Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

BernadetteCydonia

OK so I cannot believe y'all guys didn't have any discussions going in the meantime, but maybe I'm not surprised afterall because since MGP didn't announce any big news (well except something which I will get to in a bit), y'all have been radio silent, and that's your reasoning.

Anyway, the deadline of submitting MGP entries passed last week on Sunday, and I can triumphantly say that YOUR GIRL RIGHT HERE HAS SUBMITTED AN ENTRYYYYY xheart xheart xheart Now I don't have extremely high hopes of passing the professional jury checkup filters but if I do get in, I would be not mad either xD

After the deadline, Dagbladet posted an interview with an MGP person who confirmed that MGP 2021 will be "big and hefty" despite COVID-19 making the audience seats rarer in between the distance, and that the 6 show format will remain next year. Y'all want Ulrikke's return? Good news, but wrong kind of ones, as she'll NOT be competing, but WILL be involved with the show in a different way. ;)

Mimmon

Veteran
OK so I cannot believe y'all guys didn't have any discussions going in the meantime, but maybe I'm not surprised afterall because since MGP didn't announce any big news (well except something which I will get to in a bit), y'all have been radio silent, and that's your reasoning.

Anyway, the deadline of submitting MGP entries passed last week on Sunday, and I can triumphantly say that YOUR GIRL RIGHT HERE HAS SUBMITTED AN ENTRYYYYY xheart xheart xheart Now I don't have extremely high hopes of passing the professional jury checkup filters but if I do get in, I would be not mad either xD

After the deadline, Dagbladet posted an interview with an MGP person who confirmed that MGP 2021 will be "big and hefty" despite COVID-19 making the audience seats rarer in between the distance, and that the 6 show format will remain next year. Y'all want Ulrikke's return? Good news, but wrong kind of ones, as she'll NOT be competing, but WILL be involved with the show in a different way. ;)
Wait wait Ulrikke found another 'Perfect Song' ?
Edit: Nevermind just read the bottom part :D... Whatever she does people will like it...

FRFanESC

Wait wait Ulrikke found another 'Perfect Song' ?
Edit: Nevermind just read the bottom part :D... Whatever she does people will like it...
I thought the same, I was like "but I didn't see any news about Ulrikke finally coming back", lol.

Neo

Marte Stokstad will be new commentator for NRK.

A very good choice IMO. She's witty and funny, and a proper Eurovision fan too.

She led this year's alternative show, and pre-shows the other years, and they've all been great with the right balance of fun and depth.

Of course the ultra-fans will not be too happy as she is not all serious like they, but I'm very much looking forward to it.

Ce5DpNr.jpg

Looren

Veteran
Votes determined by televotes mean bad song for Norway at ESC2021 ^^

Sad because I loved Ulrikke at ESC2020

A-lister

Veteran
Votes determined by televotes mean bad song for Norway at ESC2021 ^^

Sad because I loved Ulrikke at ESC2020

Didn't the televotes choose Ulrikke though? xshrug

I personally didn't like the Norwegian entry in 2020, but I loved KEiiNO (that were actually saved by the televotes) in 2019, so I'm staying optimistic about this...

Looren

Veteran
Didn't the televotes choose Ulrikke though? xshrug

I personally didn't like the Norwegian entry in 2020, but I loved KEiiNO (that were actually saved by the televotes) in 2019, so I'm staying optimistic about this...

The televote choosed that guy with the beard if I remember well ^^

A-lister

Veteran
The televote choosed that guy with the beard if I remember well ^^

I can't find the full data, but in the superfinal they had two entries (both female) and Ulrikke won the public vote there so I dunno...

hijirio

Veteran
I can't find the full data, but in the superfinal they had two entries (both female) and Ulrikke won the public vote there so I dunno...

The initial plan was to use televote for the preliminary round, followed by another televote-based super final with 2 winners of the televote.
However, there was a technical problem with the televotes in the preliminary round, so they used the backup jury top 2 instead.
Then magically televote lines were fixed and they used the televote results between Ulrikke and Kristine Husoy.

So yeah, if it was up to the televotes in the preliminary round, probably the bearded guy would have been in the super final.
But yeah we had to get the most jury friendly top 2 in the super final.

A-lister

Veteran
The initial plan was to use televote for the preliminary round, followed by another televote-based super final with 2 winners of the televote.
However, there was a technical problem with the televotes in the preliminary round, so they used the backup jury top 2 instead.
Then magically televote lines were fixed and they used the televote results between Ulrikke and Kristine Husoy.

So yeah, if it was up to the televotes in the preliminary round, probably the bearded guy would have been in the super final.
But yeah we had to get the most jury friendly top 2 in the super final.

Yeah I read about some "technical issues", so basically what you say is that it was manipulated to have the juries decide the top.2? I mean this is how ESC selections work in some countries but I thought Norway would be a bit better... if that's really the case then it's only fair to have 100% televotes this time around.

hijirio

Veteran
Yeah I read about some "technical issues", so basically what you say is that it was manipulated to have the juries decide the top.2? I mean this is how ESC selections work in some countries but I thought Norway would be a bit better... if that's really the case then it's only fair to have 100% televotes this time around.
We will probably never know if it was rigged or not. I mean Ulrikke was pre-chosen by the juries as a wildcard in the final, and her song was the last one to be released, there were some hints suggesting that the broadcaster wants her. And the scandal was met by backlash from some artists in the final, they work so hard to put up a show and suddenly the superfinal is decided by a jury of only 30 people.
I didn't expect such a glitch from a country like Norway.
btw some correction for my previous post, the top 4 was decided by juries, then the televote was fixed and semifinal and superfinal results were based on televotes.
Maybe if the glitch hadnt happened, we would have seen Rein - one last time (a very non-jury friendly song) in the top 4. He could have even won the whole thing, as the song seemed to have a huge base in the fandom.

A-lister

Veteran
We will probably never know if it was rigged or not. I mean Ulrikke was pre-chosen by the juries as a wildcard in the final, and her song was the last one to be released, there were some hints suggesting that the broadcaster wants her. And the scandal was met by backlash from some artists in the final, they work so hard to put up a show and suddenly the superfinal is decided by a jury of only 30 people.
I didn't expect such a glitch from a country like Norway.
btw some correction for my previous post, the top 4 was decided by juries, then the televote was fixed and semifinal and superfinal results were based on televotes.
Maybe if the glitch hadnt happened, we would have seen Rein - one last time (a very non-jury friendly song) in the top 4. He could have even won the whole thing, as the song seemed to have a huge base in the fandom.

Interesting! I must say I didn't really follow this selection back in 2020 so alot is news to me... anyhow hope 2021 will work "better".

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We will probably never know if it was rigged or not.
We never rig ESC NFs (MGP) in Norway. It is not part of our transparent culture to do such a thing (in contrast to some other countries) and it would shame our broadcaster and the artists too much in the media and in the music business if it were even considered because here it would for certain become public. Last year's MGP was a simple cock-up with the voting (which also hardly ever happens in Norway, we are sticklers for detail and doing things right) and will not be repeated I am quite sure.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well didn't they try to do all the voting online? remove phone voting totally and tried to use a more modern technique. I recall them saying the voting would be online, which imo screams sever overload. I don't think it was rigging tbh, It's not something i'd expect from Norway. If it was Ukraine or Belarus, then maybe so.

AlekS

Veteran
If it was Ukraine or Belarus, then maybe so.
:rolleyes: British-American firm PwC (the 2nd-largest professional services/accounting network in the world) controls Vidbir since 2016.
Every juror reveals their marks. Even the channels' bosses can't influence our jury (judging from their marks).
Due to huge amount of televoters and "1 vote per 1 SIM, 1 SIM = 1 account" system it's unreasonable and technically impossible to hack the app/televoting.
If you talk about voting, Vidbir is the most transparent Eurovision NF. "Thanks" to accidents in the past.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:rolleyes: British-American firm PwC (the 2nd-largest professional services/accounting network in the world) controls Vidbir since 2016.
Every juror reveals their marks. Even the channels' bosses can't influence our jury (judging from their marks).
Due to huge amount of televoters and "1 vote per 1 SIM, 1 SIM = 1 account" system it's unreasonable and technically impossible to hack the app/televoting.
If you talk about voting, Vidbir is the most transparent Eurovision NF. "Thanks" to accidents in the past.

Ofc it was because of that shady NF era that you are so transparent now, which is great and is in fact the era I was referring to in my post.

AlekS

Veteran
The rumours are floating around about Alexandra Rotan taking part, not with KEiiNO but solo.

Top Bottom