Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

John1

In 2016 norway last time failed to qualify. I honestly can't see that esc fans would spend their Money to vote for Norwegians ticks Fällen Angel. And i also definitely can't see jurry voting for this. But i assume results are not important for Norwegians so no worries.

Maybe he could get some pity points.

Icebreaker was still better than 3/4 of the MGP 21's lineup, including.............. yes, Fallen Angels :/

Pål Nordahl

Matt's reaction video is the greatest thing I've seen all week. So cute! It almost makes TIX's victory worth it? xthink

Also, I think it's hilarious to see non-Norwegians total bewilderment at this result. Literally not a single person I've been talking to from home are surprised. He has a HUGE fan-base. It's a shame none of them will be able to vote for him in May, but perhaps he'll have enough Matts to pull him through the semi.

Last edited:

Preuss

Matt's reaction video is the greatest thing I've seen all week. So cute! It almost makes TIX's victory worth it? xthink

Also, I think it's hilarious to see non-Norwegians total bewilderment at this result. Literally not a single person I've been talking to from home are surprised. He has a HUGE fan-base. It's a shame non of them will be able to vote for him in May, but perhaps he'll have enough Matts to pull him through the semi.

And there weren't just teenage girls voting for him. My mom, aunt, and cousin all liked the song and voted for him! Everyone agreed the staging was a bit too over the top, but the melody is rather catchy and easy to remember. The song has been playing all over the radio, though in Norwegian. I wonder if he performed it in Norwegian yesterday, then he'd win by even more perhaps, no?

Pål Nordahl

And there weren't just teenage girls voting for him. My mom, aunt, and cousin all liked the song and voted for him! Everyone agreed the staging was a bit too over the top, but the melody is rather catchy and easy to remember. The song has been playing all over the radio, though in Norwegian. I wonder if he performed it in Norwegian yesterday, then he'd win by even more perhaps, no?
Honestly, I don't think it mattered which language he sang in, or even which song he sang. He's a super nice guy with a very touching story and the international community probably underestimate how much that influenced the result. This wasn't just about Euro-vision, but showing support for him and his message.

hijirio

Veteran
Honestly, I don't think it mattered which language he sang in, or even which song he sang. He's a super nice guy with a very touching story and the international community probably underestimate how much that influenced the result. This wasn't just about Euro-vision, but showing support for him and his message.
Yeah, of course it is undeniable that he won largely due to his background story.
But this is Eurovision Song Contest and not a reality show. I doubt any ESC commentators will mention his story during the show.

In fact, everybody has a sad backstory of some sort. Tom is gay, Alexandra is not skinny, and Fred is from northern Sami minority, but together as Keiino they created something beautiful and won the popular vote in Eurovision. To be fair, I'm more inclined to buy their story rather than Tix's.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran

Loindici

Veteran
At the end of the day, we will have to welcome TIX warmly as a part of Eurovision universe. If you easily can with KEiiNO, I will expect you to do the same with TIX or I will pull a Bianca del Rio on you. End of story.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
In both forums, a video about that Slovenian... thing, at the top of the new pages of the respective Norwegian threads... UGH...

hawadharma

Just knew that TIX have Tourette's Syndrome, and that kind of affects my feelings for the song.

Is it fair to let my sympathy for the performer kicks in and influence my judgement on the song?
Is this how the Norwegians feel when they vote for TIX?

If his backstory is made known to all ESC audience, I believe TIX will have a high chance of qualifying.

Top Bottom