Contact us

Missed chances: the songs you wish you had sent to FSC

Ausesken

Missed-chances.png

As you know, one of the basic rules of FSC is that the songs can't be older than 12 months.

I'm sure we all have a list of songs we couldn't send to the contest because they got too old :(

You couldn't share the song with us back then, but this thread allows you to share it with us anyway!

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I feel so arrogant saying this after the great results last year and victory now, but...
Danish music is usually very bad so I hardly ever find recent songs that I won't be able to send :eek:

I've only got two songs since I joined more than six years ago
...and one of them was even sent by someone to a spin-off later on ! :love:

Anyway, these are the two songs:

Mads Langer ft. Coco O - Afterglow

Eivør - Í Tokuni

So that's it; I won't be posting anymore songs in this thread for a loooong time :eek:

Bmbriga

Well, I'm not long here, but it actually happened last month already. I wanted to send this song, but didn't notice in time the compilation of the festival songs was released one month before the festival it was performed on.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

I had a couple of songs I was going to send since I joined the contest back in 2011, which later on I repented in not sending them:

Christian Chavez & Anahi-LIBERTAD​

Paty Cantú, Benny Ibarra - Se Desintegra El Amor​

Jass Reyes - Wild Love​

Axel Muñiz - Cuerpo A Cuerpo​

Bailalo (Official Video) - Belinda ft Steve Aoki, Zion & Lennox and Cirque Du Soleil​

Luis Lauro - Adios ( So Long )​

ANTONIA x Yoss Bones - Dinero​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
It does indeed often become a question of priorities and a choice of alternatives (y)

I have been fortunate in that I have been able to send most songs I wanted to FSC over the years.

Some of the songs I particularly recall that were eligible for FSC for Norway and which I seriously considered entering for many months, to the extent that they often became 'serial' Back Ups, but which I discarded (skipped) in the end because I found other 'better' alternatives, are the following below (I really liked them and I wish I could have sent them to FSC but other choices were made at the time):

Wardruna - Kvitravn

Maria Mena - You Live and You Learn

Morten Harket - Brother

Verjamem

Jula - Nie zatrzymasz mnie

I wanted to send it as our entry in May/June 2013, when I started participating in FSC, but it was month too old (I remember back then song could be released up to 10 months before, not 12 like now). It's not FSC-winner material, but I still like it. For Polish standards, it's a good pop tune with rock vibes.

Last edited:

Bmbriga

@Verjamem just reminded me 😃
My first month in the competition I wanted to send this, but it was a month too old. YT video was OK, but I found it published on some streaming service a month before.

AndroZeus

I feel so arrogant saying this after the great results last year and victory now, but...
Danish music is usually very bad so I hardly ever find recent songs that I won't be able to send :eek:

I've only got two songs since I joined more than six years ago
...and one of them was even sent by someone to a spin-off later on ! :love:

Anyway, these are the two songs:

Mads Langer ft. Coco O - Afterglow

Eivør - Í Tokuni

So that's it; I won't be posting anymore songs in this thread for a loooong time :eek:
I went to this thread specifically to write that I keep thinking "oh I should pick Í Tokuni for FSC, it's like the best possible choice - oh wait, it's several years old". Such an excellent song, that definitely could've won!

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I went to this thread specifically to write that I keep thinking "oh I should pick Í Tokuni for FSC, it's like the best possible choice - oh wait, it's several years old". Such an excellent song, that definitely could've won!
I tried to send Í Tokuni, but I was just a few months too late :confused:

It finished 4th in the Spin-Off (the Nature-edition)

Top Bottom