Contact us

Mag Tagalog Tayo (tuwing umaga!)

r3gg13

Magandang araw sainyong lahat!

Dati ko pang gustong gumawa ng pahina para sa wikang Tagalog pero nagaarimuhanan ako dati, at ngayon ko lang napag desisyonan na gumawa! Heto na sya :)

Ok, I've decided to make a thread for the Tagalog language, 1 of the 173 languages spoken in the Philippines :) I know some of you know Filipino people, so it might be of some interest for you guys. Plus, it's gonna be the only Austronesian language on the thread, so I take pride in it :) So if you have any questions regarding Tagalog, this is the thread for you :)

Sabiondo

Re: Magsalita tayo ng wikang Tagalog!

helo amigo, nice to chat sa inyo sa Tagalog - its an smiliar lenguage to the Spanich one )) so i can undertand a bit.

r3gg13

We use a lot of Spanish vocab in the language a good 40 to 50% of the Tagalog vocabulary is borrowed from Spanish and to a lesser extent Min Nan Chinese, and English. So you could practically speak in Spanish in the Philippines and people could understand a good chunk of what you're saying :)

sannerz

Kumusta ka?

That's all I've learned from my friends.
... And some inappropriate words. :lol:

r3gg13

Mabuti naman ako Sannerz!

haha, everyone knows how to cuss in Tagalog :lol:
it's almost mandatory to teach it to our friends :lol:

Last edited:

Gerly

I don't know anything about that language, but it looks quite cool. I can't understand a word.
How's "Hi"? :D

Raul_Spain

I just wanna say hi here. The Philippines and Spain are brother nations and it's still surprising how many people have no clue of all the things we have in common. Reggie, do you speak some Spanish too?

r3gg13

I don't speak Spanish, sadly. But I do understand it when it's spoken and when it's written. My parents and my grandparents spoke it in the past :) Yes! We adopted a lot of stuff from Spain, the main reason why we made our first airport and airline in the 1930's was so that there's an option of direct flight from Manila to Madrid. We have good ties with Spain (although it has been going down)

Raul_Spain

Yes, you're right, it has been going down. It's sad because there were great Philippine writers and books in Spanish.

r3gg13

Yeah, In all honesty, I wish that the bond between Spain and the Philippines to go back to how it used to be in the 40's to the 70's. Everyone was pretty much trilingual back then (Tagalog, Spanish and English). Now it's just Tagalog and English.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Magandang umaga! Kumusta ka?

When I listen to Filipino people talking, I always understand for what they're talking about, because they say lots of words in English! They say numbers, days, months, and even entire phrases in English!

r3gg13

Ok naman! How about you? Kumusta ka? (This is really how I sound like when I speak Tagalog, I pretty much mix it with English, almost everybody does it :lol:)

Yeah! half of the vocab is borrowed from other languages, but the grammar is really Tagalog. BTW, we even conjugate some English verbs using the Tagalog logic. ie. ipagcut which means would you cut. You can see that the word cut is not changed at all, it's just added on to the verb affix

aja675

BTW, I come from the Philippines. I live in San Juan City.

And speaking of Spain, I have ancestors from there.

aja675

There are lots of Filipinos who have problems in speaking English. However, there also some who have difficulties in speaking Filipino, like me. :lol:

r3gg13

BTW, I come from the Philippines. I live in San Juan City.

And speaking of Spain, I have ancestors from there.

You're from the Philippines?!? You currently live there? Well, it's nice to meet you! I lived in Manila for a while :)
Me too, I have Spanish ancestors :)

Kumusta kaibigan? Ok lang ba dyan ngayon, I heard from my lola, medyo magulo dyan ngayon

aja675

You're from the Philippines?!? You currently live there? Well, it's nice to meet you! I lived in Manila for a while :)
Me too, I have Spanish ancestors :)

Kumusta kaibigan? Ok lang ba dyan ngayon, I heard from my lola, medyo magulo dyan ngayon

OK naman po. :D

Top Bottom