The air is what they need
The air is what they breathe
They'll die without it
It's unforgivable

Breathe​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
I listened to it on loudspeakers yesterday and I have to say it grew on me. The performance in Romanian NF though looked like a lipsync to me. Her lips movement are out of synch in parts of the song.

'Breathe' does not set my life on fire and is not in my top 10 but it's a nicely crafted song. Actually it can even do similarily to "Proud". And I was not a big fan of the song initially.

krivac

Montenegro is back to the usual boring Balkan ballads. If it was in Serbian it would've been my last place

Phoenix

I honestly can't get into this at all. The larger than life dramatics over nothing in particular (and those lyrics in the chorus, uhh...) make this unintentionally hilarious.

Zerocalcare

Vocally Vladana is exceptional. She manages to reach epic peaks that only singers of the caliber of, for example, Celine Dion can do. The compliments end there. I don't find the song well structured. That is, it's a good song but... it's flat. The real driving force of the song is the chorus, the point where Vladana's voice explodes creating a black hole in space time. The video from the point of view of the direction is well done but, at times, it is disturbing and the actors are not very expressive... precisely with regard to the plastic expressions, I'm sorry to say, these sometimes arouse hilarity... Anyway, to be a return and a first song, Montenegro did a great job. I can also believe that the song can make it to the final but I don't think it has any chance of even making it into the Top 15. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

This is a very substandard, melodically quite hard, Eurovision ballad that we often get and which I never understand is being sent over and over again since they don't do that well in the contest, it's generally weak and forgettable. The deep vocals might be hard to do live, but we will see. Generally a very unexciting song I'm afraid, it would benefit alot from not being in English because as of now the English drags it down even further. This has some similarities to what Albania tend to send and we know how that usually goes...

Zerocalcare

This morning I decided to give my impressions of Barcelona Pre Party 2022 and the singers who performed there.

Aside from the fact that the Pre Party stage was not the best (it is something that can be accepted in a pre contest), I personally found the sound system bad. The amateur quality audio did not help the singers to express themselves to the maximum nor the public to appreciate the songs as best they could.

The Pre Party was interesting because, as I expressed in the San Marino thread, it shows the singer's strengths and weaknesses.

These opening lines will be the same for all Pre Party attendee threads. It is a kind of preface.

Now let's talk about Vladana and "Breathe" specifically. I'll settle this pretty quickly. The performance was bad, probably the worst. Gone is the epic nature that creates an empathic bridge with the listener; the voice of Vladana who, despite her singing preparation, showed some limits (also the fault of the not excellent audio system); zero staging and... zero image care. I like simplicity but Vladana went on stage the same way as when you go to eat a pizza with your family. In contrast, the other female singers, apart from Brooke, have been able to show their charm a little. I am truly disappointed. I expected a lot more. Maybe Vladana and "Breathe" are perfect when every element on the stage and in the exh.ibition is built to perfection but in this way, always in my opinion, any genuineness in the feelings is lost.

HarryUK

Favourite Montenegrin entry since 2015, which was epic. I LOVE this song so much, it's just outside my top 10. I really hope she qualifies!

crashworld

Veteran
I am truly shocked how lacking she sounds in this performance. She is pitchy and shouty. Hopefully she will sound much better during the actual contest.

Romeo

FED298-BB-6742-464-A-A12-C-12-A21-D76-F6-A1.jpg
So according to SkyBet Montenegro are joint 9th favourite to win

musicfan

My review:

This is a very substandard, melodically quite hard, Eurovision ballad that we often get and which I never understand is being sent over and over again since they don't do that well in the contest, it's generally weak and forgettable.
It's strong and memorable but apart from that why should people just consider it a competition and appeal to the lowest common denominator? It's not easy listening like for instance the Portuguese song, but I'm ok with that.

Milos-BC

She is in my top 5. One of the best :me: entries so far.

I like the song for both objective and subjective reasons, and as someone who also lost a family member because of COVID (and I went through the disease as well), I can totally relate to the message.

12 points from me.

Top Bottom