10 9.7%

10 9.7%

13 12.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Moldova-scaled.jpg

Citelis

I agree that she will stay in the semi but so far is the only song that selected today and i don't hate it :lol:

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Ok so...I so want to give this :0: and bitch slap TRM in to the ground, but I will not be that petty so instead i'm gonna throw a :3:. It's not even the worst entry we have (this year really needs Jesus). Here, enjoy the scraps, Moldova, it's all that you deserve

giphy.gif

RevNet

THE GOOD:
-I like the transitions from chorus to verse.
-For the vocal parts she has, they're adequate.

THE BAD:
-The sound is dated.
-The ethnic instrumentals sound like a last-minute addition.
-Overall, the combination of vocals and instrumentals doesn't quite work here. I would even argue that the vocals get lost a little bit in parts.

THE VERDICT:
This is just another power ballad in a long line of power ballads. The only thing of interest here is the transitions. This is a crappier version of Jessica Simpson's "I Wanna Love You Forever", which I'll bet is what they were going for with this song. For a country with a lot of talent (at least when it comes to Eurovision), this entry is a bit of a disappointment. 6 points

PinchyCrabstina

Apparently Geta got 7 televotes even though she wasn't even competing tonight. What a joke if true. No wonder she withdrew. How disrespectful to all the artists to not let them compete on fair grounds. They could've at least had the courtesy to not make the rigging so obvious.

Please can Moldova just withdraw and the Nightmare Team be banned from Eurovision.

Chrisiam

I don't want to be negative, I really don't, having someone return to the contest after such a long time is a neat thing, it really is, and when I saw the ratings people where giving here, I didn't think it would be as bad as all that but...

I... just...

Look, a lot of my problems with this are similiar to the ones I have with Belarus's entry; the vocal's and the music just don't work together.

The music comands a vocal performance that is moodier, darker, smoother where as what we get here is a vocal performance that feels like it should either be for a more conventional ballad or pop or dance track and the combination of the two things just, does, not, work!

Listening to it, it sounds like it should be on the cusp of being innovative, contemporary, almost hypnotic in its darkness but its sung in a very bright and dare I say dated way (Honestly with a different backing track this wouldn't sound all that out of place in the mid-2000's) and the backing track, whilst it is close to being the kind of synthy music I like, the first minuet of it with the piano and such, yeah, no thanks.

And I am really sad to say all that because, looking at the song, all its elements, I can see someone making a great track out of it, hell, several if you tried. But as it stands its feels like they just threw a bunch of stuff into a pot to see what would work and in the end, I'm sorry to say it doesn't.

Oh, and she did the disco ball glowy thing like that Bulletproof song from Sweden does only on a smaller scale which really just rubbed me the wrong way. In the end, unless it is revised between now and the contest its a 2 from me.

Ezio

Veteran
Officer, handcuff me NOW and send me to prison immediately! Because I am guilty of liking this cheap ass song. But I am ready to do whatever you want from me.....

giphy.gif

LontraCanadensis

We stan the power of riggage! Um...this is fine. Idk they staging kind of annoyed me and came across very unlikable in my opinion. That being said, they could have fun and make it an overdramatic mess, but I don't see Kirkorov et al. letting that happen. Moldova had better choices, but we all knew this was winning anyway so I guess it softend the blow. It's better than Estonia tonight for what it's worth. 4 points

Uto

Veteran
Yeah ok, this is just an automatic 0 because of the whole corruption thing. Song itself is just weak and unoriginal. Still a solid tier ahead of France really.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ok, before we get on to what actually won. 99 votes. 99 Moldovans voted for Dale Dale. I'm sorry, what? Wtf even is this country. It's not like the NF is so super killer to make that even slightly acceptable.

Moving on, this NF was surely rigged to fuck so I have no idea why they even did it. Where is the logic in this? If you so desperately want an entry just internally select it and don't waste the time and money. Anyway, this victory is no shock at all. Russia selecting multiple entries through other countries. Yawn. I don't hate it, and quite like the little ethno elements in part but really it's so very shallow and devoid of any real meaning. 5 points because it doesn't repel me.

Realest

Are there any Full Results available.
I think it will qualify with ease. Since when does Kirkorov not qualify?

DaFlo

Banned
I swear this song sounds so so much like it was meant for Russia lol like Sergey's 3rd entry. I hope that means Russia cooks sth really good up this year ... Zivert with one of her bops in Russian pls ._.

5 pts here

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
I was watching Eesti Laul & MF with my family tonight and I'm so sad not to see Moldova 2020 - Dale Dale :(

Or at least "Moldovita"

Can't rate "Prison" yet, but I think I'll give it between 3 and 5 pts.

FilipFromSweden

Could someone PLEASE just give me a quick recap of what riggory/corruption happened tonight? I'd appreciate it! xheart

Marite

I’ve only watched the live national final performance and not the studio version yet, but I didn’t like the song at all. I think something bothered me about her voice, but I’ve already forgotten the song and how it goes already. Maybe I’ll change my mind after listening to the studio version and to the song in general more often.

also, for some reason the chairs on the stage reminded me of toilets, idk.

Top Bottom