9 7.9%

2 1.8%

9 7.9%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
The-Netherlands-scaled.jpg

nunaney

If Within Temptation don’t do ESC in 2020 then it will probably never happen. I hope they will give it serious consideration.

Reinventor

I doubt we're in it to win it next year, I feel we should maybe give singing in Dutch a chance, just because we can

Schlagerman1

I think Eva Simons will represent our country :) And I would be happy with that

I agree with this, not that I believe she will do good, but I think she could really bring a banger on home soil, would be absolutely perfect. Or possibly Sharon Den Adel, that voice of hers is just marvelous.

0scar

Please send an entry that won't be bottom 5. Try to win again.

Honestly I hope we send something that doesn't come bottom 5. I hope we send a song that's in the 'Slow Down' and 'Birds' category - good songs that aren't necessarily in it to win it. Especially I'd like something like Birds.

A-lister

Veteran
Please send an entry that won't be bottom 5. Try to win again.

I doubt we're in it to win it next year, I feel we should maybe give singing in Dutch a chance, just because we can

I don't think a host country needs to be "in it to win it", however it is boring when host countries aren't even trying to send something remotely good in order to not even take the slightest "risk" to win a second year in a row. Looking at the past three years, all "host" entries were hopeless cases imo. I mean, if you don't want to risk winning, then at least send something completely out of the norm and non-basic.

I would love for an entry in Dutch, however I feel like Netherlands is like Sweden in this sense and will go for English even on home soil...

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Nikkie Tutorials already showed interest as being a host. She would be perfect! Love her sense of humor and she speaks English fluently.

Oh yes. Oh yes, yes, yes. Her & Rik Paul whatshissurname for the epic Mole reunion.

Reinventor

I don't think a host country needs to be "in it to win it", however it is boring when host countries aren't even trying to send something remotely good in order to not even take the slightest "risk" to win a second year in a row. Looking at the past three years, all "host" entries were hopeless cases imo. I mean, if you don't want to risk winning, then at least send something completely out of the norm and non-basic.

I would love for an entry in Dutch, however I feel like Netherlands is like Sweden in this sense and will go for English even on home soil...

I'm not saying it should be boring, but by "not being in it to win", you'll get the freedom to take more risks, like an entry in Dutch e.g.

LastDreamer

Banned
Ivana Raymonda Van Der Veen.
Talented singer and beautiful lady.

xheat

Mainshow

Veteran
I know it's tiring but it has to be Within Temptation.

Come one, guys! You're already part of the final, it's in the Netherlands - your home! Nothing to lose!

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not saying it should be boring, but by "not being in it to win", you'll get the freedom to take more risks, like an entry in Dutch e.g.

Yeah I understand what you mean and I completely agree, unfortunately though (and that's what I referred to) we can often see that broadcasters aren't even willing to do that, they simply send something completely dull and often bad to not even risk winning which is a very lame approach. But just like you said, there are other ways you can "not risk winning" but still send something interesting, but I guess with something interesting there is always that small risk that you could win anyways :lol: But I think hosts should aim for top. 10 and not bottom 10 as now, at least if broadcasters send something interesting and fail they will do that with head held up high instead of purposely sending bad entries in order to fail.

Alaska49

i don't even understand this "not risk winning" mentality. you can always, you know, choose to not host lol. there will always be a country eager to host because they will never get to do it by winning or because they are sweden anyway. go all in every year. win three times in a row. destroy ireland's record. have a blast. don't worry about hosting again for now.

A-lister

Veteran
i don't even understand this "not risk winning" mentality. you can always, you know, choose to not host lol. there will always be a country eager to host because they will never get to do it by winning or because they are sweden anyway. go all in every year. win three times in a row. destroy ireland's record. have a blast. don't worry about hosting again for now.

While it's technically possible, a part of Eurovision's soul would die if we'd open up for a hosting bidding-war rather than the winner hosting. This is one of my main concerns with Australia in the game since they wouldn't exactly host it in that sense. I'm pretty sure EBU wouldn't mind at all, but it takes away a strong tradition and ESC would be exposed to the same issues of corruption and bribery we see in regards to hosting like with FIFA, Olympics, UEFA etc.

I do agree though that the the mentality host nations have showed in regards to their entries is just dire.

Alaska49

While it's technically possible, a part of Eurovision's soul would die if we'd open up for a hosting bidding-war rather than the winner hosting. This is one of my main concerns with Australia in the game since they wouldn't exactly host it in that sense. I'm pretty sure EBU wouldn't mind at all, but it takes away a strong tradition and ESC would be exposed to the same issues of corruption and bribery we see in regards to hosting like with FIFA, Olympics, UEFA etc.

I do agree though that the the mentality host nations have showed in regards to their entries is just dire.
all the EBU needs to do is establish officially that the big 5 has backup hosting duties if the winner refuses to host or if australia wins. the end. if they are such a financial help that it justifies them an automatic place in the final, surely they can be on standby to host every time if necessary. this avoid any bidding wars (a valid concern) because i don't think those five countries will exactly fight over the right to host if the winner refuses, and they can establish some rotation system just in case, it's not like we will have so many winners refusing to host in a row. if australia wins, SBS can discuss with each of those five and pick one. this also avoids having to have seven automatic qualifiers in the final (the winner and the non-big 5 host).

if a big 5 were to have such a problem with this rule, they can always stop being a big 5 country. go compete in a semifinal and don't worry about hosting, sweetheart.

Loindici

Veteran

0scar

Recently, I've been listening to Dutch language songs more often, for example Simone Kleinsma's De Winnaar krijgt de Macht (a cover of ABBA's The Winner takes it All) and Wat is mijn hart, but also songs from other artists like Jij bent de Liefde, Hij is van mij, Hoe het danst..

And I realized I'd love for us to send a song in Dutch, though I really don't want to end up in the bottom 5 like recent host nations. xthink

tuorem

I have a feeling that the Queen will come back to save the contest from decadence. xheat #Rotterdam2021 #ArcadeWho?

Top Bottom