Contact us

Male domination in ESC 2014

Tinchey

So far we've seen mostly female winners, but this year according to fans and bookies, males have the most chances of winning. Are witnessing another low moment of humanity where males overdominate females?! Are we ready for this? Are we really ready for non-gimmicky male winner? Say no to male winner, vote for females!!! #GIRLPOWER #SEANSUX But on a serious note, do you find it weird that all of the sudden three male solo acts (Hungary, Armenia and Norway if Carl Espen wins, but that's certain) are three best contenders to win? Will we see a male winner this year or is there still a chance for a female act to win? Discuss

ParadiseES

When I saw the title of this thread I thought of many other things, but not Eurovision..... :oops:

greece

Actually we've got many great entries from girls this year...but I can say that and I almost have in my top 10 more men...every year.
But after Rybak at 2009 we hadn't any solo male winner,so why not now...

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
According to the betting odds Sanna Nielsen is a favorite and the United Kingdom is high up there, too.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Yes, current ranking

1. Norway
2. Armenia
3. Sweden
4. Azerbaijan
5. Hungary
6. Romania
7. United Kingdom

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Armenia and Hungary are popular entries who happen to be performed by male vocalists but as said, there is a good amount of female singers that could win it all. So I don't think there is a male domination in 2014.

A-lister

Veteran
Cleo better kick those male a**es with her Slavic girl's powers xqueenbitch

Girls are actually bringing shows to ESC, males can get away with simply being boring (sexism at its finest when it comes to show-business)... therefor I much prefer female acts xshrug

Salmon

Are we ready for this? Are we really ready for non-gimmicky male winner?

And why would that be bad? xshrug

Seriously, it's rather the female domination among ESC winners that sorta annoys me... :?

wait, that sounds sexist

Top Bottom