2021: Belgium, Albania
2019: Belarus, Denmark
2018: Albania, Netherlands
2017: Australia, Austria, Denmark
2016: Czech Rep., Georgia, Israel
2015: Hungary, Azerbaijan
2014: Azerbaijan, Malta

heke1988

Interesting change. Although I would also rather have just public vote in Grand Final, but this is a good destination: Power to the people!

hijirio

Veteran
2010:

SM1: 🇫🇮 instead of 🇧🇦
SM2: 🇱🇹🇸🇪 instead of 🇮🇱🇮🇪

2011:
SM1: 🇦🇲🇧🇻🇹🇷 instead of 🇱🇹🇨🇭🇷🇸
SM2: 🇧🇾 instead of 🇪🇪

2012:
SM1: 🇨🇭instead of 🇭🇺
SM2: 🇧🇬🇳🇱instead of 🇲🇹🇺🇦

2013:

SM1: 🇭🇷🇲🇪 instead of 🇲🇩🇪🇪
SM2: 🇨🇭🇧🇬 instead of 🇦🇲🇬🇪

Realest

Not a big Fan of it. Albania would have qualified despite being 12th in the Average-TV.
Azerbaijan qualifying with 0 Points is Part of the 50/50 Voting.

The good thing is that we have no calculated Substitute-Juryvotes anymore in Case of Corruption.

Brandt

I like the change but the Rest of the world votes make me feel skeptical.

Neo

Not a big difference, but I guess it's a start to where we finally get rid of the juries.

Having the rest of world vote will probably reduce Ukraine's winning margin which will also be good.

Sammy

Veteran
I‘m against it. The juries were reintroduced for a reason and it worked out, even if there were disputable results now and then. On the bigger scale, it worked and the juries did their job. For the rest of the world-rule: totally against it! The competing countries should decide no one else.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Great, finally some more people power as it should be xcheer

Let's kick those grandmas with bad taste where it hurts them the most, no more lazy clichéd dated generic English language ballads that sound like 90's relics or something.

Now we can finally start to have a party again and promote Eurovision diversity, which is what Eurovision should be all about!

I don't like the rest of the world though, even if it's only one set of votes. I can smell skewed manipulated online voting all the way and I'm afraid EBU is just easing us into a Worldvision format, thank you but no thank you!

Bobjan FR

When i read the news this morning, first i thought "omg no, why ?". After looking what it would have changed, finally it's not that worse.... of course there is exceptions, for example this *#@[&|^¤§ song from Finland in 2015 that would have qualified (thank you juries, really) , and the fact that gabriela guncikova would have fall...

I'm afraid that it could have an impact on the choices made by countries, especially the ones who doesn't focus on the victory, and come back in a 2000's period ; I didn't wanted it.

And of course the fact that juries were a decreasing the effect of diaspora (yes they do a bit as well, but not that much).... Plus the fact that the producers still decide of the running order, so with a 100% televote it's even more powerfull, juries are not here to offset again.

It's a new step to the melodifestivalen format... They really want it.

EscGeek

Veteran
I love the Rest of the world thing.. I'd even split it further into "rest of EBU members" and the actual "rest of the world". That way, eurovision can reach even more people xcheer

When it comes to juries losing power in the semis.. i'm indifferent. On some instances i agree with the juries, and on other with the public... so nothing will change for me as i will be heartbroken for my faves after the semi as usual. :lol:

Let's just take a look at the last two years as an example:
Would i prefer :al: to Q over :ch:? - No, but netiher of them would deserve it
Would i prefer :cy: to Q over :az:? - Yes
Would i prefer :hr: to Q over :be:? - Yes, but i'd like to see both in the final
Would i prefer :dk: to Q over :al:? - No

There are four possible answers to these questions, and i've used them all alredy. I'm all over the place, baby! xheatxcrazyxcookiexcheers

Top Bottom