Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

Before today I expected the Nordic countries to finish like this in Rotterdam:
1. Norway, 2. Finland, 3. Sweden, 4. Denmark

Now I think it's:
1. Finland, 2. Sweden, 3. Norway, 4. Denmark

Mainshow

Veteran
I just don't get it.. KEiiNO would have slayed the televoting - Norway basically had the chance to submit a surefire Eurovision hit - definitely ending up Top 10 (probably upper part) - and now, they decided to send a solid but basic song which will struggle to even qualify. #mess

Biste

It's a 7 for me, could become an 8.
Whenever I read he switches back to Norwegian, instant 12 x12points

Teaisloveable

Just refreshed to find this out.

I mean, the song does nothing for me really. Norway had a STRONG selection this year and they go with this? Really?

They could have been top 10 easily with KEiiNO, Raylee, Maria and more! I don't think they've even got a great chance of qualifying.

It isn't bad per say, its just kind of there? Reminds me of a meh UK entry that people are like "its not a bad song, but what is it?"

English version is also wayyyyy worse than the Norwegian version.

Tinchey

I can't

Ehm... have you.. eh... seen...TIX's performance?
It's the epitome of camp.
Yes, it's smart camp, it's playing different set of cards than Keiino does. Keiino is an epic package filled with glitter and occasional sound of an actual instrument popping to some redundant beat and they do a good job at it, but their songs after they finish leave you at the abyss of emptiness. Nothing new.
Tix however as with his other songs deconstructs and plays with the language of his generation. He ultimately shows a cool dude can show being broken is ok and the campy performance is just a play of Eurovision tropes he uses well to convey the message.
So yes, I'd rather have something relatable for once.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ok - listening to "Fallen Angel" again.
It's.

ehm..

a good track?

(still no KEiiNO, Imerika, Jorn or Raylee, though)

Nicfedy

Big surprise. 4 pts from me. I thought the song was ok, but I kept going off it the more I saw him getting through. It became like a worst nightmare result. I wanted either Witch Wood or I can’t escape to win as those two really stood out for me. Poor Keiino to get beaten by that.

hijirio

Veteran
Won't even bother making a comment on how I feel about the choice :no: made tonight.

A song is worth a thousand words:

Mainshow

Veteran
:6: for now.

:6: for the dated but catchy song
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:12: for the utterly horrendous performance and killing off all my favourites

JChan

If Norway had just selected this internally I probably would have enjoyed it a lot more than I am right now. I'll probably need to wait a little bit before I can give this a fair rating

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Can't tell if you're serious or kidding right now. You just said I should get banned after complimenting both acts.
Then I will clarify: I was kidding about wanting to block you (though I did attempt it for um... science?). I am however somewhat annoyed with the circumstances, so it's kind of both, actually.

Don't dwell too much on it, because I'm fully aware you were just poking fun at us KEiiNO kids, but... not tonight okay. I'll sleep over it and then everything will be back to normal and we can go back to pretending we're friends and sniping each other's faves.

But tonight, I'm going to be a grouchy motherfucker for the moment being. Intense sorrow and gin reflux don't mix well.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Another bad result for my own personal taste tonight. The difference though here is that Finland made the right choice. They're going to do well. Going with Tix feels very much the wrong choice. I honestly don't understand it. Fallen Angels brings back the absolute worst elements of cheesy late 90s/early 00s boyband balladry. It's so goddamn corny and I'm shocked that some didn't pick up on this when the song was in Norwegian. The English makes no difference to me. The positives are that he sings well and the performance visually (for better or worse) is memorable. I sort of like how it's staged but the song is a non starter.

KEiiNO are the last televote winners of Eurovision. They would have likely at worst equalled the finish they achieved back in 2019, and I think could have done even better. That's a huge waste.

I'll give Tix a kind :4: points. I don't hate his song. It doesn't kill me and I strangely kind of like him. He seems sweet and I admire his story. He's the kind of guy I'd like to hang out with. I fear the ugly side of the fandom will show its face now. I hope it won't be the case but sadly it's inevitable. People liked Tix's song and he won fair and square. Just don't mind me as I casually judge the questionable taste of an entire country tonight.

VirginiaVision

Yes, it's smart camp, it's playing different set of cards than Keiino does. Keiino is an epic package filled with glitter and occasional sound of an actual instrument popping to some redundant beat and they do a good job at it, but their songs after they finish leave you at the abyss of emptiness. Nothing new.
Tix however as with his other songs deconstructs and plays with the language of his generation. He ultimately shows a cool dude can show being broken is ok and the campy performance is just a play of Eurovision tropes he uses well to convey the message.
So yes, I'd rather have something relatable for once.
It's really interesting to hear your assessment. For me personally, Tix's song and performance don't read as clever- they read as cheesy. I certainly can think of many Eurovision or national final acts that are very obviously tongue-in-cheek, but I just don't see Tix as that. I'll also add in that I fall into that Gen-Z/young millennial category (I'm on the cusp), and this doesn't do much for me. Maybe there's a cultural difference at play, as I'm not European.

hunty73

KEiiNO are very talented but lets face it the song was dated rubbish.It was a tick box song with zero integrity.It would of had no chance at ESC.It was a very decent MGP,and although Tix wont do anything at ESC it probably deserved to win tonight.The idea that KEiiNO would of won ESC is ridiculous.It would of got nothing from juries and if your outside of top 5 with them you aint winning.

Martyman

A few days ago, I made a prediction on twitter ...

Obviously Keiino and Raylee are my faves, but with Keiino, Norway have a potential winner of the whole shebang.

Current Betfair price for Norway to win ESC is 18/1. If Keiino win MGP that price will drop like a stone. If they don't, the price will go out. It's as simple as that.

Well, current price for Norway to win ESC? ..... 65/1 - It took less than a minute, from the time the result was announced, to rocket up to that price. As predicted.

Norway, you had the chance to win the whole thing. Sorry to say, this song is going nowhere.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
So whole norway is tone deaf and without a taste. RIP Norway, u blew easy and safe win with monument. -0 Points from me. We already have iceland and lithuania as joke entry. And wings Jesus, what a Circus..

• Fuego
Reactions: Neo
Top Bottom