Contact us

Malta MALTA 2023 - The Busker - Dance (Our Own Party)

How do you rate this entry?

11 8.4%

14 10.7%

19 14.5%

19 14.5%

13 9.9%

17 13.0%

12 9.2%

11 8.4%

6 4.6%

4 3.1%

5 3.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
I see no redeeming quality in this song. This is the surest NQ I've seen in years. Sorry Malta, even though the singer looks like Zayn Mailk.
How is looking like Zayn Malik considered to be a bad thing!? Oo

midnightsun

Veteran
The problem is: it’s a really good song. I love this very much. Perfect song to dance between the chores. The performance is cute. BUT this won’t catch the audience. It’s nothing you want to see at Eurovision for three minutes. There are too many instrumental parts, too many pauses. It doesnt feel Eurovision. It’s basically talking and whispering instead of singing and doing Michael Jackson moves to some background sax music which isn’t half as good as epic sax guy doing epic sax things.
Yes, I‘m afraid too this is a sure NQ.

Mainshow

Veteran
Absolutely incredible, witty and amazing music video!

Damn, I need this song to qualify so badly! It would be such a great way to kick off the GF!

Mainshow

Veteran
I think they achieved it to come across as funny.

The song is meant to be quite goofy and they transfered the song´s atmosphere to a very fitting music video.

Wynnter

I felt more creeped out then anything by those... would you even call them babies? xhunter

Anyways, song remains at a :4:. There's just something in it that won't click with me.

Looren

Veteran
Quite a good revamp, they cleaned the track a bit and the little changes in the saxophone sound are good

Upgrading this to :7:

njdevils94

Veteran
The music video for :mt: is very playful. A bit :ee: Jann Pehk-esque I thought with all the chroma key effects. With other songs that have come in this week just outside my top 10 as of now but a fun unusual entry for Malta this year no doubt.

Ezio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Dark horse 2023. So good! I think this is my fave Maltese entry

Deleted member 12761

Great video and the lead singer is really cute. He kinda looks like Joe Jonas xblush I'm changing to :7: points.

midnightsun

Veteran
Damn, I need this song to qualify so badly! It would be such a great way to kick off the GF!

We can do this! Germany is going to vote in Semi 1 and I was planning to spend all my votes on Latvia, but I might 50:50 Malta. Actually it’s a safe NQ for me right now but I would LOVE to have it in the final as well.
Just think what we managed to do to Lithuania 2019! Jurij got 1 points from Germany thanks to our calls (talking myself into believing it anyway :cool:)!

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
It's funky, a bit quirky, that should TOTALLY be my type of gem but it's not. I find it enjoyable, but it sounds a bit empty. The revamp gave a bit of life but it still lacks of something, some transitions are weird, just as how the song ends...
Not a bad effort in any ways, still the best option Malta had this year, but it does definitely lacks something.
:5: for me.

Honestly i can't see this song qualifying... Call me blocked in last year but if Citi Zēni didn't qualify i don't know how The Busker could.

Top Bottom