Contact us

New Forum Discussion thread

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Since you are all whining and complaining about the current forum and the issues we're experiencing, I'm over it and shutting the forum down.....................................and opening the new one via Xenforo. ALL posts will be migrated so no need to panic :D

Once the new forum is up, feel free to post your questions here. Is something missing, are you unable to locate something or just general input? Please post it here.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Just a quick question: do we have to create new accounts there or will they be migrated with all the content?

And another question: will private messages migrate as well?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Just a quick question: do we have to create new accounts there or will they be migrated with all the content?

And another question: will private messages migrate as well?

All profiles will be transferred, all posts will be transferred. In a nutshell, everything will be transferred over so all you have to do is log into the new forum starting tomorrow, same URL.:)

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Hi, I don't know if it's a new forum problem, but @MiraWarninyi still can't log in because he doesn't remember the password and when he asks to restore it, it goes to a "page not found" page. Can someone help?

CPV4931

Finally able to log in again, feels so good to be back :-) And the new forum also makes a nice first impression.

tuorem

I'm loving this brand new forum already 🙂 Awesome job guys! It looks way more modern and neater now.

Just a question: has the size of our avatars changed? They all are blurry and it says the requirements are at least 400x400 pixels, contrary to 130x130 max previously.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
We successfully moved, now we need time to set up the setting, add smilies and update design. If you have any problems with functionality, please let us know
Great job so far! 🙂 The most obvious thing I've noticed so far, apart from the blurry avatar issue mentioned in the post above, is the disappearance of the General discussion sub-forum in the mod section?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I'm loving this brand new forum already 🙂 Awesome job guys! It looks way more modern and neater now.

Just a question: has the size of our avatars changed? They all are blurry and it says the requirements are at least 400x400 pixels, contrary to 130x130 max previously.

Thank you everyone for your kind words so far. I know change isn't always what people want but looks like most people have nice things to say. And yes, I need to get used to as well but it's not radically different.

In regards to the avatar blurry issue, I have a feeling that the requirements have changed so you may have to upload a new avatar but I will look into this further.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Great job so far! 🙂 The most obvious thing I've noticed so far, apart from the blurry avatar issue mentioned in the post above, is the disappearance of the General discussion sub-forum in the mod section?

It's either:

A. I fired you when I was really drunk last night

B. Must be some Usergroup/security settings issue

Fingers crossed it's B but I will look into this and will let you know.

Top Bottom