4 2.5%

9 5.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Norway-scaled.jpg

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Well my source is wiwibloggs, but her statements contradict tbh.

“There is so much to start again, and then I need a new song that I really love. I have worked so damn hard for this, I have invested all of the work and money into this," she says, which suggests that the reason she won't take part in the final of next MGP is that she needs a song she really loves and going through same phases will be stressful/difficult or w/e.

But then again, she says “I had a dream that they would send me next year, but that was not the case. I am very sorry and disappointed with that decision, but that was the way it was.”

So, if it wasn't for the MGP final but instead an internal selection, she would magically have all the reasons to produce a song that she really loves and she suddenly would be able to go through all the stress again?

Lol, I am glad Norway won't send her internally again.

Dear troll, her statements don't contradict at all. It's clearly very stressful for a singer who has won a long NF like MGP was this year, to do the same thing immediately the year after, only because ESC hasn't taken place. Winning a NF and being internally selected is not the same thing, the latter process is definitely quicker and it removes a lot of hassle for the singer, so Ulrikke is totally right in this. She had won the NF so she has the moral right to represent the country in ESC. So, think twice before talking non-sense, you just aren't worthy of Queen Ulrikke.

Uto

Veteran
Well my source is wiwibloggs, but her statements contradict tbh.

“There is so much to start again, and then I need a new song that I really love. I have worked so damn hard for this, I have invested all of the work and money into this," she says, which suggests that the reason she won't take part in the final of next MGP is that she needs a song she really loves and going through same phases will be stressful/difficult or w/e.

But then again, she says “I had a dream that they would send me next year, but that was not the case. I am very sorry and disappointed with that decision, but that was the way it was.”

So, if it wasn't for the MGP final but instead an internal selection, she would magically have all the reasons to produce a song that she really loves and she suddenly would be able to go through all the stress again?

Lol, I am glad Norway won't send her internally again.
Your reaction is just stupid. If she was chosen internally all the hard work for Attention would have been worth it. She could invest whatever time, effort and money into creating a new song knowing that would again be worth it. That is not the case now, she must make a gamble for a second time not knowing if it will pay off. It does not take much empathy to understand that such a thing is highly stressful. Lambasting her for voicing her honest and humane opinion is just such a shitty thing to do.

Brandt

For an NF or throuh internal selection, whatever the method is chosen for herself, I don't see how producing a song for her liking makes any difference. Because it doesn't.

VikingTiger

I do feel sorry for Ulrikke. She has shown a real interest in representing Norway in the Eurovision. More than most other contestants she has been clear from the start that her goal and dream was to represent Norway internationally. .
She can not represent Norway with Attention in 2021. MGP has looong traditions in Norway, it's mainly been used to choosing our representative in the Eurovision. But it's also used to showcase new and less know artists - and to produce national hits. So even though Ulrikke wont be going to Rotterdam - she still is the winner of this year's MGP. This means that many more Norwegians will now know her name by now.
Ulrikke was my favourite in the MGP. I do think she would have gotten a really good result in Rotterdam. And I was so looking forward to seeing her. But let's face it, Ulrikke is NOT amongst the biggest loosers in this "world of Corona". To claim there is a moral narrative to let her represent Norway in 2021 - hmm.... that is taking it a bit too far in my opinion.

CPV4931

Zonne147

Ulrikke and Tom Leeb, one of the highlights of Eurovision season this year

It was even more hilarious than PAENDA & Victor last year... :lol:
She is so pretty and funny, so likeable xlove

Please let her come back next year xcry

aef

Haha currently I'm so obsessed with KEiiNOs "Would I Lie To You" and "Black Leather"! They are just superb. They definitely need to come back to Eurovision one day and deliver once again.

Romeo

Does anyone have a way I can watch Norway decides? I need to be a resident of Norway and have a BankID. Is there another place to watch it?

tuorem

My review:

NORWAY 2020 - Ulrikke - Attention: "Could have been better, could have been worse"

Norwegians in Eurovision have that unique ability to send this, that and the other: regardless of whether they send a solid track or something worth the nearest garbage can, at least they are not stuck in a one-trick-pony pattern, which is good imo. Since 2009 - and despite entering my personal top 10 on three occasions (2013, 2015, 2016) - I have yet to really get crazy about one of their songs. Sadly they also sent a few songs I actively dislike, but let's not spread more negativity than I usually do. :LOL: Special mention to Secret Garden's "Nocturne" of course, one of my all-time favourite Eurovision entries. xheart

I would like to mention that I did not watch their NF this year, actually I tried but stopped bothering real fast when I realised how far from how they had advertised it last year it was. I would even say this was the biggest farce of the season overall: very limited options per semi filled with obvious fillers, the all too obvious qualifiers, the failure to justify pre-qualifiers, the duel system, the online voting fail in the final, the jury panel coming out of the blue and all the complaining that ensued... and all that for the 60th anniversary of their debut. :cautious: Way to go!

Anyway, the prequalified song "Attention" won, which I think surprised no one. But I am not that mad at that because I found the selection so dire that it was a decent turn of events for me. I won't lie: I do like the song and it's currently in my top 10, mostly because the melody is rather pleasant and the lyrics definitely hit me hard this year somehow. It is like a Norwegian take on "Undo" to me (the theme, the arrangements of the chorus, the melodic hook used throughout the composition), except it packs less power impact-wise imo. And although I do enjoy it for what it is, it does not detract my attention (pun intended) from the fact it is a mainstream effort with very little substance and a strong Eurovision-y feel to it, which tends to irk me in "serious" songs most of the time. Morland could have given it a bit more work to add more depth tbh, for the base was there. Ulrikke is cute, her voice is not my favourite type but it fits the vibe they were going for. To sum up, this is not a guilty pleasure, because I did not feel guilty screaming the chorus out loud and acting all dramatic with the track blasting my headphones last summer :LOL: but yeah, I'll have to wait a bit longer for a high-art contribution from Norge.

Prediction-wise, I have absolutely no clue. Since it gives me both "Undo" and "Where I Am" vibes, it really could have gone either way imo. In semi 1, I think it would have been a borderline qualifier at best tbh, it's one of those songs that eurofans wouldn't think twice about in predictions and yet may end up missing out to the advantage of a surprise qualifier. Had it qualified, I don't believe it would have done much tbh, right part of the scoreboard was a given.

I'm not sure what will become of Ulrikke, will she take part in the NF? I guess not? The show was such a mess that it would be best to start afresh anyway. I hope they'll ditch all the bizarre ideas they had last year and just hold a normal show with a regular voting system and as few fillers as possible. Fingers crossed for a good selection!

jatojo

I miss Ulrikke. xheart She just released a version of the national anthem for the upcoming National Day in Norway.

Milos-BC

My third favorite of 2020 :( Such a classy and powerful song. Yet another outstanding song from :no: (one of my favorite ESC countries). She would've gotten a great result, no doubt about that. I hope we will see her on ESC in the near future.

12 points.

Preuss

I remember how much she mocked and hated poor Kobi 2019 and Home... which is hilarious considering her song was basically the female equivalent of that one

i don't really need to see her represent us in Eurovision if I'm honest...

Ezio

Veteran
This would have been a massive televoting flop. Glad for Ulrikke she didn't need to undergo this.

jatojo

This would have been a massive televoting flop. Glad for Ulrikke she didn't need to undergo this.
I'm not so sure about that. It has much more appeal and impact than for instance Australia, Azerbaidjan and Switzerland 2022 which were basically just good singers singing songs with no melody. Norway's ballads have class, like "Made of Glass" which is far superior to any of those mentioned. It's even better than "Die Together" in my opinion.

Ezio

Veteran
Female ballads are usually flopping and I don't see how this one would have stood out.

jatojo

Female ballads are usually flopping and I don't see how this one would have stood out.

Really? I don't recall many good female ballads that flopped. North Macedonia sent an average ballad that got a surprisingly great result in 2019. Australia had a superb runner-up in 2016. Norway looked good in the odds in 2020.

But sure, ballads are usually getting more votes from the juries than from the public.

Laepo1

She was one of my favourites too and I dont think it would be a flop. Anyeay, I hope she'll come back, she is the last of my favourites from 2020 that I havent seen perform in eurovision in one way or another.

Myrel

Also one of my favourites in 2020. Hopefully Norway wins in the near future so she can finally get to perform this song at Eurovision like Diodato this year :ROFLMAO: That would be perfect.

Top Bottom