10 9.7%

13 12.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Moldova-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
Camp Eastern European type of performance, Kirkorov style, I have to stan..
8 in the poll though. I think she was playback in the final.. She can do anything, Kirkorov is behind her.... xqueenbitch:cool: :ROFLMAO:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
It's basically their entry last year, but...funnier. Not full-on "My Friend" hilarious on the sliding scale of Eurovision hilarity but still, kinda funny. It also ends right as it's revving up, which contributes to the first part of this critique.

PRISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

7 points.

Geborgenheit

Camp Eastern European type of performance, Kirkorov style, I have to stan..

Eastern European? More like Soviet Union style. So sad for Moldova. And Natalia is actually not a bad singer. The song is just awful.

:cry:

crashworld

Veteran
God. What is this pile of shit. I am giving this a big fat ZERO. This year's entry makes last year's entry sounds superior. If they can't qualify last year, this wouldn't. And THIS NEEDS TO STAY (no pun intended) in the semi.

aef

Okay I'm in a dilemma here. I quite like the studio version, especially the beat and the part at the end! But the live performance was obviously nothing. How should I rate it now? Hm I think I'll go with 6 points.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I think of all the songs selected so far for Eurovision this year Prison in the one where my opinions conflict the most. The composition is actually well done. The synths are great. Verses are nice. The pre chorus is fantastic even, and makes you believe it's building up to something magnificent. A potentially stirring moment. Instead you're delivered an unattractive "prissssssooon". It's so monotonous and makes the song end on a huge damper. Finishing the whole experience after two minutes at this point would be enough as that final minute is simply a chore to sit through.

5 points from me, mainly for the really nice synths.

Moldova really need to think differently next year about how they select their entry. Go internal even cause what happened last night was sort of insulting. We all knew what would happen here way in advance. Prison was like 7th on the Wiwibloggs poll, but of course it was able to win this thing by landslide from the death slot of a twenty song selection.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

ESC94

Well, the title "Prison" is very fitting, because that´s where the composers belong! Sorry :md:, but this is a big piece of nothing!! (n)

A very tacky performance with all those chairs, an outdated ballad that sounds like teleported from the early 2000s, a badly copied melody from "Hijo de la luna" and a singer that can hit the notes but doesn´t have a pleasant vocal color.

I thought :md: learned something from last year, but that´s equally terrible. I´m very sorry, but that´s a clear :0:!!

A-lister

Veteran
Moldova mirrors their society very well in their NF. Corruption to the core & Russian intervention.

Unfortunate truth!

I always wondered how it feels to know you won out of corruption? But taken from the Russia's "Olympics" playbook, cheating and bribing is just part of every day dealing with things so I guess it just comes so natural that no one is bothered...

Realest

Are there any Proves for the Corruption-Accusations? I mean the Juryvotes looked pretty fair, I mean Pasha and Natalia played more or less in the same League. Apparently its forbidden to win when you are the Fanfavourite (outside this Forum of course) and have the most competitive Entry as long as Kirkorov is behind the Entry

opinionsigotem

Are there any Proves for the Corruption-Accusations? I mean the Juryvotes looked pretty fair, I mean Pasha and Natalia played more or less in the same League. Apparently its forbidden to win when you are the Fanfavourite (outside this Forum of course) and have the most competitive Entry as long as Kirkorov is behind the Entry

Prison was not the fan favourite outside of this forum lol everywhere else has been saying the same thing

Phoenix

As a song it's not that much different from what Norway is sending this year, it's ok. At certain points, the instrumentation overshadows her voice completely though. I would, however, change everything about that stage performance.

Franzilein

I don't know, I like it xshrug Just got that itchy feeling you get when you know you've heard a song similar to this before, but I can't quite pinpoint it xthink

CPV4931

I didn´t like it when listening to it first and prefered "Moldovitja" in the NF (I still do...), but the moreI listen to"Prison", the more I like it. At least in my top 10 at the moment.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well, it was a fix from the start so I didn't bother with OMPE.

Prison is okay. Like, the composition is your usual "boring dated ballad" crap, but I do *feel* like their is potential for a crazy (good) live performance on a Eurovision stage. Since this is Moldova funded by Kirkorov, I totally expect them to go that route as well.

So, simply based on potential I'm giving this a :5:.

opinionsigotem

As a song it's not that much different from what Norway is sending this year, it's ok. At certain points, the instrumentation overshadows her voice completely though. I would, however, change everything about that stage performance.

Yeah it was like "oh, your staging is... chairs. That's stupid."

Phoenix

Yeah it was like "oh, your staging is... chairs. That's stupid."
Right, you either go down the Britney Spears - Stronger route with that or don't try at all. What I found off also was that she looked like she was singing some uplifting bop and not a dour ballad called Prison ffs, what was that?!

Top Bottom