І аm whаt І аm

І аm whаt І аm
І аm whаt І аm
Веndіng bасkwаrdѕ trуіng tо fіt іn
І’ll mаkе thеm undеrѕtаnd, уеаh
Таkе іt оr lеаvе іt
І аm whаt І аm…​

Zerocalcare

Many underestimate "Out of Sight". It is a typical good Eurovision product which, especially in this season where all the songs are on the same level, can also make a good impression. It is not a winning song, nor a Top 10 song but it could still reach a maximum of a fourteenth, a minimum of an eighteenth position.

Sammy

Veteran
Don‘t change it.
a) If you had a better option you would have entered the MESC with it. (No, I don‘t think Walking on water was an improvement back then)
b) you won with this song, it was a decision of public and jury, show respect for them and stick to what you offered. everything else would be cheating.
c) Changing a song is extremely arrogant towards the other contestants because it’s basically saying: ANY sing I sing is better than what you presented.
d) if you don’t wanna go any more, pull an Andreas Kümmert.

elanyvx

Don‘t change it.
a) If you had a better option you would have entered the MESC with it. (No, I don‘t think Walking on water was an improvement back then)
b) you won with this song, it was a decision of public and jury, show respect for them and stick to what you offered. everything else would be cheating.
c) Changing a song is extremely arrogant towards the other contestants because it’s basically saying: ANY sing I sing is better than what you presented.
d) if you don’t wanna go any more, pull an Andreas Kümmert.
I believe that the change of song was possible by regulation. Maybe Emma's victory at the MESC was obvious to everyone, the change of song is written in the regulation and she is doing it. I think "Out of sight" is a good song but not the best ever, so she could be eliminated in the semifinals. I think it is right that everyone plays in favor of their country to improve participation, including revamps, staging etc.

Realest

She reacts to the critics of the Fandom, I dont see any problems. She realized that her Song is too weak for Eurovision. Late, but not too late.

elanyvx

She reacts to the critics of the Fandom, I dont see any problems. She realized that her Song is too weak for Eurovision. Late, but not too late.

One important thing must not be forgotten: her music and record market is in Italy since she has a contract with Warner Music Italy. The song "Out of Sight" is certainly not very strong for Italy after Eurovision, in my opinion the change of song could be useful both for the competition and subsequently to become even more popular in Italy, and maybe in the future debut in Sanremo or in any case to bond with other artists for new summer song or collaborations.

I think that the change of song was already foreseen, otherwise the rules would not have changed like Ira Losco in 2016.

Sammy

Veteran
I believe that the change of song was possible by regulation. Maybe Emma's victory at the MESC was obvious to everyone, the change of song is written in the regulation and she is doing it. I think "Out of sight" is a good song but not the best ever, so she could be eliminated in the semifinals. I think it is right that everyone plays in favor of their country to improve participation, including revamps, staging etc.
just because something is possible, doesn‘t mean it‘s a good thing to do. all I wrote is not altered by the fact that rules allow a song change (which you just „believe“ to be true, right? or is that certain?)
in any case - if there was a rule that it‘s possible to spit in the face of somebody, common sense would still tell you not to do it respectively would consider it a wrongdoing.

Sammy

Veteran
)She reacts to the critics of the Fandom, I dont see any problems. She realized that her Song is too weak for Eurovision. Late, but not too late.
she should have asked me beforhand - could‘ve told her. xqueenbitch (FINALLY I can use that emoji for once!:lol:

VikingTiger

Really? Changing the song after a NF?
I find Out of Sight horribly bland and forgettable, a 2 (because Emma can sing). But I agree with Sammy - changing the song is such a slap in the face to all the other contestants in the NF. :mad:

crashworld

Veteran
Actually it really depends on the rules of the NF. If the rules of the NF did not say the winner of the NF needs to go to ESC with the song he/she/they performed in the NF, it's still within the broadcaster's rights to change it. And I doubt EBU cares if countries change their song as long as they submit the final song by the stipulated deadline and meet the requirements (which I don't think it include winning song from the NF must be the final song for the country's entry).

At the end of the day, I think most people know that Emma won because of who she is, rather than the song.

empo21

Veteran
Actually it really depends on the rules of the NF. If the rules of the NF did not say the winner of the NF needs to go to ESC with the song he/she/they performed in the NF, it's still within the broadcaster's rights to change it.
I believe they had that rule (or lack of it) in 2016 with Ira Losco, stating that the MESC winner is free to change the song and technically the selection is to choose the artist or something.

crashworld

Veteran
I believe they had that rule (or lack of it) in 2016 with Ira Losco, stating that the MESC winner is free to change the song and technically the selection is to choose the artist or something.

So perhaps it is the same with this year? I mean it's actually pretty smart to do that. But then the delegation will run the danger of getting another song that could very well be worse off due to the time constraint.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
So she's doing an Ira Losco/Elhaida Dani cause only two people outside of Malta like the song? What a slap in the face to the Maltese people who spent their money voting for Out of Sight. Justice for AIDAN and Ritmu tbh.

*Immediately forgets about how much I hate this kind of loathsome behaviour when the new song is wonderful*

empo21

Veteran
If Ira Losco and Elhaida Dani are examples, whatever song replaces Out of Sight should be good......right?

EscGeek

Veteran
I hope i won't be disappointed by an upgrade
Emma's discography is as impressive as her looks so at the moment i'm pretty calm xheat xlovexrose

Top Bottom