Contact us

National Final Song Repository

ZoboCamel

As somebody's who's quickly turned into a fan of Eurovision's national finals over the last few years, I've noticed just how hard it can be to find good-quality, studio recordings of some great NF songs. Sure, it's easy enough to find last year's Melodifestivalen entries, but what if you're looking for an out-of-print Belarusian entry from a few years back that was never released internationally?

Seeing this problem, I figured it might be a good idea to create some sort of group for sharing whatever downloads, links etc. we've managed to find for national final entries, and especially trying to fill any requests that people might be looking for. I know I've got a few NF recordings from recent years that seem to have now vanished from the net, for example, and I'd be happy to try and upload them to anyone else who wants them.

The idea came to me earlier thanks to [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION], who helped me find a studio version of an Albanian NF entry from a couple years back that I'd never been able to find (thanks again!), and I figured some kind of group specifically to do that could be worthwhile.

Since I haven't seen much else like this on the site, it may be in the wrong section, against some kind of rules, etc. - so mods, feel free to do whatever if there's an issue. Just figured I'd get the idea out there.

If this gets enough interest, hopefully we can make Eurovision NFs more accessible and more enjoyable in the long-term!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
How do you envisage doing this? Are you going to create a document with links for people to post on here and keep regularly updated, or keep adding them to the master post? It's a really great idea-maybe coordinate with [MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] as he should have a lot from the Festival de National games he organises. My only concern is how it'll be easily accessible, because if people just post things in the thread as ideas come to them, it will be very tricky to see which songs have been already submitted, as well as being difficult to find a particular song if you are looking for them!

ZoboCamel

How do you envisage doing this? Are you going to create a document with links for people to post on here and keep regularly updated, or keep adding them to the master post? It's a really great idea-maybe coordinate with [MENTION=4395]Schlagerman1[/MENTION] as he should have a lot from the Festival de National games he organises. My only concern is how it'll be easily accessible, because if people just post things in the thread as ideas come to them, it will be very tricky to see which songs have been already submitted, as well as being difficult to find a particular song if you are looking for them!

I figured I'd see what people were interested in and how everyone was able to help before committing to a specific way of doing things, so I'll probably wait for a bit of feedback first (though if anyone wants help looking for a song now or something, feel free to ask whenever!). If we just get scattered requests looking for individual songs, then we can probably just have replies to individual users with links to uploads. However, if we get more activity, and/or if people are willing to contribute collections of stuff (eg. 'Finland 2012', or 'All 2014 NFs', or 'UK 2000-2007' etc.), then yeah, I'll try my best to keep the original post up to date. If people have enough sitting around on their computers, and enough time, we might even be able to try to make and maintain a complete collection of all NF songs (obviously some older ones may be harder to find, but at least from now on I don't see why we couldn't have a complete archive). Essentially I'm willing to take this in whatever direction people are interested in :D

I've got a bit sitting around myself, and while it's not complete (mostly bits and pieces from the last few years, where I've downloaded or bought maybe 50 NF songs I like per year), I might see if I can get some uploads going over the next few days when I'm not quite so busy with university. It may take some time, though, given Australian upload speeds...

Stiven

Okay I'l start by posting videos of the Macedonian songs from Jugovizija from 1983-1989:
Quick preview of some the songs:
The song themself:
Hopefully you guys like this.
Also my favourites are Lidu Lidudu and Niki (1983 and 1984).

tuorem

I knew a fan website that did that some time ago, the guy was uploading personal albums of any artist who entered Eurovision or a NF at least once. There were also all the links of most of the songs of the NFs since 2010 (studio version). Sadly, I think it was shut down :(

That's a nice idea btw, I don't how it could work smoothly without getting too messy.

Top Bottom