• 'Gold'

1 33.3%
  • 'Dombıra'

1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - NSC 57 - Stephen Jerzak - She Said

New Acadia is saddened to see that they have not qualified in the final of the most recent version of NSC, and their national broadcasters are reconsidering how they are going to choose their entry in the next edition. They also wish everyone the best in the final :D

Liam

She Said gets better and better for me! Such a shame it didn't make it :( I think it's too much of a grower to do well :( Better luck next edition! :D

SpZ

To be honest while this song sounds similiar to your 2 last entries, it simply wasn't working for me. Too middle of the round pop, not catchy enough. It wasn't bad, but it simply was inferior to your past 2 entries. I hope you can find a good song in this style again or go for some other woog style :geek:

Canuck

Since this is my nation's thread, I'm going to post this here (I already posted it on the NSC Chat box too) :)

I just composed my first ever song/beat, and I would love it if you guys heard it! It's an instrumental called 'Playing with Scratches' (as you'll be able to tell why). It's not really good, but it's the first one I've ever created, so feedback would be appreciated!!

SpZ

Since this is my nation's thread, I'm going to post this here (I already posted it on the NSC Chat box too) :)

I just composed my first ever song/beat, and I would love it if you guys heard it! It's an instrumental called 'Playing with Scratches' (as you'll be able to tell why). It's not really good, but it's the first one I've ever created, so feedback would be appreciated!!

Don't really like it, the main tune is not catchy at all, but i guess it is done kinda well.

Canuck

Don't really like it, the main tune is not catchy at all, but i guess it is done kinda well.

I wasn't really going for catchiness, I just bought this programme and thought I'd play around with it. It's the first song I've eve created, so I wasn't really going for anything overly impressive haha.

Thanks for your input from here & MSN guys! :)

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - LISTEN TO MY SONG :D

After last edition's failure with an attempt to go mainstream, New Acadia is returning to their Canadian rock music scene :D Clues will be slowly released through the week as to who our entrant will be.

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - NSC 58 - ?

NSC WORLD: MEET HAWKSLEY WORKMAN

Hawksley_Workman_051003125203331_wideweb__300x375,  1.jpg

As I said, this edition, we will be returning to the kind of music that can truly be defined as 'New Acadian,' since middle-of-the-road pop music just didn't work out for us last edition. Thus, I welcome Hawksley Workman to the NSC world! Workman is a talented singer-songwriter who does not only that, but also plays guitar, drums, bass, and keyboard, often switching between instruments during live shows.

Hawksley Workman is well-known for the speed at which he releases his music. He has already released 11 albums, of which he has recorded and produced on his own. Oftentimes, these albums are written, recorded, and mastered in the span of a few weeks. When he gets into a project, he works at it continuously until it's completed to his liking. He also has an extremely creative mind, never spending more than an entire day writing a completed song. His music has been featured on popular US and Canadian television shows, including Scrubs, Queer as Folk, and Whistler.

Hawksley has also been recognized in the Canadian music industry for his work. In 2002, he received two Juno Awards (The Canadian equivalent of the Grammies) for Best New Solo Artist and Best Music Video for "Jealous of Your Cigarette." He has listed the biggest musical influence on him as Bruce Cockburn, who has released 29 albums in his career spannining 40 years, and whose hit 'Wondering Where The Lions Are' was listed as the 29th greatest Canadian song in the 2005 CBC Radio series 50 Tracks: The Canadian Vision.

We hope you enjoy our entrant in this month's NSC!

HawksleyWorkman-02-big.jpg

As a teaser, here is the music video for which he won a Juno Award, Jealous of Your Cigarette This is NOT the song that Hawksley will be representing us with.

Canuck

Re: New Acadia - NSC 58 - ?

Seeing as I've hidden my song selection the entire week, it's about time to reveal it. Here is our NSC 58 entry, 'Chemical' by Hawksley Workman!

See you in Serenate & Clair! Best of luck to all, this edition seems to be very strong :D

Last edited:

renzo

Re: New Acadia - NSC 58 - Hawksley Workman - Chemical

great entryyyy =) i love it!! good luck with another amazing canadian song :D

No Name

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I think this could go very high...maybe even win :shock:

Best New Acadia-entry to date! xmusic

Canuck

THANKS for everyone who's voted us through! :) Hopefully we will still have your support through the finals!

If you liked our entry, here is one of my personal favourites from Hawksley, called We Will Still Need A Song

and another favourite, No Reason to Cry Out Your Eyes

Canuck

THANKSSS everyone who voted for us this past edition! Our first PQ, top placing, AND record score! :) :) We've got our song picked out, and will be revealed in a few days!

Last edited:
Top Bottom