Can you stop calling me baby
I've made up my mind already
We're running in circles​

Loindici

Veteran
Well.

AlekS

Veteran
The way she did it was stupid, she could simply give it to somebody instead of throwing.
North Macedonia/MRT, hon.... like that mess with Bulgaria last year wasn't enough :lol:

France did the same thing, btw.
Just a drama over nothing.

Ajeje Brazorf

What the... Guys, what happened here? I worked yesterday so I didn't watch the Turquoise carpet. What happened? Did she really throw her flag away?

shameless

I feel sorry for this girl, in many other countries this wouldn't be an issue but in some it would and she was just unlucky that hers falls into the latter category. I hate oversensibility for chauvinist reasons, hope that she will not get disqualified because that would be a very poor signal.

Fierro

I don't know if withdrawal is a smart choice here but Andrea should have definitely thought twice before doing that... Although it looked more accidental than intentional.

SarahM

Yikes, I just heard about this! I feel sorry for Andrea and I hope she is not disqualified. The headlines are quite shocking to read at first glance, although my opinion after watching the video is that she threw the flag hurriedly out of frame for the press. I think she was a bit flustered as she was on her own, and there was no intention to make a political statement from what I can tell. I hope people take the time to understand the context of what happened before jumping to conclusions. On the other hand, I can see how it can be portrayed as offensive, so I think there was a need for her to address the situation and apologise.

eurovizian

Ridiculous. Many of the acts were losing, throwing and putting flags away during the opening cermony (this always happens). The press in some countries are awful and just looking for cheap headlines. Never say sorry to such creatures.

Mainshow

Veteran
When I attended Eurovision 2012 in Baku, security took away my Azerbaijani flag when I needed to pee. (It was a big one and I was wearing it as a cape).
Apparently, the Azerbaijani flag wasn´t allowed to see a restroom or my d*ck.

I can also still remember well how the fan next to me put a smaller flag under his seat (he had several flags with him and just took them out when the performances took place) and the Azerbaijani family in the back picked the flags up and handed them back to him like twice (= telling him he shouldn´t putting them on the ground).

I didn´t mention these incidents last night (was really tired and needed some sleep) but I guess that some countries have a different relationship to their flags.

ESC94

When I attended Eurovision 2012 in Baku, security took away my Azerbaijani flag when I needed to pee. (It was a big one and I was wearing it as a cape).
Apparently, the Azerbaijani flag wasn´t allowed to see a restroom or my d*ck.

I can also still remember well how the fan next to me put a smaller flag under his seat (he had several flags with him and just took them out when the performances took place) and the Azerbaijani family in the back picked the flags up and handed them back to him like twice (= telling him he shouldn´t putting them on the ground).

I didn´t mention these incidents last night (was really tired and needed some sleep) but I guess that some countries have a different relationship to their flags.

Too bad, the flag would´ve been impressed I´m sure. ;)

Please don´t take this seriously, I´m in a silly mood now. :LOL:

jatojo

Okay, I saw the clip. It's fine with me to have rules about respecting a national flag, but this is just a miniature flag made of paper, and I bet she was tired of holding it. There is absolutely nothing in this - maybe some politician put pressure on the tv station which is actually much more problematic than the totally innocent flag incident.

A-lister

Veteran
The way she threw the flag was indeed a low class move, she could have done it a bit differently. Maybe the broadcaster blows it out of proportion, but I also wouldn't be happy if a Swedish representative would treat our flag this way. Some may say it's "only a flag" but there is a reason that in many countries there are laws on how to treat "National symbols" like flags.

Macedonia clearly struggles with a lot of complexes, but to some extent I can't blame them, it's a small ethnically divided country with neighbors more or less claiming they don't even exist...

elanyvx

ESC94

Loindici

Veteran
MRT is just confusing me -- might be some national nationalist drama, but since the problem's taken way out of context, nobody will be interested to consume it. Plus, with whatever they're doing to Vasil for his double ethnicity, somehow I'm tired of these nationalist stories.

Top Bottom