І аm whаt І аm

І аm whаt І аm
І аm whаt І аm
Веndіng bасkwаrdѕ trуіng tо fіt іn
І’ll mаkе thеm undеrѕtаnd, уеаh
Таkе іt оr lеаvе іt
І аm whаt І аm…​

ArmpitOfEurope

Still cant believe we dont have Ritmu in this years line up because of... this beige patato for a song.
Not that Ritmu was a masterpiece but it could be such a nice break in the sea of songs that are trying to kiss the *sses of the juries.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

This is one of those standard, slightly "gospel"-inspired, Pop ballads we get each and every year (will it ever stop?), but in a weaker package. Like, it's not a bad song per se, but my oh my could it be less formulaic? The juries will probably support it but not sure about the public. I'm not sure the point of going back to it.

Zerocalcare

This morning I decided to give my impressions of the Barcelona Pre Party 2022 and the singers who performed there.

Aside from the fact that the Pre Party stage wasn't great (it's something that can be accepted in a pre-contest), I personally found the sound system terrible. The amateur quality audio did not help the singers express themselves at their best nor did the public enjoy the songs as best they could.

The Pre Party was interesting because, as I expressed in the San Marino thread, it shows the strengths and weaknesses of the singers and their songs.

These opening lines will be the same for all pre-party attendee threads. It's a kind of preface.

Now let's talk about Emma Muscat and "I Am What I Am". I will be very fast, I don't think I have many considerations to make. The interpretation was good, the voice good and the song is solid. If Emma Muscat has been able to do well at a small live concert, I am sure that at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 she can shine even more. It is true that the song is very "Coca Cola Style", "Disney Style" or "Politically Correct Style" but it is enjoyable and has potential. Be careful not to underestimate Malta!

Chalphon

Congratulations Malta! This must be the craziest revamp yet! You changed the arrangement completely! Everything is different, the video, the lyrics, the melody, the tempo, you even changed the name of the song... Crazy!

Allthough I do have to say I preferred the old version of your song better...

Chalphon

I had her close to my top ten with the old song, new song sounds Disney but that's not a good thing to me.

crashworld

Veteran
Performance @ Israel Calling

She sounds really good if I must say. Such a pity they couldn't come out with something better for her. At one point, I thought The Mamas are going to come on stage and sing with her. LOL.

Got a feeling this will do really well with the juries. Hopefully, the televoters will see through this vanilla beige.

ESC94

Performance @ Israel Calling

She sounds really good if I must say. Such a pity they couldn't come out with something better for her. At one point, I thought The Mamas are going to come on stage and sing with her. LOL.

Got a feeling this will do really well with the juries. Hopefully, the televoters will see through this vanilla beige.

We´re talking about :mt:, they could pee on stage and jurors would still get an orgasm. :rolleyes:

ESC94

I think I´ve been too kind to this "song", everything about it makes me wanna puke because it´s so chliché and inautentic. I downgrade it from :1: to :0:, actually I feel really offended by it . xangry

jatojo

She's wonderful in every way. The song is nice - the weakness: it's a bit too simple, there are no surprises in there.

Milos-BC

Ironically, I usually don't like :mt: entries, and now when I do, now most people dislike it :lol: I think the song is good even though it certainly is cheesy and outdated to a degree. It could go both ways, a live performance will be crucial.

7 points.

hijirio

Veteran
a piano on stage, how creative. this is so NQing, i'm sorry malta... #Justice4Ritmu

TB98

I don't want to sound like a hater, I love when Malta does well, but I'm perplexed by this being top10 in the odds to qualify. Like, this is not qualifying. More obvious is literally impossible. S2 is starting to look stronger than S1, especialy staging wise, and this will literally be forgotten by the time the last song performs.

Top Bottom