Contact us

Netherlands: Anouk - Birds

Zack

Post your suggestions for questions to ask the artist(s) and delegation here.

These questions can be Eurovision related, general music questions regarding the artist or even random questions (e.g., what three items would you take with you on a deserted Island).

We will have final say about which questions get asked, but we'd appreciate it if everyone keeps their questions polite. Negative or overly critical questions (e.g. Why is your song so bad? Do you think your song is plagiarism?) will most likely not get chosen.
So what questions do you think would be the best questions to ask artists?

Be sure to include your name and your city and country of origin.

Eitje

Anouk, what was your motivation to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013?

This question has already been answered. Anouk says she is the kind of person that likes to do the unexpected. Her friends hate the song contest and didn't want her to take part, so she decided to go. The people in the Netherlands hate the song contest and adviced her to stay home, so she decided to go. A last reason she gave in an interview is the fact that she used to like the song contest in the past when it was a special and great evening with the whole family on the couch watching songs of Johnny Logan and she hopes to bring some of this feeling back to the people.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
This question has already been answered. Anouk says she is the kind of person that likes to do the unexpected. Her friends hate the song contest and didn't want her to take part, so she decided to go. The people in the Netherlands hate the song contest and adviced her to stay home, so she decided to go. A last reason she gave in an interview is the fact that she used to like the song contest in the past when it was a special and great evening with the whole family on the couch watching songs of Johnny Logan and she hopes to bring some of this feeling back to the people.

Every question has been answered at some point but most people don't know the answer to it and you never know, we can always get more insight from Anouk herself.

dizzydjc

Anouk, if you win the contest this year... What will be the very first thing you will do to celebrate?

Dan from Reading, UK

Mozz

Hello Anouk,

(We could of course communicate in Dutch since we're both Dutch but only a few would understand :D).

My question for you are:

I wonder if at this moment you have already made preparations, whether in concrete or just in mind, about what kind of presentation you will use when you will sing your song. I know that you already indicated that you "plan to keep it simple", but I wonder, why not use the maximum of what is possible on the Eurovision stage? The draw has now been announced and The Netherlands will perform right after an uptempo song (from Ukraine) and just before the commercial break after which another uptempo song will take the stage (Montenegro). Are you not worried that your performance will be drowned by these two competitors?

Mozz,
The Netherlands

Jim

Hi Anouk!

I really like your song, it's very interesting and colorful! I have to ask you something that may be weird but it's inspired by your song and especially from the title "birds". Many people have birds in their houses inside cages. But birds have wings in order to fly. Inside the cages, in my opinion, they are trapped and I feel worried about them. Is it better to have them inside cages or to leave them free to fly? Which is your opinion about this?

I wish you good luck!

Jim from Thessaloniki, Greece.

Fluke

What are the feelings in the Netherlands about the ESC nowadays, and how do you think it is affected by not having qualified to the finals? If lack of interest is the reason for poor results, what are the reason for the lack of interest?

(Henrik, Sweden)

Mickey

Anouk

What do you think about the suggestion from one of your songwriters that Birds is too good for Eurovision?

Martin UK

zenon

Anouk

How would you feel by being the first ever Dutch entry to pass the semis?

Philip from Scotland

Top Bottom