Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I feared this TIX dude would screw it all up, for the life of me I cannot understand what's so great about his song, especially now in British "songwriting" camp level English version. That performance looked like the worst kind of cheese, something you would expect from a mess country in the early 2000s or something.

Once again the Norwegians are a train wreck, no wonder they found themselves at the very bottom ever so often. Ugh.

Literally my least favourite entry of 2021 right now. I'll give it a... :4:

HayashiM

Veteran
Ok, I think :no: have just Monumentally screwed up regarding their Eurovision chances. KEiiNO isn't a Eurovision televote winner without reason, and Norway could've been assured of another left-hand side of the scoreboard in my opinion.

Tix... yeah, say hello to Croatia 2019, and not only because of the staging. This might qualify, but it is by no means an assured comfortable qualification.

I don't want to be mean, so I'll give :6: points in the poll. But seriously, if we could at least switch back to Norwegian, it would help a lot.

Last edited:

cripesdude

It doesn’t matter now popular Tix is in Norway, it’s a lesser song... big Norwegian flop here we come!

hijirio

Veteran
thumb_sniffling-you-are-all-so-ugly-18328454.png

I will come here regularly during this ESC season and afterwards to spread hate speech & bullying and incitement to violence, gimme that Norway contribution award already xheat xheat xheat

EscGeek

Veteran
Tix is a grower, trust me!;)

January 15th: i was (sort of) roasting Tix by implying his song isn't as cool as his looks (post #161)
January 29th: i posted that i like his song now. (post 492)

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

ZoboCamel

Me, speaking to Norway:

Well, there goes my #1 of the year. Unlike some people here I don't hate TIX and his song - heck, maybe I would've supported him for the win if he was in a particularly-mediocre Belarusian NF or something - but in terms of opportunity cost, it's a real bummer to lose a 12/12 and my likely #1 of the year for something that's probably, uh, a 5/12 and my #27 of the year. Oh well. :cry:

theditz83

Veteran
So my last post here for tonight because I'm genuinely exhausted and don't think I can take much more, and I'm trying to be as measured and respectful as possible when I say this but...

TIX is not a charismatic or appealing performer or interviewee. I get that he has his demons and everything, but he appears awkward, unapproachable and cold. And it's so true that the crazy Norwegian fans that voted this through can't have that same power in Eurovision, so can he elevate and make himself a more attractive proposition for the public vote in Rotterdam?

I guess he has 3 months to prepare...

And P.S. "Monument" is mine the minute an ESC NF spin-off happens in the WV/NSC forums - steal it at your peril IOTAP

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I know we don't know the competition but I couldn't see KEiiNO winning Eurovision
Monument didn't scream ESC winner to me either. I think something more... subdued is going to win. Looks like many entries are going to meme trash, so my bet is on a ballad.

Still, KEiiNO would have been an easy top five, I think, I mean look at the reactions here. Fans really liked the song and they will resent TIX for daring to beat them. Such is life.

As far as "Fallen Angel" itself goes. Seeing it live made me realize I really didn't like the song at all, and when it qualified for the Gold Final I realized that I actively disliked it. It's my first red of the season, not because it beat KEiiNO (thought this doesn't help, let me tell you), but because I dislike it's awful inherent cloyingness, the complete absense of self-empowerment and the decision to go all "woe is me why don't girls like me".

It's a fucking incel anthem. LastDreamer may have left the boards but his spirit (or hellscape equivalent thereof) lives on in TIX.

Pål Nordahl

Congratulations to TIX for winning tonight. In my opinion we’re sending a inferior song, but popularity won.

I didn’t like the song in Norwegian. I hate it in English. :2: Points from me.

Top Bottom