but i have heard in 2020 only a smart rip off of arcade. 🏴‍☠️

my ratings for semi 1 based on the studio versions. xqueenbitch

Ulrikke – Honestly :2:
Alessandra – Queen of Kings :3:
Umami Tsunami – Geronimo :0:
Rasmus Thall – Tresko :5:
Kate Gulbrandsen – Tårer I Paradis :2:
Eirik Næss – Wave :2:
JOWST & Byron Williams Jr – Freaky for the Weekend :1:

Last edited:

hijirio

Veteran
haven't heard the others in full but alessandra what a winner
omg sis ella on your pp xheart xheart xheart absolutely the main standout from the snippets!!!!!!

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
Well, I'm slightly disappointed by the full tracks of this semi. Ulrikke seems like the only safe qualifier, Kate the only safe NQ, but nothing groundbreaking here.
  • Ulrikke. Something's missing in "Honestly"'s structure that makes it less cohesive than "Attention". But I think it'll definitely sound better in a live version. Solid possibility for winning the whole MGP.
  • Kate is cute, but her song is kinda inoffensive. Does MGP get inspired by Melodifestivalen on inviting some "seniors" only to be fillers in heats and semi-finals? Weird (and a bit sad)
  • JOWST... No. Just cringe. As the Geronimo thing.
  • Alessandra Mele's full version is kinda disappointing IMO. It's "Run to the Hills" on steroids, but no one seems to have really cared about the end of the song. It makes the whole thing sounding really repetitive in the end - and that's a shame!
So, Ulrikke qualifying: (nearly for sure) done. Eirik Næss has a solid fanbase and a good (yet inoffensive) song, I think he'll go through. Third ticket between Alessandra (I hope) and JOWST (I hope not).

• Like It
Reactions: MS.

hunty73

We’re going to do so well in Liverpool if «Honestly» has the production value it deserves. Go Ulrikke! xcheer
Hugely talented artist who brings a cracking song.She will deliver this with emotion and power.Listen to the delicate bridge and then the build up and up to 2.28 where you get the world class vocals explode and the winners curtain at ESC.Live she will hold the Forever lyric at the end while they bath her in light.Juries would wet themselves over it in May.The song is designed for the ESC stage,lots of little sweeps and change of pace for close in camera then crowd sweeps and long shots.Its designed to top 4 at ESC.The interesting thing is it might not be as good on the smaller stage at MGP.There are a few moments where its slightly disjointed,more where she changes language,but staging can mask those.The last 10 seconds dont really work,it drops when it shouldnt and needs slight changes there.Fingers crossed the cream rises to the top.

DirtyFalcon

Hugely talented artist who brings a cracking song.She will deliver this with emotion and power.Listen to the delicate bridge and then the build up and up to 2.28 where you get the world class vocals explode and the winners curtain at ESC.Live she will hold the Forever lyric at the end while they bath her in light.Juries would wet themselves over it in May.The song is designed for the ESC stage,lots of little sweeps and change of pace for close in camera then crowd sweeps and long shots.Its designed to top 4 at ESC.The interesting thing is it might not be as good on the smaller stage at MGP.There are a few moments where its slightly disjointed,more where she changes language,but staging can mask those.The last 10 seconds dont really work,it drops when it shouldnt and needs slight changes there.Fingers crossed the cream rises to the top.

I disagree on the Top 4 at ESC. I think it's a safe Top 10 but i'm not sure for The Top 4/5. Songs like Undo, Sound of Silence, Voilà, Tout l'Univers or Hold Me Closer, songs i consider better than Honestly didn't managed to win so i'm not sure this will do better.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
Grado-Headphone-Mozart-in-the-Jungle-Malcolm-McDowell-Amazon-2.gif

Tresko performed by Rasmus Thall

Tårer i paradis performed by Kate Gulbrandsen
Wave performed by Eirik Næss
Queen of Kings performed by Alessandra Mele

Honestly performed by Ulrikke
Geronimo performed by Umami Tsunami feat. Kyle Alessandro, Kristian Haugstøyl & Magnus Winjum
Freaky For The Weekend performed by JOWST & Byron Williams Jr.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I don't listen to k-pop but it sounds just like what k-pop is in my imagination
Something the Geronimo songwriters said to each other somehow gets leaked on a Eurovision message board.

"Loco Loco" is the closest ESC has ever been to k-pop (which makes sense, as turbo folk and k-pop are related genres, separated only by region and language)

Last edited:

harey

@BorisBubbles thank you, interesting! I know only a few j-pop and k-pop songs, I admit that I should try to know more about Asian music in general.

Navn Navnes

Semi 1 studio versions ranked
1 Queen of Kings :7:+
2 Wave :5:
3 Honestly :5:
4 Tresko :5:
5 Tårer i Paradis :5:-
6 Freaky for the weekend :4:
7 Geronimo :3:

mauve

Veteran
at the german esc-kompakt board poll ulrikke leading momently with around 25 votes ahead of "queen of kinks".
that is no real surprise,because that poor girl thing (2020 canceled) but i have heard in 2020 only a smart rip off of arcade. 🏴‍☠️

my ratings for semi 1 based on the studio versions. xqueenbitch

Ulrikke – Honestly :2:
Alessandra – Queen of Kings :3:
Umami Tsunami – Geronimo :0:
Rasmus Thall – Tresko :5:
Kate Gulbrandsen – Tårer I Paradis :2:
Eirik Næss – Wave :2:
JOWST & Byron Williams Jr – Freaky for the Weekend :1:
You remind me of Realest ... but without the commas. :ROFLMAO:

Mainshow

Veteran
I absolutely hate Ulrikke´s voice.
"Attention" was already horrible but parts of "Honestly" are just abysmal.. and I hate that "gospel-ish" clap-along part which is totally cheesy.. and her trying to "belt" is just ridiculous. .. what a mess....seriously, :no: please don´t let her win!

Mainshow

Veteran
WTF is "Queen Of Kings"? - I really liked the first verse and thought it was quite a memorable and catchy pop song - quite radio-friendly and a bit "dated" (like Ava Max´s releases.. which are highly popular and successful anyway) but when the chorus kicked in... WHAT a brilliant twist! - It´s cheesy and slightly trashy but it got a lot of guilty pleasure potential.. She´s basically some rave queen with some viking vibes - love her "lullaby" as the middle 8 part and the Eurodance beats.

Seriously, this is amazing - a brilliant Eurovision entry, for sure!

Top Bottom