Re: New Acadia

New Acadia 130
Tb3zVgU.png

Dark Dark Dark - Trouble No More

Canuck

Welcome to the new New Acadia

WgJ7MOc.png

A new era has dawned upon New Acadia, and with it, a new flag revealed.

The most striking feature of our new flag is the white, jagged mountains which dominate the background, symbolizing New Acadia's deep history with our snowy, expansive, and unforgiving wilderness. The vast majority of New Acadia's geography is snow-capped mountains and glaciers with low, rolling valleys featuring pristine (often frozen) turquoise lakes and raging rivers.

The New Acadian flag has always featured mountains, due to our cultural connection with them, but our newest version is the first time that mountains dominate the entire flag.

Our second main feature is the howling wolf in the foreground of the flag. Wolves are amongst the most majestic and storied creates of the animal kingdom, and ancient New Acadian folklore teaches of our profound and complex relationship with them. We have shared our landscape with wolves ever since we've arrived on the islands and the wolf is the national animal of New Acadia. When men settled here, they fought for the incredibly scarce natural resources with the few wolves that inhabited the land, which sometimes led to bloody conflict.

It appears that the wolf is howling not only to the mountains, but to a star. The yellow star at the top of the flag is called the Stella Maris, and is the national symbol of (real) Acadians worldwide. The Stella Maris is also the symbols of mariners, a nod to our complex relationship with the sea, which has claimed many lives of New Acadians over the years. This star was also featured in our previous flag.

The tricolour stripes at the far lower right represent the three colours of the (real) Acadian flag and is a symbol of our heritage, which we will never forget. The red, white, and blue tricolour represents our history with the French, of which we were descended.

VIVE L'ACADIE!

Salmon

Hey, that’s another of those “how has this never been entered in NSC?!” songs. A true classic, and I adore this cover of it even more. Good luck!

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - Skipping NSC 136

For the first time in our long & storied history, New Acadia will be sitting out of the next edition of NSC.

I've got a lot going on - my job here in Banff is ending near the end of May, and I'll be travelling through the USA for a few weeks, taking extended time to see the beautiful states of Utah and Colorado, before resettling in my new job in mid-June... Back to the east coast, here I come!

db_2173831-R1-E0221.jpg

See you guys in 137!

Salmon

Re: New Acadia - Skipping NSC 136

Aww, sad to see ::nac sit out, but the reasons for it are more than awesome! Have fun.

Canuck

Re: New Acadia 140

New Acadia 142
WgJ7MOc.png

The World is a Beautiful Place & I am No Longer Afraid to Die - I Can Be Afraid of Anything

ps. It's great to be back, I missed you guys!​

Keko

Re: New Acadia 142

I love this band, it's a really pleasant surprise to see them in NSC! xheart Best of luck!

Top Bottom