9 6.7%

5 3.7%

11 8.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

SpiritofKeiino

I really enjoy this song, but I'm getting worried about its chances after seeing the pre party. Trying to remain positive thinking that technical issues won't happen again at the final. This really needs a strong vocal performance to qualify.

Chorizo

I’m bored by this song. It gets a little better for a moment when it picks up some pace near the end, but overall I’m not a fan. 4 points.

JenJen94

I'm still a little torn by this song! Absolutely love the ending of it, and think it's really beautiful but I'm not overall wowed by it yet. I think it'll qualify and I'd like it to do so, maybe struggle to do so, I mean it's in a very strong semi too. Hopefully their vocals will be fine on the night! :)

Mainshow

Veteran
I actually really enjoyed it whilst listening to the official compilation.

Maybe the music video/their faces or whatever made me not really feel the song?
I even ended up singing along to it a few moments ago haha

0scar

Well
this isn't looking good for them lol and they're facing harsh criticism in the Netherlands, the committee that selected them and Duncan Laurence as well. I mean it could partly due to them being nervous and the pressure now but I don't believe this is gonna end well.
Doesn't bother me that much, I didn't particularly like the song (neither did I dislike it), but I feel like their personalities weren't that likeable from the start. I kinda feel for them as the criticism is quite severe but well their live performances have been just.......

JenJen94

Well
this isn't looking good for them lol and they're facing harsh criticism in the Netherlands, the committee that selected them and Duncan Laurence as well. I mean it could partly due to them being nervous and the pressure now but I don't believe this is gonna end well.
Doesn't bother me that much, I didn't particularly like the song (neither did I dislike it), but I feel like their personalities weren't that likeable from the start. I kinda feel for them as the criticism is quite severe but well their live performances have been just.......

Yeah my Dutch friend said they were roasting them on tv yesterday night and showed a clip (from Amsterdam I think)...not looking good at all

I had them down as Q but honestly, if it's gonna stay like this, even on semi 1 night, I'm not so sure it will, it may struggle

Himan

If they sing like this, they aren't going to struggle. They will fail to qualify. They haven't practiced enough on big stages and now out-of nothing. They go to Eurovision, this is going to be tough.

midnightsun

Veteran
The song isn’t bad per se, Dion’s verses are quite nice. It’s a mood actually, it’s part of my "writing playlist" (I am working on a novel and I have a playlist to listen to in the background while writing which consists of mainly indie songs).
The only time I‘m cringing is when the chorus sets in because everytime I expect a big electric guitar "boom"after that short pause but all I get is that little flat acoustic guitar, that feels so out of place to my ears!
I dislike Mia‘s voice a bit but I could imagine she‘d sound nicer live when she doesn’t do these little squeaks that I dislike. But obviously they didn’t deliver live (haven’t seen their Amsterdam performance yet) - what a pity!

SpiritofKeiino

The song isn’t bad per se, Dion’s verses are quite nice. It’s a mood actually, it’s part of my "writing playlist" (I am working on a novel and I have a playlist to listen to in the background while writing which consists of mainly indie songs).
The only time I‘m cringing is when the chorus sets in because everytime I expect a big electric guitar "boom"after that short pause but all I get is that little flat acoustic guitar, that feels so out of place to my ears!
I dislike Mia‘s voice a bit but I could imagine she‘d sound nicer live when she doesn’t do these little squeaks that I dislike. But obviously they didn’t deliver live (haven’t seen their Amsterdam performance yet) - what a pity!
I prefer Dion's bit too. Also felt Mia was overacting in the video, hope she doesn't keep that performance style on stage.

Franzilein

Yeah, I also think the verses are fine, but especially the last chorus... oof. Hope they will manage to fix it until May.

MopManMoss

Veteran
AVROTROS put out this statement Mia and Dion have now performed twice. We have let them practice on purpose and we have seen that things are not going well yet…We know what’s wrong with it, the whole of the Netherlands has seen that. The creative team that is working on it is now continuing, precisely on those points, to get the vocals right

Im not sure why some eurofans are so upset or confused by this the dutch are some of the most straight forward and blunt people on Earth this isnt a suprise and ive always liked the dutch for this

Zeus

Apparently Dion and Mia are getting absolutely slaughtered by the Dutch press.
Yes lol, it's almost in every media and all negative. "They can't sing", "they shouldn't go" etc. I even saw serious articles on serious news websites in which it is examined whether withdrawal from the contest is still possible. And a lot of talk about getting the NF back in the future.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Yesss bring back the NFs. Finally justice can be found for this robbed hit:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
SHA LA LIE SHA LA LA SHA LA LIE SHA LA LA

The Dutch Jane McDonald lookalike icon who turned to be like 20 and not 40. What a year 2010 was

Top Bottom